Valued Contributor

Re: Recommendations please for good fitting knit pants (tall)

Thanks everyone!

Valued Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

@Theresa1121 

Have you tried the Starfish line at Land's End?  They have different cuts, but they have these tall ones in a slim leg.  The rise is longer and the inseam is 32".

Women's Tall Starfish Mid Rise Slim Leg Elastic Waist Pull On Pants

On the site they are referring to the Starfish pant as "mid rise". Is that below the navel as won't work but they look so nice and on sale. Thanks!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Theresa1121 wrote:

@lolakimono wrote:

@Theresa1121 

Have you tried the Starfish line at Land's End?  They have different cuts, but they have these tall ones in a slim leg.  The rise is longer and the inseam is 32".

Women's Tall Starfish Mid Rise Slim Leg Elastic Waist Pull On Pants

On the site they are referring to the Starfish pant as "mid rise". Is that below the navel as won't work but they look so nice and on sale. Thanks!

@Theresa1121 

I wear these pants all the time, in the regular inseam. They hit me right at the navel, neither below or above.  (They have a fairly wide waistband, the bottom of which sits right at my belly button, if that helps.)  If you want something above the navel more than that, I think you need to be looking for “high” rise.

Honored Contributor

@Theresa1121 

Did you compare the WWC measurements to the LE ones? I ask this because the rise on the LE pants is longer than the WWC ones I compared.

@Theresa1121 

LE rise.PNG

WWC rise.PNG

Honored Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

Walmart-yes,Walmart-carries a line called Time and Tru. They fit me very well.

I also like the denim-looking knit slacks. 

Time and Tru is all over Insta and getting great reviews have't tried it so can't say 

Respected Contributor

@Theresa1121 I also am apple shaped and won’t wear low riders.

Ll Bean perfect fit pants are fabulous. They come in straight leg, boot cut, etc. They wear like iron and are extremely flattering and comfortable.

LLBean running Labor Day sale 20% off.

They have many many reviews.

Esteemed Contributor

Another vote for Lands End.  Last fall I bought a grey pair then went back for black.  I will definitely buy more this year.  The black was Star Fish but I don't think the grey was.  So comfy and do great in the laundry without losing their shape.

Esteemed Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

Walmart-yes,Walmart-carries a line called Time and Tru. They fit me very well.

I also like the denim-looking knit slacks. 

Time and Tru is all over Insta and getting great reviews have't tried it so can't say 

I bought some Time and Tru tops a couple of months ago for $3 to $6 each.  Wow!  These are great tops for the price.  I got some black, some white, and a dark pink--sleeveless, basic crew neck, v-neck tees and tanks.  I've gotten lots of compliments on them.  I like the length--not too long or too short.  I also got a t-shirt dress for about $13.  The fabric isn't quite as good as what I've gotten at Lands End, but it's not flimsy either.  I will take a look at the pants next time I'm at Walmart.  

Super Contributor

Lands' End is offering 40% off full-priced items through Sept. 3. Ordered a few things today. Smiley Happy

“…nevertheless, she persisted.”
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for sharing that about the sale @LorelaiGilmore 😊  Great time to buy!

FYI if anyone is interested....the charcoal grey pants I mentioned upthread are Lands End active yoga pants.  My black pair is Starfish.  Will definitely purchase more during this sale.