Respected Contributor

Reformed Shopaholics week of June 13

Happy Sunday. We are going back to hot, humid weather with little rain in sight. The forecaster this morning said we are due for a hot dry summer

I start my tooth implant process tomorrow. I  get the root extracted and bone graft put in first. Then I wait for 3 months to have the sc**** put in .I will get the actual crown in December., arghhh.

Sydnie and I are off tomBarnes and Noble to look at actprep books. I have researched so I know what we want

She wants to look at books also. She lives to read.

Hamburgers on the grill for dinner.

Hope your day is going well. 😘😘

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Reformed Shopaholics week of June 13

[ Edited ]

Good Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Barbara.  We have the hot part, but definitely not humid.  I'm sure you have seen the fires burning in Arizona.  Not good.  So far, no fires locally at least.

I learned from DH's experience that teeth implants take quite a bit of time.  Hope the process isn't too painful or expensive.  I keep saying that if I need implants I will go to Mexico since the dentists are quite good and much less expensive.  But, I'm not ready to go there yet -- too much COVID for one thing.

Enjoy Barnes and Noble.  DH absolutely loved bookstores and books, and we had good times there and in other stores. 

Enjoy your hamburgers.  I'm having my lab work for my annual physical tomorrow morning.  I don't know if my high LDL cholesterol levels last June were related to what I had been eating just before the test, but I will not be doing that this time.  Hopefully, it was just a fluke since the re-test showed much lower levels.  I had changed my diet as well.

Hope it isn't too hot there, Claudia, and you, R, and your furbabies are doing okay.  I guess I was lucky to have no big problems giving birth.  My Mom certainly did -- needed Cesareans, transfusions, etc.  I was in the hospital for several days after giving birth since DD had some issues.

Hope both of you and your husbands have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

P.S. Our humidity is 2% at the moment.  Dry heat indeed.

Respected Contributor

Linda..I would not go to Mexico for dentistry for a couple of reasons. My rheumatologist said no because of my auto immune issues. Several people inour community have had bad experiences that cost much bucks to fix.

And I do know many have had a good experience.

I have pretty good dental,insurance, but yes, itis costly.,😘

Respected Contributor

It's been hot here too and humid. 93° earlier. We're under a severe storm warning till 10 pm. Earlier there was quarter sized hail about 12 miles east of us. Tomorrow should be cooler.

I bet you and Sydnie enjoyed Barnes and Noble, Barbara.

Oops. Just remembered R needs to get lab work done. Maybe he can fit it in tomorrow before I take the car to be inspected.  It's a good thing you mentioned your lab work, Linda.

Not much is going on here. I went out and stocked up on clear liquids for R's pre colonoscopy diet.

Respected Contributor

I am back from the first appointment for my implant. My dentist had quite the struggle to get the roots out. At one point the instrument slipped and I got a pretty good hit on the top of my mouth. He said my cheek will be bruised. He is a very good dentist. 

I can not talk a lot today...so I am writing, Syd th8nks it is hilarious. I am also restricted to soft foods and protein drinks until,the weekend..lovely.🤨🤨

Linda..hope you are tolerating the heat.We have the lwc90s for a couple of days ane then some nice weather.

Claudia..I do a liquid diet for 2 days before prep day...that is a tough diet. 

I am going to read and knit and probably take a nap.

Stay cool 👳🏻👳🏻

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon!  Hope your weather is okay today, Claudia, and you were able to get the appointment for R's lab work.  Like Barbara, the last time I had a colonoscopy, I had to be on the liquid diet -- special drink -- for two days.  It was very, very difficult for me.  I am pretty sure that I will need another colonoscopy this Fall.  Not fun.

DH and I used to go to Mexico for our dental work, and found a very good dentist there, but when it became so difficult for DH to walk, etc., I switched to local dentists.  Anyway, he had an implant done, and there were no major issues, but some minor ones.  If I go back, I will use one of the highly-rated dentists right across the border.  Many take dental insurance, but I don't have it.  Hopefully, I won't need an implant any time soon.  Between COVID and delays getting back across the border, etc., etc., I am unwilling to try Mexico any time soon.

Sorry you had the cheek injury today, Barbara.  That is a long time for soft foods, etc.  

