Respected Contributor

Re: Reformed Shopaholics week of June 27)

Good afternoon..I had a ct scan this morning. I probably walked quite a bit and did ok. The lastv2 weeks before my infusion can be rough and it appears that will be the case

I am keeping our things well organized around ms chaos..lol.

nothing of note here.  

Claudia..your temps are balmy to say the least. I bet Gryff will look gorgeous.  Amie has a traeger grill and she loves it. 

Linda...I think you might be busy with your hospice things. Hope dds painting gets done.When does your niece in law come??I do not know if that is an actual term but I thought it sounded cool.

have a good day.👼🧚‍♂️

i

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good Afternoon/Evening!  Really hope it isn't as hot today, Claudia.  DD's AC broke yesterday evening, and it was very, very hot (94 degrees before the repairman arrived this afternoon).  She is exhausted.  

Hope Griffyn's grooming goes well, and R likes the smoker on sale.  My senior lunch program buddy's husband had quite a nice set up for smoking meats in their former house.  Not sure if he has one now.

Sorry you are expecting a rough time before your infusion, Barbara.  Good that you were able to get your CT scan done and walking wasn't bad.  

DD's painter didn't come today, but is supposed to come tomorrow.  But, there is a chance of storms so who knows.

She is very excited that DGD is expressing an interest in going back to get early childhood education certification.  Since she has a degree in accounting and math, getting the certification could open up opportunities for a new job.  She had some experience with tutoring special needs students at the community college, and preferred that work to what she is doing.  The coursework is all on-line, and would only last for a few months starting in September. 

She sees her new psychiatrist tomorrow, and will ask for her opinion.  Fingers crossed this will be a good move for her.

My niece-in-law comes Monday after next in the afternoon/evening. 

Hope both of you and your husbands have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda 

ETA -- hospice is tomorrow, Barbara

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I think Griffyn looks the best he ever has post grooming. He's very tired though and picked his crate for a long nap. Tippy never disturbs him when he's in his crate.

R got his smoker and spent the afternoon putting it together. I left him to it and picked up dog food plus made a Wegmans stop before picking Griffyn up. It did rain and once Griffyn was in the car we had a heavy downpour. Today is cooler (70's).

The smoker took 2 of us to get it in and out of the car and then up the back porch steps. R bought various cuts of meat to smoke so the fridge is full.

How miserable for DD and family to have the AC quit working. I'm glad it's fixed now.

Imo its a very positive step that your DGD is looking into an early childhood certification, Linda. I hope your DD's house painting Is finished soon. All the rainy weather plus the heat is frustrating.

Barbara, I'm glad your CT scan is done and walking wasn't too difficult. You're doing better than I at being organized. R's clutter is gaining ground here.

Tomorrow should be a low key day. I only need to stop at Adam's bank and pick up milk and bananas. Laundry and dusting can wait.

Have a good evening.

Respected Contributor

a late posting...I went to knitting and then saw the podiatrist. My foot is gradually getting better..but it is a very slow process.

M finally settled on paint colors. She is doing a gray palette. With different gradations for the lr and dr walls, accent walls and hallways.I think it will be elegant.she is going to pop colors in the bath and laundrybroom

Linda..glad to hear dgd may consider early childhood..there is a great need for teachers especially with the push for early ed. Yikes about dds ac...we only had that happen here once . We had ceiling fans that really helped. It looks hot in Az.

Claudia..I bet Griff looks gorgeous. Hope r has fun with the smoker. Amie rally likes hers. 

Sleep well. 😴😴

Respected Contributor

I like a gray palette, Barbara. I'm sure M's choices will look quite elegant. I'm glad your foot is improving. R hadn't been doing the recommended stretching exercises for his problem.

I called my good friend who also cat sits for us and discovered her mother passed away at age 94. She is devastated as they talked every day. I'm hoping she can weather this loss as they were very close.

R purchased large steaks and smoked 2. One would have been enough for both of us especially since it's not a favorite meal of mine.

Today was cooler with a few sprinkles. I did the banking plus stopped by the post office and a small grocery. Not much else got done besides feeding and cleaning up after the dogs and cats.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Evening!  Glad Griffyn was so beautiful, Claudia.  Also glad R is having fun with his smoker.  My Dad loved steak, and I got very tired of it after a while.  Hope you find a use for leftovers.  I know some people like steak salad, but I haven't tried it.

Sorry to hear about your friend's Mother.  Living to 94 is pretty good, but I know it hurts to lose your Mom if you are close.  Hope your friend will get some help and be okay.  I found one of my grief groups very helpful.   

As expected, DD's painting has been postponed again, probably next Tuesday or later.  She said it had turned nice (cooler), so she planned to do some more cooking.

I haven't heard what the psychiatrist said, but hope DGD gets the okay to start in the early childhood education program.  DD said that the jobs are paying better these days, so she might make as much or more changing her profession.

Glad M picked the colors, Barbara.  DD always has definite opinions about paint colors, but it can take me time to figure things out.  And, DH only liked plain white/off white.

Good that you went to knitting and the podiatrist.  Jean texted me that her Alaska trip helped her decide to go ahead with the knee replacement since she had some mobility issues while there.  

I did my grocery shopping, hospice deliveries, and will work on the hospice mailings next.  It isn't too hot here (95 which is below normal), but the humidity is causing me to sweat quite a bit.  Hope we get some rain.

Have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

My good friend doesn't go out much except doctor appointments as she doesn't do well with groups of people. I wish I could help her. Everyone deals differently with grief.

My late uncle only liked white or off white. When we visited them in Florida in 08 or 09 the walls  of their new home were all white except the kitchen where a bluebird on a branch was painted. When the house was built my aunt had somehow persuaded him to agree to that.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hope you get some rain, Linda and there's less humidity.

Lots of added traffic here and chairs are already being set up for the parade.

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon..Syd and I went grocery shopping for a large haul. feeding 4 is more $$ than feeding 2. Lol.

I have nothing else planned..I have to go down to the lower level to check for a couple of items.

Linda..I hope dgds dr gave the ok and dds painting gets done. Do you have any plans to visit her?. Would she ever come tonAz?.

Claudia..losing a parent at any age is difficult. In both of my families my generation is the oldest or those who are very wise.

my life is in stasis...which is good.

stay cool. 🎈🎈

Respected Contributor

Stormy weather was forecast so several events were postponed till tomorrow. So far there's been no storms but the temperature dropped about 10 degrees to the 60's.

We have no weekend plans. Depending on the weather I may mow again.

I'm glad you got the grocery shopping done with Sydnie's help, Barbara.

Of the family left I am the eldest. My sisters are 7 and 8 years younger, 2 cousins 9 and 10 years younger and brother 14 years. 

Griffyn's feet are much better. R is done soaking his foot so I need to put the pad on his heel after I cut it to size.

I have been brushing several of the cats. I discovered Spookit, the long haired rescue, developed a couple mats. I have been trimming them much to her displeasure and using a bit of coconut oil to try to loosen them. Funny thing, no mats on her tail.  Seeing her being brushed, Rusty and Fitz think they should be brushed too.

Have a good evening and sleep well. Linda, I hope you get some rain in your area. Also hope DD and family have a good holiday weekend.