Honored Contributor

Recommendations for tank tops and/or shells or camis that are not low necked

Does anyone have recommendations for tank tops and shells which do not dip down low in the front?

I have all these tops that are just cut too low for me to feel comfortable and I need to wear tank tops or shells, camis, etc. under them.

The problem is, most of these items are cut so low that they really don't give covereage and dip about as low the top that I am wearing over them.

Anyone else experience this problem?

If I don't find some suitable items, then I will not be wearing quite a few tops which I have.  Since I've gotten older, I seem to have gotten "bonier" in this area and also I don't like feeling exposed!

Thanks for your help!

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Recommendations for tank tops and/or shells or camis that are not low necked

Try Lands End. I love the tank tops they have. If you sign up for email they will send you all kinds of promotions too. Some Sears stores carry Lands End also. Good luck in your search. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Recommendations for tank tops and/or shells or camis that are not low necked

[ Edited ]

Have you tried petite sizes?  I've found if I buy regular misses sizes I have the same problem with the front of tops being too low.  Even a split or cowl neckline will be too low for me.

I've been buying Chicos and J Jill tanks the last couple of years - love them.

Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1,   If you have a JJill store near you all summer tops are on sale plus 30% off the sale price.  You can purchase online but they do have a shipping charge.  I love their tees, tanks and/or shells.  Quality fabrics used.  Cat Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Believe it or not, I often turn my tanks, shells, tees around.  In other words, wear the back of the top in front.  ( Carefully snip off any labels.  The heat pressed labels don't show through.)  Whenever I see a cute V-neck in stores, and if I like the  particular color, I turn it around and take a look at the back to see how it would look worn on my front.  If that makes any sense.........p.s.  Sometimes my tees/tops end up looking like modified boat necks (Audrey Hepburn-ish) when turned around to the front.   Try shopping your closet to see if this might be an option for you.  Heart

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

I bought some Jockey tank tops at JCP ... they are reversible with a v-neck or higher round neck that comes just below the collar bone.   

I only bought black and white ... so I don't know if they come in other colors.  Google Jockey Reversible tank top.

Skinnytees just recently had some tops with a higher heckline.  I bought a couple of them.  

Frequent Contributor

L.L.Bean's pima cotton tanks are very nice.  Like Angel Puppy1, I don't like the lower scoopneck tanks. I have a bunch of the LLBean pima and regular cotton tanks. The pima are nicer, though.

Esteemed Contributor

I have good luck with the following depending on where you want to where them and the budget:

Linea --great for work and social

D&C -essentials  line----everyday

Discontinued Liz Claiborne ---cami tops in all cotton----I still see them on clearance and these are best for hot, humid days or as pj tops.

Hope one of these works for your needs. 

Trusted Contributor

Try the Iman 2 for 1 tank tops. They're $19.95 now and aren't too low in front. They flow nicely and don't cling. Highly recommend!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm not sure if you like Skinnytees, but I found a dupe for them on amazon and they are fantastic. The name is NIKIBIKI (item#  NKNS5178  ). I know the picture shows a low scoop neckline but I have worn them turned around so that the scoop is in the back. When I do this reverse, the neckline is not low. There are no tags so wearing them in reverse is not a problem. There are a gazillion, like 85!,  colors to choose from. One size fits all. Cost ranges from about $7 to $18, depending on the color. @AngelPuppy1

NIKIBIKI Seamless Tank

41FFSHdtujL.jpg