Honored Contributor

Received Barefoot Dreams Order

sigh...it is to big.  The color/pink is pretty.  I own another sweater in this brand, it has a cascading front..it was my first purchase from this line.    The sleeves were really tight but I kept it and can make it work.

This time I ordered up because I wanted the option of layering other than a sleeveless top....well that did not work, the sleeves are very generous!

I did hear the vendor mention that fact well after I ordered and my order was in process, but I thought how much bigger can it be....it's going back, and not sure I am going to go for another size.  

This will be the third item I have sent back in a short time, it's just to expensive to order and then have the fit be off, and yes I NEVER ORDER with out checking the measurements.

Honored Contributor

Re: Received Barefoot Dreams Order

So sorry it didn't work for you. Smiley Sad

My other four are coming today by UPS. Already received the garnet/rosewood and love the color (I sized up and it fits perfectly for me), and am happy that you think the pink is pretty. I am looking forward to seeing the pink in particular.

Sounds like this brand may not be a good one for you. Have you tried Cuddl Duds? That was the brand I was using before Barefoot Dreams. They are soft too, just not as substantial material being used. 

Honored Contributor

I've got the pink out for delivery today.  Too bad yours doesn't fit @Mom2Dogs.  Get it back and exchange it.  I know mine will fit 'cause I already got the garnet.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs

Chose passing on this line. Reviews are all over the place! Seriously.

No matter what the item, consistency is greatly lacking. No thanks.

Speak with CS: explain you went by the garment measurements.

Bet you won't be charged return costs. Best of luck! 

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 and @World Traveler.  You ladies must love this brand to order multiples.  It is very soft.  The shoulder seams also hung off my shoulders.

Trusted Contributor

I own 2 cardis from barefoot dreams and love them.

This one I passed on.  As mentioned, the shoulder seem was so low down the arm.

With my round shoulders, this would have not looked good in my opinion.

I debated that whole day about purchasing it.  I sized down but decided against it..

I am sorry @Mom2Dogs, yours did not fit.  Exchange for a smaller size. 

I hope everyone loves theirs, I just knew it would not have flattered me at all.

Respected Contributor

With this line, I don’t think there’s inconsistency in the product as much as there’s inconsistencies in customer’s expectations.
Honored Contributor

@RollTide2008 Hmmmmm....that is an interesting thought. Could be right about that. Heart

Honored Contributor

@RollTide2008, my expectations were that it would fit a tad better in the sleeve but the garmet is very big.......not what I expected.

Honored Contributor

received my garnet sweater today and wish i had ordered more. the garnet color is beautiful.

lucky for me there is a black left at the same tsv price.

ordering that today!

i ordered up as i always do in BD. this material does have a lot of stretch and is lighter in weight than other BD items, but very warm. yes, it does run bigger than the other material BD items. it was not THAT oversized though. more room in the arm area and a bit more room in the chest area, but not that oversized for me in the hip area. i probably could wear a large easily, but sticking with my normal size XL for BD was fine. it is such a comfortable and cozy item. will be able to layer underneath this easily.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein