Respected Contributor

Re: Recent Barefoot dreams TSV

I normally wear a 10-12P or petite medium. I ordered the S/M and it's pretty big on me. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

Depending on the fabric, some of the BD items run big and some run small.

I am a large and I went with the L/XL in this TSV and the fit is perfect on me.  Had I sized up, I don't think I would have liked it and had I sized down, I know I wouldn't have liked it. 

I wanted this to fit through the shoulders, be more fitted in the arms and I wanted it to drape and at least look like I could close it, which I would never do.  But I noticed on the hosts who sized down, they seemed to be tugging at it to pull it closed more. I didn't want to do that.

I think if you are solidly in your size or on the higher end of your size, sticking to your normal size is the way to go.  I think if you are on the smaller end of your size, you'd be safe going down.  For me, I'm more of a large heading into an extra large than a large heading down towards a medium. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@vsm wrote:

I got the xs, and it's big on me (5'2" and 105 lbs.)  Will wear it loosely belted or as a bed jacket (remember those?).

This was my experience as well (5'1" and 100 lbs.), except that I returned mine. It also felt "heavy" in the back and as though it wouldn't stay up on my shoulders where it should be.

Trusted Contributor

@Mom2Dogs   I disagree with the rep who said to order by your bust size. The advice was off since the style is so unstructured. The sweater just runs large with a relaxed fit. I am a full size 36C and the XS fit me fine! In regular stores I would never buy an XS on top.   Order down on this one.  I am also petite at 5 ft so I did like the length proportion on me.  I will mainly use mine as a cover-up over sleeveless summer tops or summer dresses.  I bought the green and it is a gray-green.

Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

I found the items in BD that I bought from QVC were different in size and fabrication than what I bought B&M.  B&M does run small.  Not so at QVC.  I would not order BD from QVC again, for more reasons than sizing, but that's just my experience.

i have found them to run the same as the items i purchase from nordstrom when you compare the same garment.

i dont generally find BD to run excessively large, although there are a few that say relaxed fit. i always buy an XL in regular sizing or a L/XL in bridge sizing.....from BD, from qvc, from nordstrom. the L/XL fit was perfect for me in this last tsv shrug.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Kari should not have told the viewers to size up if they have a larger bust with that TSV. I noticed the models didn't say they sized up so I got my usual S/M and the fit is perfect.

Respected Contributor

I am 5’2”, 110 lbs, and based on the vendor suggestion, I got S/M in coral.  I do like it because it is different, and interesting, and sooo soft, but it is a lot of fabric! I wish I had gotten the XXS/XS, But now there are almost no colors left in that size, so I am resolved to keeping it. My advice, size down!  

Honored Contributor

@nova ..I am a 36D...and usually a 10 in a numbered size.  I was inbetween two sizes, so ordered up.  I was really busy at work today and have not taken time to try on again.  Initially it did not 'feel' big and seems to stay on my shoulders properly, but wonder how the small/medium would have fit.  I am not sure if there is excess room under the arm pits because of the dolman sleeve...I also need to check to see how difficult it will be to wear a coat with this sweater.

For this very reason, my clothing purchases have really slowed down...I seem to be in between sizes a lot and am not willing (very often)  to take the chance of returning because of the cost.