Respected Contributor

Reformed Shopaholics week of June 20

it is much cooler here and we are expecting rain, which is much needed. I am doing laundry and then will pack for our short trip to Amies. Sydnie is going with us so the girls will have a good time.

Linda, when I read about yours and zbernies lie milezge, I chuckled.,the Prius is 12 years old and has 180,000 miles on it., my cousin had one with almost 300000 miles before a drunk driver totaled it in his driveway. We do a lot of traveling .!,

we are having a low key celebration for Fathers Day. I bought him a tee shirt that says Papasauras on it with a cute dinosaur and tye little dinosaurs with all of the grand kids names. And he s also getting some See"s chocolates.

Claudia..will be interested in the train trip. Hope rs foot is ok.

Enjoy your day..hope it is cooler there, LindA

🤩🤩

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Reformed Shopaholics week of June 20

Good Afternoon!  That T-shirt sounds very cute, Barbara.  Hope V likes it and the candy.  Glad it is cooler there with a chance of rain.  Still very hot and dry here.  I think there is some possibility of rain this week and slightly cooler temperatures.  But, still hot.  Hope you have fun at Amie's.  Nice that Syd is going along to visit with her cousins.  

Hope R's foot is okay, Claudia.  Like Barbara, I am very interested in your trip.

As you may see on the other thread, I had issues with watering my cactus, etc. out front.  Today was better, but still got wet.  I can't seem to get the nozzle on properly.  

Church was very good -- this was the "contemporary" service, and the piano player/singer was excellent.  Lots of fun.

I haven't accomplished much so far today, but I plan to do an exercise DVD soon plus some more cleaning.  Inspired by Barbara's maxi dress experience, I ordered a D&Co. petite one from EBay, and it came today.  It seems to fit pretty well, and I hope that I will find it nice for my in-home time.  Not something I would wear out, but that is okay.

Happy Father's Day to V and R.  I hope both of you and your husbands have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

P.S. I just got a text from Jean -- problems with storms in the Midwest resulted in delays in Chicago.  They hope to get to Alaska at midnight Alaska time. 

Our pastor had been in El Salvador (his wife's home country), and ran into issues coming back when they suddenly required a COVID test in addition to proof of vaccination.  He said that they literally held the plane for them, and they finally made it home at 9:30 last night.  I hope that I don't have any trouble flying in September if my trip is still on.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

If you bring up Oil Creek and Titusville Railroad on FaceBook and scroll down past about 3 posts there are quite a few photos from yesterday. The first photo is the ticket office. There was a tour group out of Pittsburgh that posted all the pictures.

One of the re-enactors was dressed as a Gestapo officer. Quite an intimidating sight as he strode through the station.

R's foot is a bit better. Tomorrow morning we're off to see the vascular surgeon.

Another steamy hot day here after yesterday's rain.

It's nice Syd is going with you to Amie's. Enjoy the visit.

We went out for brunch at a nearby former train station and has Eggs Benedict.  R smoked a t-bone steak for his supper.

Sorry about the cactus watering, Linda. I'm glad you enjoyed church and it was indoors not out in the heat.

That's a long day for Jean. I hope there are no further travel glitches and she has a wonderful trip.

Respected Contributor

Wind and rain today. After R saw the vascular surgeon he's to keep on with the walking as able) he went to the VA urgent care. Since I couldn't go in with him I drove on to We human's.

The rain hadn't started yet but it sure was windy. The store is located on a hill and the wind nearly knocked me down. I picked up 2 of their peach muffins (seasonal). They are huge so half of one is enough. The rain started as I left the store and it poured.

Once R was done we decided to drive partway home before stopping for a late lunch. R's foot was x-rays. Nothing broken but they confirmed a plantars wart plus plantar fasciitis. Fix one thing and another body part acts up.

It rained here at home but not as much as in the city. I had worried low lying areas of the route home could have flooded but it was fine. The past few years much of the bad weather goes north or south of us.

Barbara, I hope you, V, and Syd had a good drive to Amie's.

It looked like your DD's area would get some of the rainy weather, Linda. Not helpful when painting needs done.

I had difficulty sleeping last night so I hope tonight is better.

Have a good evening.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Evening!  Hope you, V, and Syd had an easy trip to Amie's, Barbara.

I did look at that train ride you took, Claudia.  I think the reenactment might have been a bit too realistic for me, but very interesting.  Glad R made it to the vascular surgeon and had X-rays of his foot.  I don't know if it would be of any help to him, but I found a Dr. Scholl's insert that helped with plantar fasciitis pain, and then I found some Compression Foot Sleeves (SB SOX) on Amazon that I like even better.  I know that pain can make walking difficult at best.

That rain/wind doesn't sound good.  DD didn't mention it, but I know she is trying to be very patient.

I managed to get some things done today, but of course not as much as I would like.  The OLLI class on Hinduism was very good, and the "teacher" (called study group leader) said that they will try to hold one more class next Monday since there is so much material.  I was interested that he said the book "Caste" (not sure if you read it) was an accurate/good description of the practice in India, etc. 

I went swimming again this afternoon.  When I arrived, there was no one else in the pool.  Than a man came and swam hard for about five minutes and left.  Then, one of my favorite pool buddies arrived.  We had a nice chat, and she told me that her older sister (91) is finally in a good assisted living place after going through some nightmare experiences.  A younger couple showed up, and they just moved in next door to my friend.  The lady is a teacher and will be heading the special education department in the small, local school district.  Interesting lady.  As I was leaving, the other couple I saw on Friday showed up.  So, I spent longer at the pool than I planned.

Unless something changes, I will be doing my hospice visit early tomorrow. 

Like you, Claudia, I didn't sleep well last night.  So, I hope to do better tonight.

Hope both of you and your husbands sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

We made it safely to Amies. The girls are having a great time together as they usually do. V ate too much for brunch so he was not feeling well. He loves one very large breakfast at the restsurant we stopped at, but he cannot eat that much anymore.,grrrr.

Amie is always fun to be around. We get our eyes examined this afternoon. My sil is wondering is my cataract has grown enough to cause my vision issues. I hope not..I have enough stuff going on.,

Linnda.I love being at the pool when I have people to talk to. Sorry you did not sleep well last night.I am glad you are enjoying your class. I have read Caste, and it will be my book clubs first book next Fall.,

Claudia..I checked out your train trip on FB and it looked to be excellent, I enjoy well done historical re-enactments.

Poor R ..it is always something. I know from others, plantar fasciitis iscquite painful.Hope you,sleep better tonight.

I was able to walk about 4 blocks around the small downtown area here with my klutzy shoe on. Lol

enjoy your day. 💕💕

Esteemed Contributor

Glad you made it to Amie's and you and the girls are having such a good time, Barbara.  I saw a FB picture of the girls, and they were very cute. 

Good for you with the walking.  That is a shame about V's overeating.  Sometimes in the past I ate too much at buffets and/or parties and it was most uncomfortable.  Good luck with the cataract possibility.  You certainly don't need yet another health issue.

My hospice visit went okay this morning, but my patient was even worse than last week.  She seems to be going downhill fast.  She is getting a hospital bed tomorrow since her bed is too high off the ground for her.  I continue to be amazed at how much food her Caregiver buys for two people -- they certainly do eat well.

As Claudia predicted, DD's area had rain today.  She hopes they will start painting later this week or next.  My SIL was not happy since yesterday he had to drive to an office two hours away (in Virginia), and the contractor who called the meeting just wanted to say hello.  The meeting lasted 15 minutes or so, and then another two hour trip back.  Oh well. 

It is cooler and cloudy here today.  I could feel the difference on my walk this morning.  Still pretty hot with a high of 100 degrees predicted.

DH's DD called -- their family is in Chincoteague, VA after visiting NY.  They wanted to go to the beach, but not a busy beach.  Unfortunately, they are having storms today, but plan to go on a boat trip tomorrow.  After this, they are headed to my/her hometown in Maryland.  The girls are spoiled by CA weather and thought New York was way too hot to eat outdoors.  Needless to say, they melted here in Arizona -- in April when it really wasn't that hot.

Hope you got some rest and R is feeling better, Claudia.

Have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

What lovely photos, Barbara. My how they've all grown. 4 blocks with that clunky boot is an accomplishment. Hope cataract surgery isn't necessary. R has ordered and eaten large plates of food and like V was uncomfortable. He finally seems to have learned to limit what he eats.

R soaked his foot with Epsom salts this afternoon then I cut the medicated pad to size and put it over the wart. After 48 hours it gets changed.

Today was much cooler and there was a breeze. I mowed the backyard before taking the recycling containers out front. Tomorrow Tippy gets groomed.

What a shame your SIL had to make that long drive for no good reason, Linda. I've wanted to go to Chincoteague for years. I hope DH's family have a great time.

The hospital bed should be much better for your hospice patient. I'm glad you can be there to give the caretaker time to do errands.

Btw, I spotted signs at the courthouse that said the county prison was hiring and to apply there. Never have they advertised like that. The local Arbys is only open till 8 pm and is drive thru only due to lack of employees. Sunday I saw that Wendy's was closed.

Have a nice evening.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Evening!  Hope Tippy's grooming went well, and R's foot is better.  I remember soaking my feet and other body parts in Epsom salts a lot as a kid.  My Dad was a big believer in the value of soaking.

I don't know if you saw it on Facebook, Claudia, but Mike (Michele's widower) is staying in the Allegheny National Forest for a couple of nights.  He went to the Walmart parking lot in Warren to get cell coverage.  I'm guessing that isn't too far from you?

Hope you are feeling okay and having a good time at Amie's Barbara.

As you may have read on the other thread, I got wonderful news from the second dentist -- no biopsy needed, etc.  What a relief.  I will be changing dentists for sure.  I really liked the hygienist at the other place, but don't feel comfortable with the dentist.

You may have also read that my hospice patient has already been moved to a care home (same one as the patient I had pre-COVID).  They had an opening, and her caregiver just couldn't take care of her at home any longer.  The coordinator will look for another patient for me.

Bev and I had a great time at lunch.  We both had big salads (I ate every bit) and a cup of ice cream for dessert.  I don't feel stuffed or anything, and I got my second post-COVID hug. 

Also thrilled that we had some rain today.  

Hope both of you and your husbands have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

To get to Wal-Mart he'd be driving within a couple blocks of us, Linda.

Early afternoon Griffyn kept barking. I looked out front and our cable company had a ladder up and was installing new exterior wiring. He said he was also doing other houses on the street. When I went out to pick up Tipperary branches over the driveway hung much lower. In fact they brushed the car as I backed out. I hollered to R not to try to trim then until I got home.

Of course he didn't listen and I came home to lots of branches in the yard and on the sidewalk. He also had a number of scratches on his leg. I hope he doesn't get cellulitis again.

I loaded the branches into the car and made 2 trips to the city's collection point. At least the branches are gone.

A very good idea in my opinion to change dentists, Linda. I'm not surprised your hospice patient needed to be moved to a care home. It sounded like she was rapidly declining. I hope another patient is found as you have a lot to offer. Finally - RAIN in your area!

Saturday when we boarded the train, the re-enactors both Allies and Germans came to attention and saluted R as he boarded. He had one of his military"ball caps" on. This one. showing Arizona Territory Vietnam.