Honored Contributor

Re: Reese Witherspoon In Michael Kors

@ECBG wrote:

@Drythe wrote:

@Andreatoo  @ECBG  

I know you two post frequently about fashion, and this is a serious question.

What are those type of shoulders called?  I see them frequently.  I swam lots as a child, and can’t / don’t wear enlarged shoulders because mine are plenty on their own.  Spent a fortune having shoulder pads removed in the day, and Think this type of shoulder will be more costly to change, if it’s even doable.

TY

@Drythe More than happy to help.  I have designed clothing in college, taught clothing construction and tailoring, as well as made my own tailored Vogue jackets for years.

In this dress, it's just a "set in" sleeve that is gathered at the top.  Many sleeves do have names.  Smiley Happy

@ECBG 

What interesting experience you have!  So many here with so many varied talents.

TY for the info.  

I’m guessing removing and re-doing those sleeves costs a pretty penny unless one has your talents, which I surely do NOT.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@Drythe wrote:

@Andreatoo  @ECBG  

What are those type of shoulders called?  I see them frequently.  I swam lots as a child, and can’t / don’t wear enlarged shoulders because mine are plenty on their own.  Spent a fortune having shoulder pads removed in the day, and Think this type of shoulder will be more costly to change, if it’s even doable.

TY

@Drythe More than happy to help.  I have designed clothing in college, taught clothing construction and tailoring, as well as made my own tailored Vogue jackets for years.

In this dress, it's just a "set in" sleeve that is gathered at the top.  Many sleeves do have names.  Smiley Happy

@ECBG 

What interesting experience you have!  So many here with so many varied talents.

TY for the info.  

I’m guessing removing and re-doing those sleeves costs a pretty penny unless one has your talents, which I surely do NOT.

@Drythe You can take it to a seamstress and have the gathers removed.  They're just extra fabric.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

And 'Legally Blonde" is one of my all time favorite movies!

Respected Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

@Nonametoday wrote:

"do you know who I am?  I will report you for giving me a DUI ticket.  I am not a nobody.  I am an American citizen, a famous one. I have rights.  Do you know who I am.  Am I going to be arrested?  Do you know my name?  You don't need to know my name.  You are about to find out who I am an how important I am."

@Nonametoday 

LOL!!! I know what you mean. Did not think she was like that til I heard this. Seriously. Why do these people think they are better than anyone else? They are no different from me or you IMO. You do the crime you pay the time no matter who you are. 

Hmmmm. Why does this tirade remind me of someone?

Oh and I do like the dress.

Alec Baldwin, Rihanna, Miley Cyrus, and more than a few others come to mind...

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@Drythe wrote:

@Andreatoo  @ECBG  

TY

@ECBG   Quasi mutton sleeve.

Respected Contributor

I REALLY like this a lot.  I could see this in a variety of colors!!

Timeless and classic.

Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@Drythe wrote:

@Andreatoo  @ECBG  

TY

@ECBG   Quasi mutton sleeve.

@Nonametoday Sorry.  This is a mutton sleeve.

See the source image

Honored Contributor

@ECBG   Quasi means similar but not really.  

Respected Contributor

Can't stand her but I do like the dress.  I've always favored military inspired clothing so I like the buttons and the pleating and the color.  MK is one of a few American designers who has consistently been at the top of the designing world.  This dress is a classic.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

Michael Kors dress, Jimmy Choo shoes, Tiffany jewelry.

She was honored at a Hollywood Reporter Women in Hollywood breakfast. So I think the outfit is perfectly appropriate, she looks so pretty.

121219-LOTD-Reese-Witherspoon-embedd.jpg

Wow this is like a perdect outfit.  This dtrss is lovely  Old school and classy.