Regular Contributor

Red Carpet G.I.L.I. items already selling out...

Lisa Robertson posted on Facebook:

It’s been a busy week getting ready for the Red Carpet show—I wanted to give you a quick reminder that these G.I.L.I. items will be in the show tonight, but they are going Fast! The initial pendant is already last call in a number of letters; the leather dress is sold out in black, but there are a few available in Deep Plum! The bangles and the hobo bag are both very popular as well —The G.I.L.I. bag is a Limited Edition for the Red Carpet show; only a few hundred were made!
Frequent Contributor

Re: Red Carpet G.I.L.I. items already selling out...

I somehow don't believe this. This is a sales tactic. And even though they say things are sold out during the show, I wonder how much of it is for presentation purposes only and items will be in stock once the show is over with?

Trusted Contributor

My guess is they don't have very many to sell. Not hard to sell out if you only have a few of something.

Super Contributor

I wish them luck. I think the line is aimed at a younger demographic than the average QVC customer and that's a good thing. Hope they sell everything.
Frequent Contributor

On 2/28/2014 DustyPink said:

I somehow don't believe this. This is a sales tactic. And even though they say things are sold out during the show, I wonder how much of it is for presentation purposes only and items will be in stock once the show is over with?

I so agree.

Honored Contributor

Am sure they want to create demand by saying supply is limited....pretty standard marketing tactic...hope it works for them but with the shipping and only 30 days to return a bag, I don't think they will have many takers.
Honored Contributor

I'll pass.

Honored Contributor

OK by me if they're all sold out. Nothing impressed me. Certainly not the prices.

Honored Contributor

True or not. I don't care. I don't intend to watch and I'm not interested in any of it. It's just regular QVC stuff anyway.

Trusted Contributor

On 2/28/2014 chrystaltree said:

True or not. I don't care. I don't intend to watch and I'm not interested in any of it. It's just regular QVC stuff anyway.

But but but - it's on the Red Carpet!