Respected Contributor

Reformed SHOPAHOLICs week of April 11

it is a warm, sunny day. The pool is pretty crowded on the weekends so intend to stay away. I am a little dizzy, so prefer not to sit in the soon.

Dinnef is split pea soup, made with the ham bone left over last week.,it tastes good...will share it with our friends.

I am on the final,reorganization of my knitting..now need to label,the needles..I have many and want to put them in bagels by size.

Linda..how did the dryer work?  Did you order the flexibelle pedal,pusher..if you look at last weeks pot , I did comment on them.

Syd is having a bonfire with a few friends this afternoon.

Claudia..hope you are doING WELL. 

have a good day. 🌞🌞

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Reformed SHOPAHOLICs week of April 11

Good Afternoon/Evening!  Split pea soup sounds good, Barbara.  For lunch today I had a bowl of vegetable soup that I had made and put in the freezer.

Don't blame you for not wanting to go to a crowded pool.  Even when there was no COVID problem, I didn't enjoy going to the pool if it was too crowded.  Mainly because I like to swim, but others like to stand and chat and/or walk across the pool which makes swimming in a lap difficult.   Also, I like picking my lane (usually in the shade when it is so hot.)

It is actually a washer, not a dryer.  I like it, but I am not totally familiar with all the features.  While I read the short version of the owners manual, I think I need to look at the longer version.

Good idea to separate your knitting needles by size.  

I had not seen your comment regarding the Kim Gravel crops, but went back to read them.  Sounds good.  After much debate, I decided to order some capris on Ebay rather than the pedal pushers here.  The price (they are new) was less than half plus no S&H.  If I really like them, I can always order the pedal pushers later.  

Hope you got the shower head installed, Claudia.  I have had quite a time with shower heads.  To be honest, I rarely took a shower (took baths) before we moved here, but they are better in the very hot weather.  I still take baths several times a week, but showers more often.  Sometimes more than one shower per day. 

That is a funny story about the bookcase. It sounds like a very nice piece of furniture.  As I mentioned on the other thread, I thought yesterday's TSV was cute, and I hope you like it when it arrives.  

I think my Walmart pick-up order should be ready pretty soon.  While I did enjoy going into the store, there is something nice about having someone else do all the legwork for me -- lazy girl.

Hope both of you and your husbands have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Nothing but showers here. We had the clawfoot tub taken out last year. When it came down to a step in shower vs. tub and shower we decided on the best choice for us living here.  I've showered since shattering that femur years ago. Miss the baths but not the worry of being  unable to get up and out. 

The wind has picked up this evening. We had bits of rain off and on. The wildfire apparently is out.

R got the new showerhead installed with no problems.

Enjoy your split pea and ham soup, Barbara. Good decision to avoid the crowded pool.

I hope the Kim Gravel capris are a good fit, Linda. The pricing on Ebay can't be beat when you want to try something.

Have a good evening and sleep well.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Evening!  My day was going so well until I received a letter from the Arizona tax collectors saying that our 2017 Arizona State returns were being audited. 

Needless to say, I was rummaging around to find the returns and back-up forms/information for quite a while.  They wanted documents to support our charitable donations (really not that much $, and I had many receipts) plus the medical/dental expenses.  DH was in memory care that whole year, and that was the major expense in that category.  I did have a receipt.

I was busy preparing a response, and decided to call the accountant who prepared our taxes that year.  Very relieved to hear that they will take care of things for me.  I just need to give them a power of attorney.  Since I already had made copies of many of the documents, I will take them when I go tomorrow to fill out the forms, etc.  I will need to sit in the car, and they will bring things to me.  

The irony is that we had to pay both Federal and State taxes that year, and also paid estimated taxes on top of our withholding.   At least one of my Caregiver friends was audited a couple of years ago, but I think hers was just for a previous year -- not three or four years prior.

Oh well.....  I'm thinking that I might have next year's taxes prepared by the CPA again.  My taxes are not complicated, but I don't want to have to deal with an audit on my own, if possible.

Other than that nasty shock, it has been a good day.  I am trying a new vegan recipe tonight.  Hope it turns out okay.  I have never made tempeh before.

The group of church ladies is meeting in person (outdoors) tomorrow morning, but they are not trying to do Zoom this time.  I'm disappointed, but it will give me plenty of time to get to the CPA.

DD said she and my SIL did an amazing amount of de-cluttering over the weekend (she is really good at that job). 

She is planning to take the medical billing and coding certification test next Saturday, and is still doing some studying.  But, she has cut back since it was very difficult to study for eight or more hours per day every day.  And, then to fail the final.  She found that the others in the class failed, and she had the highest mark (despite failing), which doesn't surprise me.

I completely understand your concern about getting out of the bathtub, Claudia.  I will never forget when that happened with DH, and I needed to call the rescue squad to get him out.  Bathtubs can be dangerous.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

What a nasty surprise, Linda. However you've got the documentation and the accountant firm (sigh of relief) will handle it. Great idea to contact your accountant.  I'm not at all surprised your DD scored highest in her class.

