Honored Contributor

Re: Receiving returned clothing-tired of it!

@DJP wrote:

That's why I never go on waitlist.

@DJP  I do  clothing wait list a lot and have never received anything that was unacceptable.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I only received a return once - it was a skirt - on clearance. It definitely smelled like cigarette smoke and was wrinkled in the seat area. I called QVC and they offered me more money off the item, and I needed it to match with a top I had so I kept it. It was a machine washable and dryable item so I washed it immediately, the smell and the wrinkles came right out. It is a perfect match to a Mackie top I own in a berry color so I didn't want to return it.

Honored Contributor

I have received tried on items.  OK if it is in new condition, but packaging could be improved.  How about keeping a stock of fresh tissue in the return/reship department?  If this really bothers you, pay attention for "new today" items and stay away from waitlist. 

Honored Contributor

unless you are buying a BRAND NEW ITEM featured, like a TSV, i would say stay away from buying from qvc if receiving returns bother you.

my guess is is that at least HALF of what i receive are customer returns. rarely have i had a problem with them (other than possibly the packaging). if there is a problem i send it back on qvcs dime by calling or noting the problem. a couple of times i have kept the item and qvc has given me a partial refund.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624, how very nice of you to call posters on here liars.  Wait until it happens to you.  Since it hasn't yet, count yourself lucky.  I rec'd an item once that had a nickel and a tissue in the pocket.  It has never happened again.  I have rec'd items though that stunk to high heaven of perfume but I have no idea if the person just tried the item on or actually wore it.

As long as the item is in new condition, I have no issue if the item is a cutomer return.  I don't care that tissue paper is crinkly.  If I buy something from a store, who knows how many people have tried the item on or handled it. 

If the condition of the item isn't acceptable, I contact QVC and send it back.  If I was continually receiving items that weren't in new condition, I'd quit shopping from them.      

Occasional Contributor

It hasn't happened in a while, but I remember getting a $50.00 top that obviously was worn by someone and then returned.  It reeked of strong perfume and was a wrinkled mess.  Of course, I had to pay shipping to return it.  They need to monitor these things more closely.

Honored Contributor

I am not as worried about who tried it on as i am about the state of their household cleanliness etc. when something online gets returned....where and what has it been doing before it came to my home.I have been in some homes over the years that I would not feel comfortable bringing anything home from.

Honored Contributor

Receiving returned tried on clothing also could bring bed bugs into your home. 

Honored Contributor

Thiry years and that has never happened to me.  But if it did, I'd just return it.  I never buy as-is clothing because those are definitely returns.

Frequent Contributor

I'm confused. Receiving wrinkled tissue indicates the item is a return? Maybe the tissue wrinkled inside the plastic bag during handling at QVC, or being stacked in a truck, or being stuffed into a mailbox. All of my fashion purchases have arrived in a plastic bag, not a hard-sided box.