Valued Contributor

Recommendations please for good fitting knit pants (tall)

I am an apple shape and need a pull on pant in tall that fits to my waist, not below the navel. I have several older pairs of Women With Control which I love but need replacing and the style has been discontinued. I have ordered the new styles and sized up and they are just to clingy in the butt area and top of legs to wear to work as almost fit like a yoga pant in the crotch.

I used to wear the Denim & Co. original waist in a tall but the fabric and wide cut of the bottom of the legs is unpredictable so no longer ordering.

I wish Renee would make a pant that is not so fitted. Can anyone recommend a brand and style that you like?

Thanks very  much!

Honored Contributor

Re: Recommendations please for good fitting knit pants (tall)

@Theresa1121 wrote:

I am an apple shape and need a pull on pant in tall that fits to my waist, not below the navel. I have several older pairs of Women With Control which I love but need replacing and the style has been discontinued. I have ordered the new styles and sized up and they are just to clingy in the butt area and top of legs to wear to work as almost fit like a yoga pant in the crotch.

I used to wear the Denim & Co. original waist in a tall but the fabric and wide cut of the bottom of the legs is unpredictable so no longer ordering.

I wish Renee would make a pant that is not so fitted. Can anyone recommend a brand and style that you like?

Thanks very  much!

does it have to be from here

Honored Contributor

@Theresa1121 wrote:

Thanks very  much!

if you are not averse to it, look on some of the resale sites for the same pants you never know what you might find in good condition 

Honored Contributor

@Theresa1121 

Have you tried the Starfish line at Land's End?  They have different cuts, but they have these tall ones in a slim leg.  The rise is longer and the inseam is 32".

Women's Tall Starfish Mid Rise Slim Leg Elastic Waist Pull On Pants

Honored Contributor

I'm not your body type but I have 2 pair of knit pants from LL Bean that I Iove.  Have had them for over a year.  Wash well and keep their shape.  Got them on sale for under $30.  I think they are offered in tall sizes.  Worth checking out.

Honored Contributor

Walmart-yes,Walmart-carries a line called Time and Tru. They fit me very well.

I also like the denim-looking knit slacks. 

Respected Contributor

I love the Starfish line from Lands End.  It is a quality knit, very comfortable and holds it shape.  Washes and wers very very well and no pilling at all.  I dont recommend the Sport line tho.  Its a thinner knit and stretches and bags terribly.  Not a good look.

Honored Contributor

A268216 Linea. I am 5'8, all legs but an apple shape and I love these pants. They have a 32 inch inseam and I need to wear a shoe with a heel in order for them not to be too long. Colors are becoming limited because Louis had a show recently.

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

@Theresa1121 

Have you tried the Starfish line at Land's End?  They have different cuts, but they have these tall ones in a slim leg.  The rise is longer and the inseam is 32".

Women's Tall Starfish Mid Rise Slim Leg Elastic Waist Pull On Pants

@lolakimono 

My favorite pant!  

Valued Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

@Theresa1121 wrote:

Thanks very  much!

does it have to be from here

@jackthebear It does not have to be from the Q.