Esteemed Contributor

Reformed Shopaholics -- Week of June 6

Good Afternoon/Evening!  I think you may be going to MN today, Barbara.  Hope it isn't too hot, and you are feeling okay.

Good luck to your brother, Claudia.  Is he looking for work in New York?  Sorry that I can't remember.  I think you said he decided to try a different profession, but I don't remember why he decided to move to New York.

According to what I read, the Urgent Care closed because they were not doing enough business.  The same organization recently opened a small hospital nearby, and I think they want people to go to the ER instead.  Of course, that isn't always a good solution due to cost differences, etc.  But.....  Hope the crop pants fit.

As you may see on the other thread, church went well as did my morning walk and exercise DVD.  I didn't sleep well again last night, so I hope tonight is the charm.

Hope both of you and your husbands have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Re: Reformed Shopaholics -- Week of June 6

It's a mystery to me why my brother opted for NY state with it's higher taxes. Youngest sister said he was checking into the solar industry. At least he's closer to both of us in western NY. Hope he has a snow shovel though. Buffalo can get a lot.

Another very hot day here. The garbage is out front for pickup. I still need to water the plants in the backyard - the 2 young trees and 2 hanging plants. I managed some weeding earlier. Very grateful for air conditioning.

I'm glad church went well, Linda. Third night should be the charm.

The crop pants are actually pedal pushers. I bought Diane Gilmans value of the day on hsn. Wow, they fit. I usually have problems with pants sliding down. These don't. Also there's no front pockets. Too often those stick out on me. These are keepers.

Enjoy the evening.

Respected Contributor

Greetings. We are in Grand Forks at V3s. It is so good to see the kids...they have been taking non stop. We haven't seen them in over a year.

The trip has been great...the mapquest on our phone has not failed us. I feel much much at a lower attitude.lol

my cousin suggested that we use oxygen when we go to the mountains. We saw a lot of devastation from the huge fires they had last year.

and there is a big fire in Arizona. I think it is going to be a tough year for tires,

Interesting about yiur brothers move, Claudia.

Linda..stay cool. It is hot in Az.

enjoy your day. 💕💕

Esteemed Contributor

I think it is hot most everywhere today.  It is "only" supposed to make it to 98 degrees here today, which is only 1 degree hotter than DD's area.  Fortunately, I got out early for my walk and it wasn't too bad.  I can stay indoors with the AC for the rest of the day, thank goodness. 

I had my earth studies class this morning, and it was the best of the three classes.  Amazing information about mud slides, etc. -- including videos.  This afternoon, I have my Hinduism class.  

That is something about your brother, Claudia.  Hope he finds a good job, and can deal with the weather and taxes in New York. 

Very happy the pedal pushers are winners.  I hate it when my pants fall down like that and usually end up donating them after the first or second wearing.  It isn't like I have slim hips or a flat belly or anything, so I think it must be something to do with the fabric.

Great that you are feeling better and having such a good time with your son and family, Barbara.  I have heard that it will be a bad fire year.  

DD's door was installed this morning, and she is thrilled.  Meanwhile, DGD had a very good visit with the new neurologist who has come up with a new diagnosis.  I can't remember the name, but basically it is a bad connection between her brain and body.  This is a pediatric neurologist, but she is eligible to go to her until she is 22, and the doctor said she would not drop her.  Really hope this helps.

The hospice coordinator has found a "job" for me -- providing relief for a caregiver once a week so he can go to the grocery store.  This is one of the patients I have been delivering supplies to, and her caregiver is a very nice man.  Depending on his schedule, I may help out tomorrow.  I have a pretty busy schedule this week, but tomorrow is free.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Have a wonderful time with the grandkids, Barbara. It's great mapquest cooperated. We have trouble with the wooded area in NW PA. I don't know how many times recalculated route or just couldn't get a signal.

It was over 90° today. I didn't spend much time outside. I'm glad your DD finally has her replacement door, Linda. Your she's new diagnosis is interesting. It's good she can still continue with this doctor.

When my brother first moved away he started with American Eagle in TX with avionics. He then transferred to Nashville and after a lay off worked up by Albany, NY in some kind of new solar battery business. When he moved back to Nashville to work for Embraer the year dad died, he ended up with a $4000 raise just from the difference in NY/TN taxes. That's one reason I'm surprised he chose NY state with it's high taxes.

I ended up ordering 2 more pairs of the pedal pushers. With hip measurements close to waist measurements I get tired of pulling pants back up.

That's good the hospice coordinator found a "job" for you. I hope it works out, Linda.

Griffyn has a vet appointment on Friday to check his foot. I need to call back to schedule Ruth's shot. I kept the phone nearby all day. It figures they would call back when I'd gone to the store. R answered and didn't think to inquire about scheduling Rusty.

