Respected Contributor

Reformed Shopaholics Easter week April4

Happy Easter to you both. My big excitement this morning was finding that the asparagus was not in my pickup order. So I made a quick trip to get some. Dinner is ham, scalloped potatoes and asparagus.

It may reach 100 today. I went to the pool,at 4 yesterday during kid time, but it was good.  Children do not bother me.,

Linda..as you know dgd has to decide that she wants to lose weight. Yiur dd has been successful and is an excellent role model. It sounds like she (dd) is handling it well. Your Christmas, now Easter cactus is quite lovely.

I have ordered a few lovely yarn kits to make shawls and cowls. Next week I have to make sure I have the correct pattern with the yarn. I have gotten things mixed up I. The past. It was quite messy..

Claudia.I am sure Gryff wil go nuts with the trampoline. Pepper is quite hippy , but m has the front blinds closed so she cannot see anything. Houses with stairs can be difficult. I think we are going to have to put in a stair lift at ms down the road. 

I hope yiu both have a good day. Easter always brings back good memories for me..chocolate bunnies and eggs, jelly beans, colored eggs, egg hunts, baskets , new dress and shoes and hat etc. 

🐰🐰🐣🐣

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Reformed Shopaholics Easter week April4

Good Afternoon/Evening!  That trampoline sounds like trouble, Claudia.  One of my neighbors had one in her back yard, and it was weird seeing people jumping up and down.  I don't remember my little dog being upset, but she barked a lot for every little thing.

Interesting about Adam's house requirements.  My first house was small -- single story with an attic and the tiniest of basements (not suitable for anything).  So, when my ex and I looked for another house, I really wanted a "Colonial style", which we purchased.  The laundry was on the main level, but the bedrooms were upstairs, and our little dog (pretty old at the time), had trouble with the stairs.  Literally tumbled down the whole flight of stairs one time.  That was frightening.

I adore asparagus, Barbara.  Glad you were able to get some for your dinner.  What is for dessert?  I usually made a special dessert of some sort, and decided to make some lemon cookies this year.  Not Easter at all, except for the lemon part which I associate with Easter.

I have pretty fond memories of Easter as well.  I didn't like eggs, so that part wasn't good, but I sure liked the chocolate candy, jelly beans, new clothes, shoes, and hats, etc.  

Hope you like the yarn kits and enjoy making the shawls and cowls.  

It is hot here, but not as hot as there.  Today, the neighborhood bulletin board was full of information about the Walmart closure.  Apparently, quite a few (reportedly 30 plus) of the employees tested positive for COVID.  Hopefully, they will have mild cases.  

DD said that oldest DGS and wife's visit was very busy.  Apparently, she was not feeling very well (had her period), and didn't dress up or anything.  DD and DGD did, and my SIL took some nice pictures.  DD looks wonderful.  I can see that DGD does need to lose weight He also took a couple of pictures of middle DGS and his girlfriend, and she is cute.  They have identified another apartment to rent.  

Hope both of you and your husbands have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

We had a nice sunny day. Warm (for us) in the high 60's. The trampoline has been moved to the center of the neighbor's yard beside the swing set.

Adam mentioned during his phone call that he cooks quite often using asparagus. Growing up he hated it as did his sister.

I worked several hours upstairs. I overdid it a bit with trips to the attic and moving things around. I'll be glad to have fewer trips to the attic. At least I made some progress there plus got the bag of mulch out front. I think I'll need another bag. Boy those bags are heavy. I still need to bring the laundry up from the basement.

I'm glad your SIL got some good pictures, Linda.

We had a simple supper tonight. No dessert.

I liked the new dress and shoes at Easter but was not enthusiastic about hats and gloves. Hated that elastic band under the chin.

Enjoy the yarn kits you ordered, Barbara. Good thing you quickly discovered t

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon. I had an attack of vertigo at pt this morning..actually twice. When ever I laid on my back, I was very dizzy when I sat up. A nurse from the clinic came and checked my bp , which was low. I was able to drive home. I am in my recliner and am fine as long as I do not move. Iwillmuse my walker when I get up. I haven't had vertigo for years.

