100% recycled Chasmere

sweater front view

Crew neck

sweater front view

Boxy sweater

sweater front view

Crop Shirred sweater

sweater front view

Bell Sleeve sweater.  Really like this one!

sweater front view

Shirt tail sweater

sweater front viewRugby sweater shirred

sweater front view

Shirred sweatshirt

sweater front view

Honored Contributor

Re: Recycled Cashmere & New sweaters from Frame

I like the shirred one.  Very pricey.  "Recycled" bothers me though.  I've seen this on a lot of clothing products.  I wonder exactly what it means.  Nice clothing though!

Honored Contributor

NO on the recycled. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@rms1954 wrote:

I like the shirred one.  Very pricey.  "Recycled" bothers me though.  I've seen this on a lot of clothing products.  I wonder exactly what it means.  Nice clothing though!

The goats are sheared for their coats which resemble hair.  They are done in midwinter, and unfortunately some of the goats die from the cold.  Depending on how humane the farmers are, some are protected in warm housing. Recycled Cashmere are taken from clothing worn and laundered (very little of cashmere clothing is ever thrown away to begin with.  It's normally passed on to to others. It's not fast fashion, LOL)   And made in to new garments.  Not having to risk more goats when they are sheared.  The goats keep this kind of coat growing all their lives, but you can thank PETA for this.  Many high end clothing is now sustainable. Very pricey for a reason.  All of their jeans and most of their clothing is made in Los Angeles.

Honored Contributor

website is unclear as the recycled part

is it cashmere that is unwound and reknit? or what 

100 % recycled or 100% cashmere. grey area

It doesn't   bother me but I would want to know more before buying 

Honored Contributor

'Gee', I like them all!

Just send them over to me!

I'm usually a longer length sweater lover, but these shorter lengths are very, very fresh.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@ROMARY   Seriously - YEAH for the shorter lengths. So tired ot long frumpy tunic lengths and many call these regualr tees.

Speaking of, had to laugh at the tunic length flared bottom "every day" tee that LG & AS was selling last night. Easy they said to tuck into pants, jeans whatever - NO!!!  Who wants all that extra fabric all bunched up in your pants' waistline? I sure don't!

Honored Contributor

I like the style of most of the sweaters, but recycled is not really appealing.  Looks one pair of the jeans may have been recycled one time to many itself. 

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

I think I wrote somewhere else that Old Navy has quite a few shorter length tops/sweaters...............

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

Too short and generally too shapeless for me.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland