Honored Contributor

I received mine today, it is so soft and the color is pretty...

The question is on the size....which this will sound silly because I always know if something fits or not, lol...It  does not feel big, but I may have to  find a vintage pin to keep it together....depending on where I wear it or what I am wearing under it.

I really am not a large/xlarge but according to their size chart that was my size.  I was just wondering if I should have ordered the smaller size...I will keep what I received just wondering about how everyone else felt about the size ordered.

The last TSV they had before Christmas I had to send back it was huge.

Those of you that purchased, how do you feel about the size you ordered?

Trusted Contributor

Re: Recent Barefoot dreams TSV

@Mom2Dogs I'm usually a solid medium in everything.  I like my tops/sweaters loose so I usualy size up. 

I ordered the previous BD (just before the holidays) and it was huge.  Not a little big, sloppy, droopy horrible huge. 

I almost didn't order this one but I really liked the look so I ordered a size down to the small.  It fits exactly as. like them to fit and I love it. 

So..after all this...yes, i think the line runs very large.  I did read some posts that this particular sweater ran smaller but for me it's the perfect size. 

Regular Contributor

I am usually a medium in all qvc tops.  I ordered the L/XL per the host recommendation. It is just too big to keep closed.  The shoulders will not stay put either, making the hem always look uneven. I had to send it back.

Honored Contributor

@Drlinda ...thanks for your input, I just got it today, I will try it on again and wear it around the house for a while to see if I have to fuss with it.....

Honored Contributor

@Jtdmum ...grrrr, sizing is so difficult.  I really debated over the size and went with the chart they posted.

Regular Contributor

I know. I debated about exchanging for the smaller size, but I just couldn’t keep the L/XL.   I even had trouble keeping the sleeves from sliding down.

I know how you feel as I wanted to keep it as it is such a cool piece.

Respected Contributor

I got the xs, and it's big on me (5'2" and 105 lbs.)  Will wear it loosely belted or as a bed jacket (remember those?).

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I ordered one size up because they said it wouldn't make any difference and I wanted a drapey fit. They said the size didn't really matter. Well, it does. I got 3 of these and they are really very sloppy huge. The ribbed forearms of the sleeves are too large and just hang loose on my arms. They won't stay pushed up. I'm disappointment because the sea salt is sold out. So, I'm considering trying to shrink it. Yesterday I did order another one in a smaller size in the pacific blue color just to compare the sizing. I'm going to see how it fits and then I'll decide what to do about the 3 larger ones. I'll either return them, or if the white one shrinks and still looks fine, I'll try shrinking the others. 

I've decided to stop paying any attention to what they say about sizing and just go with my normal size. This is frustrating.

Member Since 11/20/2008
Honored Contributor

I found the items in BD that I bought from QVC were different in size and fabrication than what I bought B&M.  B&M does run small.  Not so at QVC.  I would not order BD from QVC again, for more reasons than sizing, but that's just my experience.

Honored Contributor

I find that QVC's Barefoot Dreams items run large.  In fact, I have to size down from their size chart.