I hope you slept better last night, Linda.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Evening!  Interesting story about your brother, Claudia.  I know taxes in Arizona are much lower than in Maryland.  When DH and looked in Texas, we found the property taxes were very high.  I can't remember the reason.  Good idea to get more of the pedal pushers that fit so well.

DD said that middle DGS' girlfriend had neck issues so severe that she wanted to go to the hospital.  Hope she will be okay. 

My hospice visit went fine.  The patient has dementia and was pretty confused, but we did okay together.  Her caregiver told me that if she talked at all it was good.  He was only gone to the grocery stores for a little more than an hour, and he bought a whole lot of groceries.  He said he hadn't ever gone hungry and wasn't about to start.  I plan to go back next Tuesday morning unless he changes his mind.

Meanwhile, my dentist office called, and I ended up changing my appointment to the 18th rather than this Friday.  

Bev was setting up lunch on Saturday on the outdoor patio of the restaurant, but changed it to a sort of private room since they are predicting such hot temperatures.  Good idea.

Hope all is going well with you, Barbara.  Those were cute pictures on FB.

I finally slept pretty well last night -- about time.  Hope to do the same tonight.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Great photos on FB, Barbara.

We're having a series of thunderstorms with heavy downpours here.

Half the recycling is out the other half is waiting for the rain to ease up. I have learned to put it out the night before as sometimes they pickup before 7. This time there's more than usual as it's been 3 weeks instead of 2.

Little dog next door has been barking off and on inside. Griffyn feels he has to answer. At least Tippy doesn't get in on the act.

R's urology appointment was changed to later in the month which suits us better.it had been the day prior to his scope test at the VA.

Other than the 2 dogs talking between houses it's been a fairly quiet day.

I'm glad you had a good night's sleep and the hospice visit went well, Linda.

Respected Contributor

We are back in Mn...it was a good trip. V was very sleepy yesterday, so I drove most of the way home..it is only about 5 hours up there with a couple of short stops

We had so much fun with v4 and Vanessa. She is a very funny kid..she has really slimmed out as you can see from the pics. I will post one of the 3 Vyrns today.

My dizziness is ongoing..I have an appointment with my cardiologist in 2 weeks.

It is very hot and humid here. Goday will,be 97 as was yesterday. I much prefer the dry heat innAz.

I was reading Glendas post on the other thread.,we arranged our finality a few years ago. We will be cremated Part of our ashes will be placed in urns with our baby, and tye rest scattered in Az, Colorado and the ocean in Oregon.

Peppdr has lost a couple of pounds so she is back to her "Fighting " weight. 

have a good day.💕

Esteemed Contributor

Hope the dogs weren't barking too much today, Claudia.  DD said that when the contractor was installing the door (she was out with DGD) the two dogs went crazy barking.  My SIL said it was almost impossible to work, so she said she will take them with her next time if they are having work done.  Also hope you and R are feeling okay.

Glad you had such a nice visit, Barbara.  The kids are very cute, and I liked the V's picture.  Sorry you are having the dizziness problem.  I agree with you about the hot and humid versus the hot and dry.  It makes a big difference to me.  Glad Pepper lost some weight.

I have been with Sparkpeople for nearly 13 years after I had gained enough weight that my clothes were feeling tight.  Anyway, I logged my food and exercise, etc., and lost the weight within four months or so, but I have been logging exercise all this time.  Now, they are closing down the site, and starting a new paid service.  Apparently, they were not making enough money through the advertisements.  I am pretty sad that it is going away, but I have decided it is quite enough to keep track of my exercise via my Fitbit.  I don't think I will have to lose any weight in future, but if I do, I'm sure I will find another way to do so.

As you may have seen on the other thread, I had my last meditation class this morning and had my hair cut.  Spent a bunch of time trying to get my log-in for Road Scholar fixed, and just got off the phone with them.  Happy that is fixed.

Middle DGS' gf is okay -- just needed some muscle relaxants.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

I'm glad you're home but sorry you're dealing with dizziness again,Barbara. That's A nice photo of the 3 Vs.

We had thunderstorms and lots of rain this afternoon. A man was nearly struck by lightening (just a couple inches from him) in the town R grew up. He is R's age and at remembers him. Emts responded and advised him to rest and take it easy. His BP was way high and skin was red. Of course how can you rest when you find the front room of your house flooded. Lots of high water elsewhere too.

We discovered Tippy does not like thunder. She wouldn't set foot outside. She's 2 1/2 years and I don't think we've had a loud storm in all that time.

I sent a secure message to podiatry at the VA. They will see if they can get R in before September. It sounds like you don't need Sparkpeoples new paid service, Linda.

That's good that middle DGS' gf is okay. I hope you like your haircut. I was thinking it was about time to have my hair trimmed but I'll wait till after Griffyn's vet visit and the car inspection.

Earlier it was 91° and humid. The storms caused the temperature to drop by almost 20°.

Have a good evening.