Respected Contributor

Re: Reformed Shopaholics -- Week of June 6

it is very hot and muggy here..97 when I came back from my rheumatologist at noon.,

Poor..her sprinkling system was not working in the backyard.Thrair guys discovered that the previous owner had cut all of the hoses and the wires to the system. To get it back up and running would be almost 1000 dollars.,yikes.

I still have a suitcase to unpack...then I am pretty well done. 

nithing else to report..stay cool 😎😎🥵

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Evening!  It is 101 degrees here at the moment, but very dry.  I hope your weather is better, Claudia.  That storm sounded horrible.  I can't imagine resting and taking it easy after being almost struck by lightening and having a flooded house.  Hope R can get a podiatrist appointment before September.

That is a shame about M's sprinkler system, Barbara.  I have never had one, but I know sometimes they can cause problems.  I sure wouldn't want to spend that much to have it repaired.  Your weather sounds pretty miserable.  Hope it cools down soon.  

My hairdresser gave me the name of a lady who gives massages and is quite good.  I may just have one someday.

Hope both of you and your husbands have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

It's been another hot day here. At least it was sunny. Podiatry called today. They could have fit him in the afternoon of the 16th. However that's when he starts the prep for the colonoscopy the next day so not a good idea. He's scheduled now for mid July which is better than September.

That's too bad the sprinkler system is pretty much destroyed. I would hesitate to pay that much to have it repaired/replaced, Barbara. I hope it cools down a bit.

Tomorrow morning Griffyn goes to the vet. Tippy will be outraged at being left behind. In the afternoon R has acupuncture.

From the weather maps it appears MD is having more rain. Just what your DD doesn't want, Linda.

I hope you have a good evening.

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon. It remains hot and sticky. We need some storms to cool things down. I finished unpacking and have laundry going.

M's house is pretty cluttered...but it is not my place to say anything, She is under a lot of stress because she now has to work some of her old job until her replacement comes on board in July.,yikes

Linda,mAz looks very hot. One of my friends said it is to be 115 this week. Good that you got your hospice work done.

indont know if I told you but V3s stepson and Gf are expecting a baby boy in the fall. I met the gf and she is very sweet .She has had a tough life. I think I will knit a baby blanket for them

Claudia good that you got rs appt moved up.I have a lot of driving appts this month. I need to figure out what, if anything is going on .I think you have the same heat we have.

enjoy your day. 🥵🥵

Esteemed Contributor

Hope Griffyn's and R's appointments went well, Claudia.  Also hope your weather was better.  You were correct -- raining again in Maryland.  DD said that there were some issues with her gutters, so she is having them cleaned and checked again.  Glad you were able to get an earlier appointment for R.

I'm sure your weather is miserable, Barbara.  It will be very hot here, but maybe not 115 -- they are predicting 110 or so on Sunday and Monday.  The excessive heat warning is for Sunday - Wednesday, and perhaps through next Friday.  June is usually our hottest month, so I guess it isn't too surprising, but I'm not looking forward to it.

Sorry M is under that extra stress due to her old work assignment in addition to the new.  Probably best not to say a word about clutter under the circumstances.  How nice to make a blanket for V3s stepson and girl friend's baby.  One of my friends posted a frightening story on FB about her daughter's delivery.  Her daughter has a girl (not sure of the age, but not tiny), and was having another one.  There were issues, and she had to have an emergency cesarean and hysterectomy.  And, she was in the ICU.  Fortunately, they were able to stabilize her, and she has been moved to a regular room and reunited with her little baby girl.  Whew!  As you can imagine, my friend was super concerned.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

It's a shame M has so much stress. I'm sure she can't wait for July,  Barbara.

I'm sure the baby blanket will be much appreciated.

Griffyn has 2 different pills to take plus a liquid to be put between the foot pads twice daily on the front feet. The pills he'll take but he's not happy about the liquid applied to the feet. Typical Pyr. Acting like it would poison him. Sammy was the same way.

We got home just in time for R's acupuncture. After lunch I started mowing the back yard. It sure was hot. I knew rain was forecast and heard the county moved graduation up by an hour due to the forecast. We did get some rain soon after I finished mowing.

That's too bad about your DD's gutter problems, Linda. I'm very happy with covers we got put on a couple years ago. Out front was our problem. Once the porches and roof are done I may get them out back too.

I'm glad your friend's daughter stabilized. That would be a very scary situation.

The mowing did wipe me out. I think I'll go to bed early. Have a good evening.

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon..the temp has moderated so we have fresh air coming in through the open doors. There is a French door in the family room and we have a nice breeze.

Syd and I went to the grocery store to get the missing items from my online order.Prices here are considerably higher than in Az. M had very little to eat available so I had to do some stocking up. Yikes.

Linda glad yiur friends dd did ok. I had big issues  with my pregnancies that required hospitalizations before the kids were born. I was in fr 4 weeks before amie and about 6 weeks off and on with v3. Of course that is rarely done now.

Claudia, I could not mow a lawn if I wanted to..and I believe that you use a push mower.yikes.

sleep well. 🥰🥰

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Evening!  Hope it is cooler there today, Claudia, and your doggy patient is doing better.  Can't imagine mowing in high heat, but I guess I did it when I lived in Maryland.  I usually tried to mow later in the day when it was cooler, and never used a push mower, however.

Nice that it is cooler there, Barbara.  Definitely not cool here with a high of 110 predicted.  It was 108 when I got back from lunch, and it was before 2:00 p.m.  Dry heat, but heat for sure.

I thought I remembered that you had problems with your pregnancies.  Interestingly enough, my friend lost her first baby, adopted the "girl" who just had the baby, and then was pregnant with twins.  She spent a lot of time at home laying flat and then in the hospital for quite a while.  She lost one of the twins, but gave birth to her second girl about a year later.  I know they don't allow those long hospital stays these days.

Good that you got some food in the house.  I think I remember that M didn't always have a lot of food around.

Yesterday, I went swimming for the first time in a long while, and it was very nice.   There were only seven of us in the pool, and four were floating together on the other side.  Three of us were swimming, but there was plenty of room so we were not in close contact.  

The lunch today was great.  Bev had invited some others as a surprise, so there were eight of us in a private room.  Two of the ladies still have their husbands at home, and are having a hard time.  She also invited the head of the adult day care who was happy to join us.  Bev continues to look very good,  She has some shoulder pain, and is going for PT, but is really quite well. 

One of the ladies husband has become much worse -- Lewy body dementia, hallucinations, paranoia, etc.   She got his guns out of the house and is working on a way to make her cooking knives not accessible to him.  Having weapons and even cooking knives in the house can be a problem when a patient has certain types of dementia. 

I'm way behind on my usual Saturday chores, but trying to catch up without stressing too much.

Hugs,

Linda 

Respected Contributor

I prefer to mow later in the day but if rain is forecast I get out there and do it. What I hate is the uneven ground and it does take me longer than it used to. I got most of the area out front done which is about a third the size of the back area. R was able to get the cordless weed trimmer going.

It's been another hot day here. At least with the push mower I don't have to struggle trying to start the mower. Later on I saw next door was mowing and the mower kept stalling.

With both Whitney and Adam I was in the hospital 5 or so days afterwards and had a couple blood transfusions.

Cutting this short as my hand is cramping on me. Have a good evening.

Grocer prices have gone up lately. It's A good idea to restock the groceries at R's, Barbara.

Linda, I'm glad you enjoyed lunch and were able to go to the pool.