They have extended the excessive heat warning until Saturday night, and it may go further.  I am doing okay with the heat, but  only because my AC is working.  I noticed heating/AC vans at several homes during my walk, and I felt sorry for the home owners.

My lab work didn't go at all smoothly this morning, but it least it was done.  Among the low lights was the fact that the technician had trouble getting enough blood out of my left arm, and ended up moving the needle around (painful) and going to my right arm.  Now, I have a sore left arm and those wraps around both arms.  Yikes!

I have my OLLI hinduism  class this afternoon, and I have arranged for a hospice visit tomorrow morning.  The "newcomers" group canceled the brown bag picnic planned for this Wednesday due to the heat -- even in the mountains it was 100 degrees yesterday.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Ouch, Barbara. Sorry about the bruising. I agree with Linda that that's a long time for soft foods.

R got his lab work done first thing this morning. He's had times when they had difficulty finding a vein and moved the needle around.  I'm sorry you had that problem, Linda. I hope you enjoyed your OLLI class this afternoon.

The car inspection, oil change, and tire rotation are done. I'm relieved that's out of the way. One more item crossed off my list.

Those poor households with ac problems. I'm glad you updated your system, Linda. I'm not surprised the brown bag picnic was cancelled.

Today was cooler with some rain about noon.

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon..it is a nice ,coolish day. I am running a bit of a temp,,so I have a blanket on.,My mouth is doing well..what little pain I have is controlled by Tylenol.

M is getting bids to pain the downstairs. We donotbghinkmthe house has been painted n many years.She has high vaulted ceilings so it needs to be done by professionals. I've been researching so can advise her on the bids.

Linda..sorry about yiur blood draw fiasco. I usually have blood draws about every 6 Weeks and sometimes have good experiences. Not very often are they too bad. The weather looks very hot in Az. 

Claudia..I have pretty good arm veins..hands not so much. 
We have our ac/ heat pump checked three times a year to ensure that it is ok.

Pepper has been barking up a storm.The toilet in our bathroom had a major leak yesterday, so her plumber friend replaced it. We are helping her with that expense.

enjoy your day🌼🌼

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Evening!  Glad both of you are having better weather.  It is really too hot here, but the AC is working well.

Glad your car inspection, oil change, and tire rotation are done, Claudia.

Sometimes, I barely feel the blood draws, but not true this time.  I'm not a big fan of needles in any case.

As you may read on the other thread, I was very surprised to get the lab results yesterday evening.  I guess this is the result of the new system, so it isn't all bad.  Anyway, I think my cholesterol is fine, and I didn't see anything else out of the norm.  But, I will wait to hear what the doctor says.

Glad Tylenol is helping with your pain, Barbara.  Poor M with all these house expenses.  Glad you and V were able to help with the toilet, and hope she can find a reasonable and good painter.   DD is still waiting for the exterior painting to be done, but very happy the door is done.

In the middle of my very interesting OLLI class, the dentist office called, and rescheduled my appointment from Friday to this afternoon.  My hospice visit went okay, but I really feel sorry for the patient's husband.  She had worsened in a week.  He has his hands full, and I feel sorry for her since she is pretty frustrated.  He would prefer to go grocery shopping earlier in the day, so I plan to visit earlier next week.

The volunteer coordinator contacted a few of us about taking on an additional client, but apparently the caregiver has changed her mind.  I was not willing to take on a second patient every week, but offered to handle it this week if no one else was available.  Happy that wasn't necessary.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

I'm glad the Tylenol is helping control your pain, Barbara. I hope finds someone to paint. I have several rooms I'd like to have painted - the living room especially. That's waiting on the porches and roof. I do not want to try to paint it ourselves so will look for someone.

I went over the diet requirements with R starting with tomorrow morning. I hope he doesn't forget middle of the night.  I have lots of clear liquids, broth, jello, and yogurt available for him.

Linda, that's great news about the lab results. Its good you can adjust your hospice visits so the husband can get to the store earlier in the day. I hope your dentist appointment went well.

Today was a nice cool day.I found it very welcome after the hot humid days and storms. Of course I need to mow again - it's been less than a week. It's better than shoveling snow though.

Tomorrow evening I'm going to pack some snacks and a drink. Since we leave for the VA at 5 AM no place will be open for me to get breakfast.

Have a good evening.