Honored Contributor

Re: Receiving returned clothing-tired of it!

@borntoshop525 wrote:

It hasn't happened in a while, but I remember getting a $50.00 top that obviously was worn by someone and then returned.  It reeked of strong perfume and was a wrinkled mess.  Of course, I had to pay shipping to return it.  They need to monitor these things more closely.

you dont have to pay for return shipping. if an item  is damaged it can be returned on qvcs dime. make sure to note the problem on your return form and make sure to follow up online to make sure they did not take $6.95 out of your return amount.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Valued Contributor

That's preciously the problem with online/TV shopping.  Items, clothes, whatever have to enter the home of the person purchasing it and some peoples homes are just nauseating.  I have a friend who is a negligent housekeeper.  My other friends and I refuse to eat at her apartment.  We've talked to her about it but she just laughs and says we're germaphobes.  Uh....no.  Anyway long story short.  I had to go to her apartment to pick up some old winter clothing (she does dress well) for a clothes drive and when I got there she was in the bathroom.  So I walk into her bathroom and see a pile of clothes in a corner of the bathroom next to the toilet almost and I say to her "is that the clothes that you are donating?"  I'm like thinking, I ain't touching that.  She looks around and says, "what that" (she points to the pile by the toilet), I say, "yeah that".  "Oh no", she says, "that's stuff I have to return to QVC, HSN and Macys."Man SurprisedWoman FrustratedRobot Sad

I'm like, the heck?!  Just super, so now some other person, will get clothes that have been sitting on her grungy bathroom floor and I hope it's not me!

Spoiler

Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself.

-Rumi
Honored Contributor

@borntoshop525 wrote:

It hasn't happened in a while, but I remember getting a $50.00 top that obviously was worn by someone and then returned.  It reeked of strong perfume and was a wrinkled mess.  Of course, I had to pay shipping to return it.  They need to monitor these things more closely.

If this ever happens again, call CS. They will notate your account and you won't have to pay for the return.  Everything will be refunded to you.

Honored Contributor

@borntoshop525 wrote:

@borntoshop525  No, you didn't have to pay to return it.  If an item is damaged, including having an odor, all you have to do is contact CS.  Shipping will be free.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@Northray wrote:

That's preciously the problem with online/TV shopping.  Items, clothes, whatever have to enter the home of the person purchasing it and some peoples homes are just nauseating.  I have a friend who is a negligent housekeeper.  My other friends and I refuse to eat at her apartment.  We've talked to her about it but she just laughs and says we're germaphobes.  Uh....no.  Anyway long story short.  I had to go to her apartment to pick up some old winter clothing (she does dress well) for a clothes drive and when I got there she was in the bathroom.  So I walk into her bathroom and see a pile of clothes in a corner of the bathroom next to the toilet almost and I say to her "is that the clothes that you are donating?"  I'm like thinking, I ain't touching that.  She looks around and says, "what that" (she points to the pile by the toilet), I say, "yeah that".  "Oh no", she says, "that's stuff I have to return to QVC, HSN and Macys."Man SurprisedWoman FrustratedRobot Sad

I'm like, the heck?!  Just super, so now some other person, will get clothes that have been sitting on her grungy bathroom floor and I hope it's not me!

Spoiler

That's why I was everythig I buy irrespective of where I buy it.

Honored Contributor

@just wonder wrote:

It is obvious when I receive a piece of clothing because of the crinkles tissue paper, wrinkled mess of the item and different label.  If I am going to settle for a returned or used item, I will look for it on the bay.  Otherwise, I want a brand new, never tried on (as the hosts boast is an advantage to buying clothing from QVC vs. in a store where they have previously been tried on) piece of clothes that is neatly folded with clean tissue paper, etc.  This is what I am willing to pay full price for, including the exhorbitant shipping charges and tax.  Seems like the trend is going more and more to receiving items that have been previously worn or at least tried on by others, and I'll return everytime! 

@just wonder

Obviously,  handling returns is something every retailer has to deal with .....  are you really expecting that anything purchased & returned should be ... what? ....  returned to the manufacturer or thrown out?   What exactly are you suggesting here?

You can walk into your local Macy's, for example, and see a whole department of women's clothes on display.   Some may have been tried on, but not purchased.   Some may have been purchased as a gift, sat in someone's closet or whatever, and then later returned when the gift giver changed their mind.   There's many different scenarios here, but not every garment that's tried on has been mangled or damaged.   

I'm not sure there's a way that any retailer can guarantee a brand new, untried garment .... unless it's shipped direct from the manufacturer.    

I agree that nothing should every be sent that isn't in excellent and new condition ....  but there's really a limit to what they can guarantee.  You should know that.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just received a few of the Isaac shirttail tunics (all of them were A266662 and all of the ones I bought were size small) and was very disappointed to see that one of them was obviously worn, washed, dried, and SHRUNK.   At least it was clean--it had a distinct laundry scent!  I called CS immediately and they are processing an exchange.  I took a pic to show the size difference between one that was fresh and unworn (the darker color on the bottom) and the one that the previous customer shrank.   The bag was slightly different and the shirt was very wrinkled compared to the others that I ordered.   Unreal.

IMG_4259.jpg

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I've received hundreds of clothing items from QVC; all my clothes almost and I have an extensive wardrobe.  In almost 30 years of shopping I'm sure I've received returned items, I don't study labels or do a forensic exam of the tissue, but I have NEVER received anything that wasn't pristine.  I think these tales about tissues in pockets are fabricated to make QVC look bad.

When you go to Nordstrom and select a garment to buy, do you demand that the salesperson trot back to the stock room and find one for you that has never been tried On?  She'd think you were a nutcase, yet that's what you want QVC to do.

I think it's unrealistic to expect QVC to ditch returns and abandon clothing in perfect condition.  I occasionally return things I never took out of the bag, not likING the color or the embellishments.  As long as the garment is clean, free of odors or any defects, send it on to me.  I pick up sell-outs I otherwise wouldn't be able to get, this way.

I do not fabricate stories. 

I received a jacket from QVC that had a program from a wedding ceremony in the pocket.

I received a sugar depilatory from HSN that had hair in it.

Honored Contributor

just a FYI......

you can easily tell a "return" even if you dont open the packaging. a brand new item will have a rectangular sticker on it with the numbers/barcode. a returned item will have a square sticker with the numbers/barcode.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@gemologygal wrote:

I just received a few of the Isaac shirttail tunics (all of them were A266662 and all of the ones I bought were size small) and was very disappointed to see that one of them was obviously worn, washed, dried, and SHRUNK.   At least it was clean--it had a distinct laundry scent!  I called CS immediately and they are processing an exchange.  I took a pic to show the size difference between one that was fresh and unworn (the darker color on the bottom) and the one that the previous customer shrank.   The bag was slightly different and the shirt was very wrinkled compared to the others that I ordered.   Unreal.

IMG_4259.jpg

@gemologygal  You still wanted to buy it knowing it shrank that much?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment