Respected Contributor

Re: Reformed Shopaholics week of August 29

I just got home..m Made a casserole so I just had to put it in the oven.

V had a pretty good day. He still cannot sit up and we found out the his platelets are very low. They were contacting his dr to see what he wanted to do. He did get himself dressed today. He has tees and gym shorts.

There is now a "yeller" on the floor..a very loud man. So sad...

Sounds as if your roofers got off to a good start, Claudia. I ordered the tsv in dark denim. I need one more pair of full length pants. That brand is the only brand that fits me ok. Linea was the other.

Linda..hope you are having a good day.

Sleep well. I am tired. 🥱🥱

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Evening!  Amazingly enough, I also ordered the TSV in the light (classic?) denim.  So, the three of us were almost run over one day and ordered the same item the next.  How funny.  I have been very pleased with the KG crop pants/capris I have ordered, so I wanted to try the long pants.  I have had a pair of her pedal pushers on my "wishlist" for quite a while, and the price for them is $5 more.  

Sounds like things are going well with the roofers, Claudia.  I'm having lots of trouble with sleeping, and I decided to take Midnite tonight.  I tried a time-release melatonin last night, but it didn't help much.  Now that it isn't getting light until later, I would prefer to "sleep in" later if I can.  In rhe winter, I can sometimes sleep until 7:00, but I can't remember sleeping until 8:00 as an adult except when I was ill.

When my SIL was in the hospital with COVID he needed IV antibiotics, and that was one of the reasons they wouldn't release him for a week or more.  Poor V must have quite a horrible infection to need the treatment for so long, Barbara.  Wonder if the doctor will order an infusion or something for his platelets.  Glad he was able to dress himself.  I hope the "yeller" isn't bothering him too much.  I remember some at DH's place, and they really bothered me.

As you may see on the other thread, my new Ipad came, and I am busy setting it up.  Wish me luck.  

DD said they were having lots of rain with the possibility of flooding, and there was flooding with at least one person dead near where I used to work.  Scary.  

Hope both of you and your husbands have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda 

Esteemed Contributor

Good Evening!  Hope things are improving for V, Barbara.  One of my fellow "caregivers" posted on FB that her husband was back in the hospital with pulmonary embolism in his lung.  He has Alzheimer's and many other conditions, so is very confused.  Very difficult for her.

Hope you are doing okay and taking care of yourself.  Stressful times.

Were the roofers able to work today, Claudia?  The storms were pretty bad in Maryland, but DD said the weather is very nice today -- and cooler.  She was doing some weeding.

Hope you, R, and your furbabies had a nice day.

Before they knew that that they needed to move, oldest DGS and his wife were planning to come down to Maryland for a visit this weekend.  Of course, that is out as is a holiday visit since his work will be very busy -- they are planning to open two more stores in November, and he will need to help set them up.  Anyway, my SIL and DD plan to go to NH to visit later this month or early next month -- taking the female dog and staying at their apartment.  I'm sure they will be happy to have visitors.  

I did my grocery shopping and hospice deliveries today.  Next I need to do the mailings plus some exercise.  Midnite helped some with sleeping last night, so I plan to take it again tonight.

Hope both of you have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

It was cool today but sunny. I think tomorrow will be more of the same.

The roofers finished up by noon. Both the house and the garage are done. Supplies for the base of the porch should be delivered next Friday. They will start the following Monday tearing down the old porch. The decking hasn't arrived yet. Fingers crossed there's no delay.

I'm glad there was no flooding where your DD and family live, Linda. That's great your DD and SIL will be visiting your DGS and wife. If the weather cooperates New England should've lovely.

I am quite tired and plan to head to bed shortly. I will probably take Midnite PM to make sure I don't worry about the decking order arriving timely. I am very good at worrying. Tomorrow I can sleep in until my regular time - if the cats let me.

Barbara, I hope you've been able to rest and V is doing well.

Respected Contributor

I. Just got home from a long day with v.. His pietism were down so I decided to spend a lot of time there. He was in quite a bit of pain, but after a couple of meds, he perked up. He was able to do some PT.

One therapist he does not like yet because the guy is kind f a know it all. He is not young but he is thetype who rubs v the wrong. Way. He spent some time talking at me, until I told to listen to me. I had to state my credentials and he became moooore respectful. Yikes

I told v he had to be very clear with this dude about how he functioned.

Linda, glad dd did not have any storm issues. You will love your iPad.

Claudiia..hope. You get some good rest.

zzzzzzzzzz😴

Esteemed Contributor

That is great about the work completed, Claudia.  Hope supplies are delivered, and you managed to sleep last night.  Jean said it was cold enough in WV that she turned on the heat.  Is it cold there are just cool?  DD didn't mention it being very cold there.  

She was very happy to have passed the course test with flying colors.  The State of Maryland told her to call back on Tuesday to set up the State test.  Unfortunately, DGD's debit card was hacked.  She didn't realize it for a while, but asked Google why they kept charging her.  They told her it was not them, and DD took her to the bank.  It seems like she won't be able to get all the money back, but I think most of it.  Meanwhile, she doesn't have a debit card, so DD paid for some things she needed.  I suggested she get a credit card, and DD said that was probably a good idea.  

I had a "phishing" attempt today, which was pretty sneaky.  I had a phone call from "Apple Care", and I answered it since I had signed up for their insurance.  Some sort of computerized voice said that my Apple ID had been used from several places, and there were charges of $700 plus.  They said to connect to talk to someone about having the charges removed.  I hung up instead.  I looked up the Apple Care number, and that was the same number.  So, I called, and they said that it wasn't them, since Apple would have sent an email not call, etc., etc.  They also said that I did the right thing to hang up.  If I see a call from "them" in the future, I will not answer.  Yikes!

I think R often has medical appointments on Friday.  If that is true today, I hope it went well, Claudia.  Also hope you are having a good day.

Sorry V was having pain and dealing with a therapist like that, Barbara.  Glad you were there to set the guy straight, and I hope V will stand up for himself.  So far, so good with the IPad, but I need to learn a lot more.  

Hope you are taking it easy today, and are not as exhausted.

I finished up the hospice mailings -- no problem.  I have not heard from either of the people who wanted caregiver assistance, and the volunteer coordinator told me one of the patients died.  I'm not having much luck with those jobs.  I went to the gym, and it wasn't crowded.  But, I did wear a mask.

This afternoon I had my hair done.  They are back to requiring masks, which is fine with me.  My hairdresser said that some people are resisting, but when she tells them that she will not cut their hair, they comply.  

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Today started out at 50°. It did make it up to 70°. R went over to the hospital early for hip x-rays. Next Thursday he sees the hip surgeon. Hopefully it's his final appointment. This afternoon was his acupuncture.

Congratulations to your DD, Linda. It's too bad your DGD's card was hacked. As R can tell you it's no fun. Those phishing attacks are getting sneakier. I'm glad you caught on to that one.

It could be that people hold off on calling in hospice. By the time they do the patient may not have much time left.

Barbara, I'm glad perked up after having his meds. Most therapists are great but there's always a few with attitudes.

I see my classmate who had the hip replacement is home. According to her post, the first night in the hospital was spent in the er since no beds were available. Second night was spent in the pediatric unit. Third night there was finally a bed on the regular unit.

The hospital has a number of Covid patients. At least none are on ventilaters. They have gone back to allowing no visitors except in certain cases.

I just had the dogs out before it got dark. I think they wore themselves out chasing and wrestling around the yard. R plans to try to sight in his crossbow tomorrow at his buddy's house.

Have a nice evening.

Respected Contributor

I am very fatigued tonight...this is my life as my infusion time approaches. V had a better day...he found out the therapist from yesterday gets a lot of complaints from residents about his attitude. This morning he pulled the old " you only have 100 days number". V did not even respond lol

Syd danced in the rain last night but she did a beautiful job with her leaps. You can tell she is a trained dancer.

Linda, congrats to dd on passing her tests. And poor dgd with getting her card hacked. I use my debit card a lot and monitor it closely. Too bad about the hospice patients. 

Claudia..hope there was some progress on yiur construction and that the va trip was ok.

Yawn, yawn..my body and mind need a make over 😘🥱

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Evening!  Hope things go okay with R's hip, Claudia.  That is some story about your neighbor.  I heard that some hospitals are overfilled with COVID patients, but I can't imagine it taking three days to get to a regular room.  The interesting thing about the latest hospice patient who died is that I had a visit planned, but his wife canceled since he was doing so much better.  Obviously, things took a turn for the worse in a few weeks.

Sorry you are so fatigued, Barbara.  I think I remember you are not eligible for another infusion for a week or more -- correct?  Try to rest the best that you can.  That therapist is something else.  I'm not surprised that others have complained about him. Glad V was doing better yesterday.

Nothing at all exciting going on here.  It is pretty hot out, but the AC is very nice.  I have done some cooking and the laundry is almost done, but I need to do my exercise DVD, and my weekly financial review.  I have a Walmart pick-up scheduled for Monday, and I keep putting things on and taking them off the list.  I have decided to wait until tomorrow to change it yet again.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Barbara, I'm glad V had a better day. I hope from here on in each day is better. As Linda said, rest as you can.

R spent much of the day sighting in his crossbow. He unfortunately broke a bowstring and is missing an attachment.

Since the weather wasn't too hot I trimmed behind the garage again. It certainly needed it. It's amazing how much grows in 2 weeks or less.

I've been told some patients rally  and seem to improve shortly before death, Linda. I heard today a classmate was admitted to the local hospice house. She has cancer and decided to no longer fight. She had been in assisted living.

Years ago when R was in the er no bed on the regular unit was available. They stuck him in a bed in the hall with a screen around the bed!

We still have several items to remove from the back porch this coming week. The largest item is the grill. Why do I suspect R will expect me to help him move it instead of waiting for the contractor?

Have a nice evening and sleep well.