Trusted Contributor

Received my Liz Lange dresses

Last year, I bought one of Liz's TS dresses and loved it. The fabric was so soft, and the fit was very flattering. Although I am tall (5' 10"), the length was fine. It was not a true maxi on me, but it was not too short. I would call it a longish midi.

When Liz brought back the dress in different colors and prints, it was an easy decision to buy more. This time, I bought two (royal and ocean paisley). The mailman delivered them just a few minutes ago. I am not in the best mood today, so I thought this would really cheer me up. Sadly, I was wrong. The dresses fit just like the 2013 TS with one exception. The length is shorter. The hem hits at the most unflattering part of my leg - about mid-shin. I compared the dresses to the one from last year, and they are four inches shorter! I checked the size to make sure I didn't receive petites, and they are regulars.

If you are average height, this might not be an issue. Or if a mid-shin length dress looks nice on you, you'll like the dress. Unfortunately, I am returning them.

Paws and enjoy life.
Contributor

Re: Received my Liz Lange dresses

Just received mine too. I was hesitant because Ive never ordered from her before but Im just 5'3"" and noticed the regular length on the models was more mid length so I decided to not get petite and get the regular so it would be a true maxi. The regular lengths perfect on me and even not to the floor so I can imagine if you have any height at all it will be way too short. Im wondering why she does this. I do like the dress however. Very nice and a good fit for me in the XS. I got the orange. Sorry yours wasnt right. Runs
Honored Contributor

What a bummer Dosey. I've noticed that a lot of places are calling a dress a maxi when it's anywhere mid-shin and longer.

I have last year's version, I'm 5'4" and it's not a maxi dress on me and I didn't buy petite. It is a midi on me.

Esteemed Contributor

Oh, Dosey, that stinks! I rather like midi-length dresses (better than a maxi), but I so agree that mid-shin is such an unflattering length! Sorry you have to return!

Respected Contributor

Even though the label doesn't indicate it is a petite, 4" shorter would indicate it is. If it was only one dress, I'd say wrong label, but 2 dresses, something is off. Did you call CS?

I am no where near 5'10" and last year's version hit me midi length.

Super Contributor

Sorry about the dresses not working out Dosey. I was so on the fence, ultimately I decided not to order but I did love the colors. I love mine from last year but I decided I didn't need more maxis, I have so many!

The length on me (last year's), is just grazing my ankles which is fine. And I am about an inch - inch and half shorter than you are. Most of my other maxis are longer than my LL maxis. I do not like them so long that they sweep the floor, but I don't want them 2 or 3 inches above my ankles. It would be nice, if she offered talls in her dresses! If she can offer petites, she should offer talls. Either that, or she needs to cut her regulars, a few inches longer.

Respected Contributor

I got last years and I thought it would be too short but it was longer than I thought.

This year when they mentioned 50'' I knew that would be too short. I like 55'' for 5'8''.

I have many so I'm glad I didn't order anymore. I don't care for the midi length.

Too bad you have to send them back... I am still waiting on my Betsey Johnson socks, I know they will fit.