My dinner was good...My friend brought dessert..a lemon cake.

M thinks all of the blessings and holy water are riling up whatever is in the house. I ended up praying with her last night and am sending some crosses there for her yo hang. V thinks it is crazy...I am not sure but prayer does not hurt.

our internet is in and out so I am going to post.

🌵🌻🌵

Esteemed Contributor

Good Evening!  Glad the trampoline was moved, Claudia.  I forgot all about the elastic on the hats.  I wear a sunhat almost every day when I take my walks.  It is large, and has ties for under the chin.  I thought it looked "dorky" but found we often have enough wind to blow off a hat.  

DD is usually not big on desserts, Claudia.  But, if possible, I always have some sort of dessert -- fruit and maybe a cookie or something more.  Of course, when I go out or am on a trip, that isn't always possible.  Many restaurants don't have fresh fruit, and the desserts can be disappointing plus expensive.  I have been known to buy a pack of cookies or some fruit to have when I get back to my room. 

That is funny about the asparagus.  DD hated asparagus as a kid.  Not sure if she eats it now -- maybe not.  

I didn't sleep well last night.  I was tired, but woke up around 2:30 with knee pain, etc.  Tried reading and used some topical medicine on my knee, but only got back to sleep after taking a Midnite pill.  I wasn't happy when the alarm went off this morning.  

Hope to watch at least part of the Hemingway program this evening, but probably not much since it is two hours and starts at 9:00 p.m. here.

Very sorry about your vertigo problem, Barbara.  I had that issue when I was younger and my blood pressure was lower.  And, when I had my accident in 2014, it was a huge problem.  For example, having my bone density test (lying down and having to get up), and even at the hairdressers or dentist when I have to put my head back.  I'm better, but try to get up slowly to avoid falls.

Hope things will improve for M soon. My thinking is more like V's, but prayer often helps me. 

I have the form ready for my COVID vaccine tomorrow, and I'm really looking forward to having it done.  Fingers crossed I don't have bad adverse reactions.  

They are predicting cooler temperatures starting tomorrow -- 80's rather than the 90's, and I won't be sad to go back to more normal temperatures.  I'm sure we will have plenty of very hot weather later this spring/summer.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Thinking about it, I never was fond of hats. I remember back in grade school as my bf and I turned the corner from the house (walking to school) hearing my mother shout out the den window "put that hat back on". I had numerous ear infections in grade school so she had good reason to want me to keep a hat on but we were sure she had to be a witch to know I'd just taken that hat off. Lol.

Sorry about the dizziness, Barbara. I'm glad you're keeping the walker close by. Has M researched any of the history of the house? A coworkers young gd kept seeing a little girl in a house her family bought. Upon talking with neighbors it turned out a child that previously lived there was hit by a car. 

My 2nd vaccine is Wednesday, Linda. I only had a sore arm from the first one. I've heard to drink lots of water before getting the vaccine and to move your arms after the shot.

I hope you sleep better tonight.

Unfortunately the new location of the trampoline is even more in the open. I try to check first before letting Griffyn out. Tippy doesn't seem to be bothered by kids bouncing up and down on it.

Fingers crossed the first contractor shows up tomorrow. 

The Hemingway program sounds interesting but I know I won't stay up. Besides R is watching a Netflix series about drug cartels. Too much violence for me.

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon..I feel fine today so that was an anomaly yesterday. I plan on going to the pool later. 

We found someone to paint our front door. He is a resident who has done a lot of painting in his life. The sprayer is going back.

v is finalizing the tax stuff. For the first time in gorever, we are getting a nice return. That will go towards the new car we plan n getting later in the summer.

Linda..that is a very nice pic of yiur dd...she looks good and all of her work has paid off. I hope you do not have any side effects. I was down for a couple of days.Tylenol was my friend.But, it was such a relief to vpbe fully vaccinated.

re:desserts, we rarely have anything sweet.Right now, there is some pineapple. Lol I may get some ice cream on the next grocery order.

Claudia..hope gryff can adjust to the trampoline. Pepper did not like one set of next door neighbors and would become very vocal if theyvwere out. They were the ones with the screaming kids..lol.

enjoy your day.🌵🌵🌵🥰

Esteemed Contributor

Funny story about hats, Claudia.  I wasn't a fan of hats as a kid, but I didn't have the courage to take mine off.  I also had bad ear infections for years.  Although I don't like the look, I think they can help with the sun or the wind (depending on the season).

I didn't realize the trampoline was in even a worse place.  Hope the contractor showed up.

Very happy you aren't dizzy today, Barbara.  Enjoy the pool.  Glad you and V are getting a nice refund that you can use toward a new car.

DD isn't on FB, and I asked permission before posting her picture.  She said it was okay as long as I didn't put up her name or "tag" her.  

Unfortunately, oldest DGS and his wife got very bad news about their little dog from the veterinary neurologist.  He has hydrocephalus, and is not expected to live very long.  The only possible treatment was to put in a stint, but given his very small size plus other problems (kidneys?), the vet didn't recommend it.  Not sure about his wife, but DGS is prepared to have him put down if it turns out he is in pain.  His wife really wants to get pregnant, and he said if they aren't successful before the dog dies, he will rush to get another dog.  He is leaning toward a Boston terrier.

I don't know if you saw the story on the news, but the shooting in Maryland was very close to the community college.  Fortunately, middle GS' girlfriend who works there was off today.  But, the receptionist at his work came in shaking because the shooter attempted to carjack her.  She lives on the base with her husband, and DGS took her home.  What trauma.  (That is the base where DGS goes to the commissary, and he still has his ID, which was good.)

My second vaccine didn't go nearly as smoothly as the first since the pharmacy was closed until 2:00 for lunch, and I got there early for my 2:15 appointment.  Meanwhile, the line for the vaccine check-in got longer and longer.  There were arguments over placement in line (after I checked in, thank goodness), and then the pharmacist took quite a number of check-ins before giving the shot. 

The good part is that I got the shot, and they didn't work much on my street today.  So, I was able to drive there.  So far, so good, but I am prepared for possible issues.  Very relieved to get the second vaccine.  Hope your appointment goes well tomorrow, Claudia.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

That's sad news about DGS and wife's dog, Linda. If he gets another puppy im sure he will be asking questions about the background. Of course some problems  happen suddenly like GN and his myasthenia gravis.Scary about that shooting. I'm glad middle DGS was able to drive the receptionist home.

Well the contractor was a no show. I messaged him and he said he stopped but no one was home. One of us was home all day. He hasn't got back to me about rescheduling so it may be on to the next. Who would have thought it would be so difficult to schedule.

I'm glad you are feeling much better, Barbara. Nice that you are getting a refund especially since you know what it will go towards.

I got quite a bit of work done upstairs today.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Evening!  Glad you got a lot done yesterday, Claudia.  I hope you are able to set up an appointment with a contractor, and the job gets done soon.

It is nice here, and I'm thrilled with the newly paved street.  They are doing a wonderful job.

I am having some issues with tiredness from the vaccine, but so far, Tylenol and short rests have helped. 

As you may see on the other thread, the other lady who had her vaccine yesterday (different Walgreens) said that it was really disorganized, etc.  Neither of us had that problem with the first shot.

Hope you are having a good day, Barbara.  DD said she was planning to sit in on my SIL's doctor's appointment today (via telemedicine) because he would not tell them his issues.  They took him off several medications, and it has not gone well.  Sounds familiar.

I asked, and the puppy is just a little over a year old.  He has had health issues from day one, so I'm sure they will be more careful next time.  DGS's wife posted on FB that they will enjoy whatever time he has left.

DD signed up for a belly dancing class with a local dance studio.  They have small classes and allow 8 feet between the participants and masks.  DD isn't ready to try the gym yet (and I don't blame her.)  She was able to see the comments on FB about her picture (used my SIL's account), and she was very happy.  Tomorrow, she goes for an interview for a volunteer job.  She decided she wanted to establish a work history to help getting a paying job someday.

Hugs,

Linda

P.S. Can't say that I find the Hemingway documentary that interesting.  Of course, it is on later in the evening.  But, I guess I'm just not all that interested in the subject.