Valued Contributor

Recently ordered a tunic from Zulily

I have been wanting to order one of their tunics. My question always was was I too old to wear tunics (65) and what would it look like on a slightly overweight female?  I took the plunge and did order and receive one that I'd been eyeing a while.  It really is cute. It is long enough to cover the problem areas. I wear leggings, but they are covered pretty well.  I hope I don't look like I am trying to dress too young, but I like it and I guess that is what really matters. It did take a long long time to arrive and there are no returns.  I took a gamble!

Honored Contributor

Re: Recently ordered a tunic from Zulily

@chihuahuamom it sounds like you took a wonderful gamble.  I bet you look great in your outfit.  Enjoy!

Trusted Contributor

My 76 year old mom wears them and she looks great. I think if it's a new style for you, then you tend to question if it's age appropriate. Since you said it looks cute on you, then good for you that you feel good in it!  In general, I  think the tunic-leggings style is for any age-if done tastefully

Honored Contributor

If it looks good to you that is all that matters.  No, it is not too young.  We are living in different times.  Back in the day, we did not know what leggings or jeans were.  I see a lot of seniors wearing jeans and leggings.  Now if the leggings are animal print, I would not suggest thatCat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

If you like it and feel good wearing it, then I am sure you look fine. Enjoy wearing your new tunic.
"To each their own, in all things".
Valued Contributor

Oh I assure you those leggins are not animal print! Smiley Wink They are solid-just like me! 

Honored Contributor

I'm in big trouble if there's an age limit on tunics.   That's the most ridiculous thing I ever heard.   I'd be embarrassed to even post it. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

my 20 something daughters wear tunics.

my 54 year old self wears tunics.

my 76 year old mom wears tunics.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@chihuahuamom    Glad you took the chance and tried them.  I wouldn't worry about your age.  I'm a lot older than you and I've always liked tunics.  I was so glad when Lori first came to QVC.  

I have quite a few of them now ... I lost count of the number of LOGO - and some from Soft Surroundings and Chico's.  Also - a couple from SG and Renee.  They mix and match with so many different bottoms - can be layered, accessorized ... work great for me.

What I won't wear  is leggings ... SG's slim leg lustra knit pants work well.  Also - I have some tunics that look fab over wide leg pants.  

For my body type ... I can usually find the right proportion of top/bottom shaping to make them work together.

Respected Contributor

I think you are not too old for tunics, and we are close in age. I believe that being "on trend" or simply wearing an updated style is exactly what we should do. I also think that pleasing yourself is most important and is a reflection of who you are. So pleased you decided to try something you wanted to try. 

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.