Honored Contributor

Re: Reese Witherspoon would be perfect on the Q!

[ Edited ]

The top is adorbs but I don't care for the length of the jeans on her.  They look like floods. They needed to be shorter or a closer fit to her ankle.  And I don't like the necklace with the top at all.  It looks too heavy for the delicacy of the top and it's too much IMO.  

To be honest, she did me in a few years ago with her behavior.

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

The top is adorbs but I don't care for the length of the jeans on her.  They look like floods. They needed to be shorter or a closer fit to her ankle.  And I don't like the necklace with the top at all.  It looks too heavy for the delicacy of the top and it's too much IMO.  

@Lipstickdiva the "Do you know my name?  You're about to find out who I am..."  Yep.

Trusted Contributor

@Mj12 wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Lipstickdiva the "Do you know my name?  You're about to find out who I am..."  Yep.

That's my exact feeling about her.  Situations like the one she found herself in (and I do believe we all do foolish things and make mistakes) tell an awful lot about a person, and she came across as very arrogant and full of herself.  I really can't stand her now, but I'll watch her in something that I might be interested in.  She no longer seems "cute" or "sweet" to me.

Esteemed Contributor

In the category of speculation possibilities:  if Witherspoon's present fashion line proves to be profitable, I can see QVC or HSN reaching out to her fashion business team to develop a collection for their network.  As with other celebrities who lend their name to products, there probably would be a hired representative who would present the line on air the majority of the time.  Witherspoon's contribution would be her famous name and perky persona as bait to lure customers. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

I have always liked Reese Witherspoon, she is an excellent actress, but I have read several times, that she is not that nice to fans and people who say Hi to her in public,etc.....Now who knows maybe these fans are obnoxious, and she was in a hurry ,etc.....But I have read it several times that she is not kind to fans, unless it is a prearranged meet and greet type of thing..She surely doesn't come across that way to me, but I guess you never know.....  

I heard that too.

She was extremely rude when she got stopped after her husband got a D.U.I.

She doesn't want any pomp and circumstance, but she certainly made it known to the  police that she was a celebrity.   She said something like that..."if you don't know who I am..you soon will". 

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

I actually feel the oposite.

Her clothine line is very femine and pretty but not inexpensive

More upscale looking

I would love it but I'll just look elsewhere

The "average" QVC shopper purchases D&Co (sorry, but hideous outdated looking cheap clothing) Not exactly the customer base for Reese's line

Esteemed Contributor

Reese's clothing line collab with Net-a-Porter can be seen at a launch party that's on the fashion news website Pret-a-Reporter. The clothes look very pretty and ladylike. Her daughter looks just like her!

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/reese-witherspoon-hosts-southern-style-ladies-lunch-launch-dra...

Trusted Contributor

I wouldn't buy from someone who speaks to cops like that.  I don't need a celebrity on QVC, I like real designers.  I'm really sick of Hollywood. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't think she needs the job.

Also, she has a Lisa Rinna attitude, and we're already stuck with one of those.

Valued Contributor

Just because it was reported that she said or acted in a certain way ---doesn't actually mean it happened. And if she did make a mistake and wasn't kind--I know I too have done that when not feeling well or if I have had a bad day.....

That said I do still like her look and feel that the Q would benefit from having more fashion items---not just the basics like Denim and Company--- to try get customer that haven't shopped on the Q before.  They could have something for everyone!  All different styles and price points!

I thought this was a nice look--although I dont think its from her line:

Screen Shot 2017-06-09 at 7.01.29 AM.png