Respected Contributor

Re: ÂRe: Recommendations for HSN fashion brands

I wish I could be of help to you.  The only brand I have bought on the Q is Denim & Co. back when they were reasonable in price.  I liked their casual cotton/poly clothing, and they offered some on-trend clothing items at a decent price.  Everything I bought was well-made, and sizing was consistent.  Most of their things are too expensive now when I can get similar things at TJ Maxx or Costco for much less.  The quality may or may not be there when I purchase from those places, but I'm not hard on my clothing, so that isn't really an issue.

Having a new need for slightly dressier clothes than casual, I have recently purchased a few things from Iman on HSN.  I have not been able to find anything like hers in local stores--at least not without paying a lot more.  (TJ Maxx is the exception, but it is hit or miss.) Going by her size charts, I would need a medium in everything.  No way, no how.  For dresses and skirts, I need a small, and for tops alone, I need an extra small.  (5'6" and pear-shaped) Her clothing seems to be mostly polyester or rayon, but that is okay, as the few pieces I have, have washed well.  When I get them, I use my hand-held steamer to remove packing wrinkles, and I am good to go.  I'm in air-conditioning anytime I wear them, so I have no issues with them being hot.  Plus, I'm cold-natured, so there's that.  lol

I recently bought the Coleen Lopez ruana--first purchase in her line.  After checking out what was available online from Kohl's, Wal-Mart, and Amazon, her ruana was only slightly more expensive, and I have no doubt it will be better quality besides being reversible.  Retailmenot was offering 20% back on the day I ordered making it cost $32.  I couldn't touch that price online for the quality.  I am looking forward to getting it.

I am thankful for the poster who posted her experience with G by Guliana (sp) and DG2 items.  I have looked at those a few times but knowing that the sizing isn't consistent is a real turn-off when having to deal with exchanges or returns.

Also, like someone else mentioned, HSN is always having sales, clearance, and sending me coupons.  It has really motivated me to shop there, and I have several things on my wish list right now.  And as has been previously mentioned, HSN sends an alert when an item drops in price.  There was a sale price on a dress the other day, plus HSN sent me a 20% coupon the same day, so I was able to get it at a very reasonable cost.

Returns are taking a bit to get credited on HSN.  The last two things I returned (one was defective, one I didn't like on me), I had to call after 2 weeks.  The rep could see that the items had been returned and immediately refunded my money.  I'm not sure what is going on with the returns (have read the same thing is happening at the Q unless you use the easy returns method--which I do), but it didn't use to be this way.

Good luck, and let us know what you purchase!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: ÂRe: Recommendations for HSN fashion brands

@MezzieStarr wrote:

I love Democracy clothing.  It's a national brand but HSN carries it and they have fantastic prices.  HSN sells the identical Democracy items from Democracy's website for half the price or better. 👍

HSN doesn't have lunchtime specials, they do have "As is".

HSN sale pricing puts QVC to shame.  A clearance price is really a clearance price. You can get items for 10 bucks that were 70 or more.

A lot more free shipping days over there, too and coupon codes.

Never had an issue with them and in my opinion they ship faster.

@MezzieStarr I agree.  HSN has coupons all the time and their clearance is really a true clearance.  They have more free shipping.  Their shipping is much faster than here too.

Respected Contributor

Re: Recommendations for HSN fashion brands

@RespectLife  Did you order G by Guilanna 2pk t shirts tops? I am waiting on mine. I did size up because on the host it looked too small for her size. I agree tho, tops are getting thinner I thinner & not the quality as they were in the past. I usually shop in-store & on occasion shop on the Q or HSn.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kabella 

This is what I ordered

G by Giuliana 2-pack EcoLuxe Jersey Knit V-Neck Tanks

788-184

$40 plus

PAPER thin....couldn't believe what low quality, poorly made tops they were IMHO.
Totally see-thru even the dark blk, but the light grey?  Yikes!
HUGE gapping arm holes.
I ordered my usual QVC size.  Didn't size up...and didn't need to.

Luckily, I was able to cancel a WL for another set.

I refused to take a 'try on' loss of money....so I kept them.  Use in the house when I cook/bake and don't care it they get stained or dog hair all over them.

Learned a lesson.  I'd rather pay for good quality, but I found these to be way overpriced poor quality.

I now see the reviewers didn't like them either....
Respected Contributor

@RespectLife Yup, thats what I bought. I should get it today. I ordered on 7/29 in the blue. I also got the cocoon cardi. Oh no! on the t's. The presentation did not look like they were that thin. Funny, I thought the t's ran small so I sized up lol! True to size on the cardi & crossing my fingers that I like it. Not a fan of that type of cardi but I liked the way it hanged....probably because that is also paper thin! 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@RespectLife  I think you might have a different 2pk tee. Mine are "G by Guliana 2 pack ecoluxe Perfect V Neck". They come with either a tie dye or Camo print with a solid T. There are no reviews yet. Item# 791-936 TS for 34.99....

Honored Contributor

@Kabella 

Good luck!  I sure hope they work for you!

I love tie dye!!!

Esteemed Contributor

I've watched all the brands at HSN. The only purchase has been a few purchases from DG2. I won't buy anymore of DG1 jeans b/c of their fit: huge waists and the fabric slides down. I wear petite and most of their brands seem to be directed toward the tall, curvy frame. I always look in and have bought other things besides fashion and been satisfied. 

Respected Contributor

@RespectLife Thanks! I hope so too.

Esteemed Contributor

I bought 2 maxi dressses from Iman and I was very happy with them...