Respected Contributor

Re: Reformed Shopaholics week of June 20

good morning. We had such a good time at amies

,The girls had a lot of fun playing, talking , biking. Kaylie has become a runner so is very thin. She only eats healthy food and Amie s worried that she is too yhin.,Syd s very slender, but she is not thin.,

I see my cardiologist this afternoon.,I am dizzy at times, but it is much better than it was.,

Claudia..yikes about Alf the branches. m has several,trees on her property that drop sticks a lot. How lovely that r was saluted 

Linda..too bad your sil had to make that long trip.Hope dds painting gets started. It sounds like a good idea that your hospice patient is in a better setting. 

Enjoy your day..it is hot and humid here.

🌻🌻

Respected Contributor

I'm glad you had a good time at Amie's, Barbara. Hope the cardiologist appointment went well.

Some more branches on the locust (?) tree need trimmed but I'm not worrying about it for now. It was a hot day here. Griffyn and Tip were rolling in the grass. At least the grass was dry. I don't need a green grass stained Gt. Pyrenees.

I think the painting is starting on your DD's house, Linda. Now if the rain just holds off. I hope the deliveries go well.

Have a good evening.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Evening.  Sorry about all the branches, Claudia.  That was nice that they saluted R when you got on the train.  I always felt so badly for the Vietnam vets like my brother who came home to such a cold reception.  Seems like in recent years they are finally getting some recognition for their sacrifice and service.  Sorry it was a hot day there.  It was pretty hot here, but not nearly as bad as last week.

Good that you had such a nice visit at Amie's, Barbara.  Hopefully, it is just the running that is causing Kaylie to be so thin.  I know that sometimes anorexia and other eating disorders can crop up during the adolescent years.  Also hope your cardiologist appointment went okay.

My deliveries went pretty well -- no mix-ups, etc.  Now, there are three of "our" patients (including the one I visited) at the same care home.  

I plan to do the bereavement mailings soon.  Tomorrow I have my annual physical which usually takes quite a while (lots of waiting around).  

Hope both of you and your husbands have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Goodafternoon. I have returned from running some errands. Sydnie helped with groceries. I misplaced my debit card in the car which she found for me..lol 

My cardiologist is ruling out some issues. I am wearing a holter monitor for 48 hours. I will have an echocardiogram in a week or so. He thought the dizziness might be due to my low blood pressure.. 

Sydnie painted one of the walls out here and she did a great job. Maria did the edging and syd filled in.

I am watching the Derek Vhauvin sentencing. My cardiologist is located in a huge medical center/hospital is 2 blocks from where George Floyd was killed . People were already gathering.

the building collapse in Florida was horrible.Very sad.

Claudia..hope your day is going well.it is warm but not unbearable.Amie is getting a puppy...her Dh wants a hunting dog so they have a Brittany spaniel coming in 5 weeks. Their other dog is a 9;year old beagle, named Roxy. The new puppy is named Martha.

Linda..it looks like the temps are moderating in Az. We just found out that there will be a couple of homes going in across the street from us, after all of there years.,Good luck with your physical. 

enjoy. 😍😍

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon!  Hope you get some answers from the monitors, Barbara.  Nice that Syd helped find your debit card and did a good job with the painting.  Hope M and family like the new dog. 

That is something about two new houses being built after all these years.  I am not sure if I mentioned it, but two formerly vacant lots in my neighborhood had houses built on them.  For years, no one was interested in purchasing the lots since the cost of new construction was high, and they could just buy a new house in another neighborhood.  That seems to be changing both in this neighborhood and the next one over.  The one advantage for me is that the new houses came with new sidewalks so I don't need to walk out in the street or in the dirt these days.  The lots were not right across from me, so my view isn't affected.

I couldn't believe the horrible building collapse in Florida.  Hope that they find more victims alive.  Tragic.  It must have really been something to be in the area where George Floyd was killed during the sentencing, Barbara.

The physical went fine.  I was quite surprised at how fast it went compared to previous years.  I don't think the doctor examined me as much as he had in the past, but we did go over things.  I asked him about the allergies, and he said that I could try other brands of OTC medication, but the one I am taking is okay.  The good news is that he said that my health numbers are fine, and I should just keep doing what I am doing.  

Much to my surprise, when I checked out,  they attempted to set up another physical/visit in six months.  I questioned it, and they changed it for a year.  I don't see going twice a year given my good health.

Nothing exciting with hospice.  DD went with "Army" DGS to the commissary yesterday evening.  This is the last time he can go on base due to his security clearance ending, and they like the meat, etc. there.  That want fine (if expensive), but then she had problems with her freezer.  Very long story short, when she did some cleaning prior to putting in the meat, she must have inadvertently pushed the Sabbath button.  This is designed for Orthodox Jews who are not supposed to work, etc. during the Sabbath.  What a relief that it wasn't a problem.

The painter was there again today, and may come tomorrow or Monday to finish up.

Hope you and R are doing okay today, Claudia.

It is supposed to be pretty hot this weekend (100 plus), but certainly cooler than last week.  And, it should cool down again (with a chance or rain), next week.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

R's urology appointment went okay. The 4 month Lupron shot was on backorder but they had the 6 month. He will still go back in 4 months for lab work and a cystoscope.

Yay for Sydnie finding the debit card, Barbara plus helping with the painting. I hope the monitors give the medical staff some answers.

Linda, it's nice you have the new sidewalks so you don't need to walk in the street. Great your physical went well too. I had never heard of a "Sabbath button" until now.

The building collapse is terrible. So many missing along with the danger to rescuers. Each time I checked the news the numbers had risen.

Adam should be in CO by now for my niece's wedding. He was driving and should have gotten there yesterday. My brother is also flying there.

Tomorrow I hope to attend the Art in the Wilds juried craft show. My spending money is limited but since last year's was cancelled I don't want to miss this one. R mentioned going with me but will probably decide to stay home.

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon..we are expecting rain for the afternoon. M and syd have a high school grad party to attend this afternoon. I am going to do a bit of cleaning for her.

I am so stupid.,I though I had my knitting stuff all organized with needles for each project. Not so....I left them in Az  so I will need to purchase some here.,I do have a discount at the new yarn shop for a number of items.

Linda, the new owners of our community are putting up lots of houses on empty lots. Some are spec houses..I just hope that those around us will be stucco. Most of the homes except for our little area have siding.I hope you enjoy your meditation class.I try to do it daily for maybe 15 minutes.Glad that your physical went well. All of my tests from the cardiologist have been fine.

Claudia..good that rs medical stuff was ok. I get tired of multiple dr visits and I am reaching my limit. Lol hope your day is going well.

Stay cool .I will try to stay dry. 🌨🌨

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good Afternoon!  Hope Adam enjoys the wedding, and you had fun at the craft show, Claudia.  I know you like going to it every year, and missed it last year.  Good that R's appointment went okay.

Sorry you forgot some of your knitting materials, Barbara.  Good that you have a discount at the new yarn shop.  Interesting about the housing in your area.  The developers here went bankrupt (this was back in the early 70's or perhaps late 60's), so there are a variety of homes here -- not many are exactly the same, and vary in age.  This house was built in 1972.  Anyway, I don't think any of the homes have siding, but some (like this one and the two new homes) are stucco, and others are brick.  I prefer the stucco.

I'm sure you get tired of all those medical appointments.  Glad your cardiology results were good.  The mediation group was pretty good, but I am certainly not very good at the practice.  The leader had a discussion before hand, and then we meditated for 30 minutes.  That was way long for me.  Not sure how often I will join the group, but I will consider it next week.

Very quiet here, and the heat is on so to speak.  Some days next week it may only get to the low 90's, which will be nice.  Hope you don't get too much rain.  Unbelievable how hot it is in the Pacific Northwest -- especially since many people don't have AC.  DH's DD who lives in the Bay Area of CA doesn't have AC, and I know it can be pretty miserable when it is hot there.

Hugs,

Linda

ETA -- I guess your cataracts aren't too bad, Barbara?  Hope so.

Respected Contributor

As I suspected R stayed home today. Off I went at 9AM and got there in time to find close parking. The sun was out and the forecast rain never appeared. One of my favorite vendors was there and I picked up a hand loomed vest. She hadn't been there in 2019 and of course 2020 was cancelled. The vendor who creates beaded jewelry was also there. It wasn't easy deciding what to purchase. I picked up a colored glass panel with stakes for the so called garden. In my defense I can say I was left unsupervised. Lol.

My plan of walking through the park and then heading back towards the car and making the various purchases as i went worked. By the time the temperature reached the mid 80's I was on my way home.

I have to say it was nice to go somewhere that wasn't a doctor visit. Of course last week we went to the reenactment too. R's last pt appointment is Tuesday.

Sorry you'll need to replace your knitting needles, Barbara. At least you have a discount.  Hopefully the new homes around you will fit into your little neighborhood well.

Griffyn is enjoying the air conditioning. Me -I just want to take a nap.