Respected Contributor

Re: Reformed Shopaholics Easter week April4

The drug store doing today's vaccines was well organized both times. It was by appointment only at the local senior center.  Actually I was in and out by my scheduled time. No walk-ins allowed. It was 77° this afternoon. I took the air conditioner cover off.

I have a bit of a headache and felt nauseous briefly.

It's a good idea for your DD to sit in on your SIL's appointment. I do that on a regular basis. Also an excellent idea to set up a work history. She is a beautiful woman.

I thought the puppy was close to a year. It's a sad situation.

Enjoy that newly paved street. Too bad the Hemingway documentary wasn't that interesting.

I didn't get as much done today but then I expected it. I plan to take it easy tomorrow too.

R called several contractors today. Hopefully well get some estimates in the next week or so.

Barbara, I hope you had a good day.

I plan to go to bed early tonight.

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon. V took me to my iron infusion which took a bit longer..and the we went to our fave Mexican restaurant and had late lunch/early dinner . We ate outside in the shade. Although it was 90, there was a nice breeze.

Linda, glad yiur side effects are not too bad. I expected mine to be what they were because of my suppressed immune system. That is sad about the puppy. Pepper breeder told them only to buy from an Akc registered breeder or a rescue dog from a shelter that provides healthy animals. I know there are a lot of fly by night breeders. 

Your dd is quite lovely. I took belly dancing classes gor a while and loved it.

our vaccinations were so well managed..I am happy that we were able to do them that way.

I studied Hemingway extensively in my undergrad work. My advisor was considered to be an expert.

Claudia..hope you find a contractor. We have been fortunate that the ones we hired had a good work ethic.

sleep well..get over those side effects quickly.

😎😎

Esteemed Contributor

The ladies who moved to Michigan had a Zoom party this afternoon to celebrate one year of them giving on-line concerts every Tuesday.  It was fun, and they said they might have another party sometime. 

I had my dinner -- not nauseous like you, Claudia, but my appetite was diminished.  Then, I wasn't feeling great and took another short nap after dinner.  When I got up, I wanted to respond to an e-mail invitation.  But, I discovered I just couldn't see the screen.  I started to panic until I discovered the right lens of my eyeglasses had fallen out.  Since I do most of my reading with my right eye (due to lazy eye on my left), it is no wonder that I couldn't read much.  Thank goodness, I have an old pair of glasses.  I will take my "new" ones in tomorrow or Friday for repair.  What a relief.

Respected Contributor

Linda, I can imagine your panic when you couldn't see the screen. It was a feeling of relief to find the lens had popped out. I hope its fixed now.

I felt fine this morning except for a bit of a headache. However when I went out to get milk and R's soda it worsened so I headed home and did all the small necessary chores. I think I will just have toast with butter and go to bed.

It was nearly 90° this afternoon.

Barbara, I'm glad you had the iron infusion and then a late lunch/early dinner yesterday.

Respected Contributor

it remains hot...92.  I went to pt and did all of my stretches sitting up. I stipp have some issues when I lay on my back. 
Today  I am dizzy from the iron infusion. Next time, I will be put on a pump and ha ve more fluids.

Sorry you are both having first infusion reactions. I think this is the first for you both. My first was fine..the 2nd not so mych.

I actually went into a store today. I had things to return from an online order. I had a 30% off coupon plus Kohl's cash, so I picked up a cute skort and lightweight frenc ph terry top for $14 total. I do not shop there often except for underwear and Jammies but these were well made, 

I am going to walk the sidewalks here slowly . Thar is part of my therapy...my therapist said to use a walker for a while and hopefully by summer I can just use a cane. 

hope you feel better..usually in 2 days, all is good. 

🌵🌵🌵💕💕

Esteemed Contributor

Sorry you had a reaction, Claudia.  Sounds similar to what I felt yesterday -- okay in the morning, and then downhill.  Today, I'm fine, thank goodness.  I did have my glasses repaired, and it was a simple fix according to the man who did the job. Whew!

It must have been exciting to go into a regular store, Barbara.  Glad you found a cute outfit at such a reasonable price.  Sorry you had some dizziness issues again, and I hope PT and walking go well. 

It was the second vaccine for both Claudia and me.  I've been hearing that there are less reactions to the single J&J shot, but I just wanted to get the vaccine.

