Esteemed Contributor

Re: Reformed Shopaholics -- Week of August 15

Driving wasn't easy, but I managed to get the lens to stay in the glasses (not well) and then put my Fitover sunglasses over them as tightly as possible.  As long as I didn't move my head much, I was okay.  Not a fun experience.  I really hope this never happens again.

Honored Contributor

Claudia @chprsp I've had such anxiety with this little bird.  One of the vets called today to tell me about the radiology and lab reports from yesterday.  She mentioned the risk associated with anesthesia so many times I finally said, you know what doctor?  I'm going to be 59 on Monday and have had cats and dogs since I was 7.  They've been neutered, spayed, had dental work, various surgeries and your practice has mentioned death from sedation and anesthesia more to me in the last 4 weeks with Frances than all of the vets combined over 52 years before Frances.  Woman Mad

Surgery is set for this coming Wednesday and I have to take Frances in on Tuesday evening to stay overnight.  I know that Frances needs to be calm and decompressed there before they knock him/her out.  The bird will be in a large space and I am allowed to bring Frances' bed, favorite food and water dishes and linens.  I told Sarah the vet tech that I will bring a dusk to dawn nightlight if they could plug it in since Frances hasn't been in total darkness since June 25th.  Sarah has a one winged grey cheeked conure so she knows all about being a birdmama.

They probably think I'm a nutjob.Woman Very Happy

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Sorry your experience with the vet and Frances hasn't been easy, Bernie.  Really hope the surgery goes well, and neither you or Frances are too traumatized.  Hugs.

Oldest DGS and his wife got the apartment they wanted, and move on September 17th.  It is ridiculously expensive in my opinion, but housing doesn't come cheap in that area.  Hopefully, the move will go smoothly.  I don't think that they have a large amount of furniture, and they are talking about selling or donating some of it that isn't used often (like the dining room table).

Today has been much less stressful for me -- went to the hospice office and Post Office for the bereavement mailings.  And, then I went to the gym.  It wasn't crowded, but I wore a mask the entire time.  I did go a little slower on the elliptical, which seemed to help.  I was concerned that two people at the gym didn't wipe down the equipment -- before or after using it.  That has always been the rule, and with COVID it seems even more important.  

No word on my grandsons COVID tests, but DD thinks that is a good sign that they don't have the virus.  Hope she is right.

How is V doing today, Barbara?  Hope he is better, and you have had a chance to rest and relax now that he has moved to rehab.  

Hope you, R, and your furbabies are doing okay, Claudia.

Nothing exciting planned for the rest of the day -- maybe some cooking.

Have a nice evening everyone and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

No news is good news, Linda. I'm glad eldest grandson and wife got the apartment they wanted. I think rent is high everywhere now and rentals are not easy to find.

I'm glad today was less stressful and the hospice work is finished.

It was hot here today. R had his acupuncture and I went back and forth with Wal-Mart and the veterinary clinic over Griffyn's medication renewal. The vet office has had problems before with this Wal-Mart over renewals. 

We stopped at the banks and got certified/cashiers checks for the contractor tomorrow. We decided to do that instead of personal checks as the funds will be accessible to him quicker. Given R's past problems with his account getting hacked we wanted to avoid any chance of that happening with that much money. 

Bernie, thanks for the explanation about Frances. She is one fortunate bird and you have a good vet tech.

Barbara, I hope today has been less stressful and V is getting settled in to rehab and his new routine.

On the way to the VA clinic we passed an estate sale. I pointed out to R I hadn't even considered going to it or one other sale north of town that looked even better from the photos. I plan to keep putting funds aside in case something more needs done that's not in the porch/roof estimate. Then there's smaller projects. The water heater may need replaced at some point plus the sun porch windows. Always something.

Have a good evening. I'll settle for calm and quiet.

Eta

I don't know why the system changes my font size part way through.

Respected Contributor

Good evening..there are giant thunderstorms heading our way. Movie and syd took Pepper to visit V again.  She was very happy to see him.,

v called me at  6am because he has no idea where he was. He is still delusional at times..it is a process. v3 is on his way and vs brother visited him today.

I really plan on resting tomorrow and a Sunday. 

Linda..glad you got your eyeglass lense fixed. You are very generous with yiur family. 

Bernie. I should call you St. Francis because of your care for animals.

Claudia...my purchases are way down because of v and they will stay that way. 

I am trying hard to take each day as t comes...

Sleep well..I could fall asleep now.😵😵

Respected Contributor

I hope the thunderstorms miss your area, Barbara. V has been through an awful lot so its not too surprising he's delusional at times. I'm glad his brother was able to visit and V3 is on his way.

Rest and take it easy this weekend.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Evening!  The heat is on here, and they are predicting hotter weather this week -- even getting back up to 100 degrees or more.  Pretty normal for this time of the year, but I was enjoying the cooler weather.  

Hope there were no problems with the storms, and you are resting, Barbara.  Glad V's brother visited and V3 is there.  I hope V is doing better.  What a difficult experience.  I was wondering if you will need to change some of your appointments in Arizona since you won't be coming back as early as planned.  Hope that isn't a problem.

Yesterday, I talked to one of my friends who is in California with her daughter.  She had a bunch of dental work done plus had some skin cancer treatments, and planned to return here next month or October.  But, more dental problems that can't wait, so she probably will not return until November or so.

Good idea to get the cashiers checks rather than writing the personal ones, Claudia.  It should make it easier for the contractor.  I guess we are all not spending as much on non-essentials these days.  Wise to keep money aside in case of other expenses.  Hope you, R, and your furbabies are doing okay today.

I am on a roll with finding things to donate/trash from my closet.  But, still much more to do.  Quiet day here, which is fine.

Hope both of you have a nice evening and sleep well.  

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

It was hot here too - 92° when I mowed in back this afternoon. I hope to mow out front tomorrow.

We made the drive out with no problem and dropped the payment off. Now we wait to hear when the materials will be arriving. The Amish contractor's 2 young children joined him outside when we got there.

I need to finish filling my donation bag, Linda. The sooner it's out of the house the better. No second thoughts allowed. Hoping for a quiet evening.

I hope V is feeling stronger and you are getting some rest, Barbara.