When we had the tub I always had the phone nearby plus pajamas. The I love Lucy episode when her toe was stuck in the tub faucet obviously made an impression on me. I remember my aunt calling dad several times to get my grandfather out of the tub. The new shower head with handheld attachment works great.

I got my hair trimmed today. Looked in the mirror this morning and said "Yikes". I stopped by to schedule and they just had had a no show.

R's muzzleloader buddy told R he just put a metal roof on his house. He told R it was ivy in color but looked green. I told R " that's because ivy is green". 

R's pawpaw seedlings survived winter in the garage. I pulled the pots to in front of the garage. They'll get sun but not too much.

Fingers crossed your shower curtain rod stays up.

Barbara, I hope you had a pretty good day.

Respected Contributor

the day has slipped away from..I was gone most of the morning for pt and running some errands  it was so lovely today that I was at the pool for quite a while.

my dizziness is pretty non existent today. I was able to do my tricky balance things at pt with no problem .I will see what happens after y infusion on Wednesday.

LindA, I think I told you that m got audited and unfortunately had to pay several,thousand dollars that she did not have. Fingers crossed that you do not. Enjoy your get together tomorrow. 

I think Minneapolis is about to blow up ..there was another police shooting of a black man in a suburb close to us.

Claudia , I gave up in bath tubs several years ago. At least I can get in and out of the pool.lol. green roof..yikes.

Sleep well. 😴😴

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon.itis only 88 out and very nice with a breeze. I will probably go to the pool. With a lot of the winter visitors gone, it is not very crowded. 

I picked up the paint for the front door...need to call the guy who is going to paint for us.

Good news, sydnie passed driving test so she is very happy. And m is moving to a new position.The director is a former boss of hers and brought her to her department as soon as there was an opening.She will be doing the same ting,,roster manager, but on a national level, rather than regional. 

that is my news..very little dizziness today, 

🌵🌵🌞

Respected Contributor

One of the contractors we contacted showed up late morning to do an estimate. I was getting the mail when they walked up to the house. Another is scheduled for Thursday at 6. Fingers crossed the estimates are ok.

Barbara, that's great news from M and Sydnie. Even better is less dizziness today.

Today is warmer. Almost 70° this afternoon. I worked on unpacking spring and summer clothes and packing up the heavier clothes. One more bin is done and one to go. While I was working upstairs I put Rusty, our orange tabby in with little Nugget and Widget. They started out shifting each other. An hour later I went back to find Nugget and Widget on their favorite perches staring at Rusty. He had gathered up their toys and piled the toys in front of him.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Evening!  Glad you were able to get your hair trimmed yesterday, Claudia.  Your furbabies certainly keep you entertained.  Funny story about the green roof.  Good luck with the contractors.

That is wonderful about Syd passing her driver's test and M getting a new job, Barbara.  It is cooler here, but should make it up to 86 today.   It is also a bit windy.  I think I am noticing the departure of some of our winter visitors.  Mostly, the parking lots are less crowded.   Very happy you aren't as dizzy.

I didn't remember that poor M had that problem with her taxes.  After this incident, I have decided to pay for tax preparation next year.  It was so nice to hand off things to the CPA. 

I thought of you two when I took my bath this morning.  I had bars installed when DH started to have issues, and I have been making good use of them.  But, I try to be very careful.  I know many people have had their tubs removed and the sit-down showers added to their bathrooms, but I would prefer not to spend all that $$ since I have a shower, and I could use the shower chair I had for DH if things weren't too bad.

I don't know how the church lady's gathering went this morning, but I know quite a few didn't make it.  Some have gone back to their summer homes, others had medical appointments, etc.  I know the lady who had her vaccine the same day as me wasn't planning to go for the same reason -- want to wait at least two weeks after the second vaccine.  I may want to wait longer than that 

just to be safe.

On my way back from the CPA, I stopped at another garden (arid garden) that was created by the local garden club.  This one is much smaller than the other one I have gone to, but it was nice.  

My vegan (not entirely vegan) tempeh reuben was good last night.  I wanted to try it because I had been reading about how good sauerkraut is (and tempeh.)  It has been quite a while since I had sauerkraut, and it tasted good.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

My high school class met for breakfast this morning. The first time in more than a year. I didn't go. It's been just less than 1 week since my 2nd vaccine plus 9 am with a 20 minute drive did not appeal. It looks like they had a nice turnout though.

I'm glad you enjoyed your reuben, Linda.

When R told me about Dave's new roof I couldn't believe Dave didn't realize ivy is a shade of green. What's more R didn't either. At least his house is white.

I probably would have kept our tub if it had been a tub/shower combo. Since it was a claw foot we opted for the best choice for us. I did make sure the shower had a corner seat in it.