According to the volunteer hospice coordinator, we may be allow to do in-person visits soon if we have our vaccines and the people want visits.  It may not happen until two weeks after my vaccine, and I'm just not sure if I will be ready even then.  Fortunately, they have other volunteers if I am not ready for a while.  

It is hot here, but "only" 89 for the high.  

Hope both of you have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

P.S. Did you read the "Paris Wife", Barbara?  I think that book was part of the reason I was turned off about Hemingway.  I know that there are those who say that "genius" is an excuse for all sorts of bad behavior, but I have a difficult time with it.  

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon..another hot day. I have little dizzy spells going on,..not bad. My iron infusion nurse thinks,mit may be the iron. ,I may or may not go to the pool.

nothing exciting going on.

Linda, glad you are feeling better...when I am outside, at the pool or mailbox, I do not wear a mask.  I do in enclosed places. I did read "Paris Wife". It was a good book,,very reflective of the times. 

Claudia, hope yiu are feeling much better.m had her first dose yesterday .,she did not feel well last night but is fine today. 

enjoy the rest of the day.🌵🌵💕💕

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Evening!  Sounds like the iron infusion is related to your dizzy spells, Barbara.  At one time, my friend Bev mentioned that she never even went to her mailbox without a mask.  I thought that was extreme -- you could always walk back toward the house if someone was walking by.  But we all need to figure out our "comfort level".  I'm starting to wonder if I will ever feel as free to mingle as I used to.  Hopefully, I will.

Glad M got her first shot, and is feeling fine now.  I'm fine again today, so I think the adverse effects were probably just a one-day thing.  

Poor DD didn't pass the final exam for her course.  She got up at 4:30 a.m. and took the test.  She found it difficult, but when we talked early in the day, she didn't know the outcome.  She didn't fail by a lot, but she failed.  And, like Syd's driver teacher, her teacher said that if you don't pass the final, you probably will not pass the certification test.  She is taking that next Saturday and I'm proud that she is not too discouraged.  What happens, happens. 

I heard more about her possible volunteer job, and it sounds like it would be a good fit for her -- working in the office plus visiting senior centers, etc.  They are doing a background check on her, and will get back to her when that is complete.  Meanwhile, she has applied for a hospice volunteer job, and that orientation (?) starts next month.  She really wants to do the hospice work, but may be able to do both.  

Oldest DGS and his wife have found a new place of interest -- their landlord wants to sell the house where they are living.  The new townhouse is considerably more expensive, but the location is much better.  They live out in the country -- not close to either of their jobs.  Plus, not close to any stores or restaurants.  It takes 30 minutes to get to a pizza place and 30 minutes home.  By then, the pizza is cold.  Not fun.

I am trying to rearrange the furniture a little so that they can bring the washer in with no problems tomorrow.  Very excited.   Really haven't accomplished all that much today, but have done some things I planned and hope to do more.  

Hope you and R are feeling okay today, Claudia, and both of you and your husbands have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

P.S. Thanks for your nice comments about DD.  We went through some rough times when she was growing up, but now are very close and happy much of the time.

Respected Contributor

Today is an improvement. No headache and the arm is hardly aching at all.

I'm sorry about the bouts of dizziness, Barbara and am glad M is feeling better.

That's good your DD is not discouraged by the teacher, Linda. Given the instructor's inadequacy I wouldn't put stock in her opinion. As you said what happens, happens.

Enjoy that new washer.

It's about 15° cooler today. We have a brush fire that turned into a wildfire in a rural area. It spread into the national forest and had burned about 100 acres. Luckily no homes burned. Last I heard it was about 15% contained.

I gave up and went to bed about 8 pm last night and slept until near 7 this morning.

Respected Contributor

I am having a lazy day..with the cleaning service coming, I do not to clean as deeply as I have. The bathrooms get cleaned frequently and I do the floor a couple of times a week. I am letting them do the dusting, because with the house closed up , there is not much dust.

I am rather dizzy today if I move wrong..as long as my head is vertical I am ok..lol..😬😬

Linda..too bad dd failed the final,but I would blame it on the poor instruction. Her volunteer jobs sound interesting..I wish her luck, yiu know, we had a very Rocky time with m when she was younger. She told us in the past year, that if we had not been there for her, she would probably be dead.,Hope dgs and wife find a good place to live.

Claudia, sounds like you got some needed sleep.I require a lot of sleep..9 or 10:hours is best for me...I rarely get 10

have a good Saturday,lLunda, how is the dryer???🐸🐸🌈🌈🍀🍀