Honored Contributor

I went back and forth whether or not to buy this ... ended up getting it and the black one arrived today.  

It's an "odd" black ... it has a purple cast to it.  I'm holding it next to my black velvet sofa ... and I swear it looks purple. 

I rather like the purple/black color.  Interesting ....

Belle by Kim Gravel Print or Solid Velvet Big S - A388508

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA I'd probably like that color on me.  Hope it works well for you.

Honored Contributor

@millieshops 

Actually - I think it will be more useful than if it were "real" black.  I'm liking the color.

------------------------------------------------

@millieshops wrote:

@ALRATIBA I'd probably like that color on me.  Hope it works well for you.

Respected Contributor

I received the Mink, Loden and Red Plaid.  They are beautiful.  Did not order the black (my least favorite non-color - next to white) but I do have the black Kim sold a couple years ago - just velvet, not crushed velvet.  That year I got the black, green and plum and have gotten a lot of use out of them.  

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA I agree. I don’t wear lots of black, but when I want a column of it under a sweater or jacket, I like the blacks to match -  with that purplish cast to the TSV, I wouldn’t mind the non-match most times.

Honored Contributor

@millieshops 

I'm a NY're and 3/4 of my wardrobe is black!

I think because of the "crushed" texture of the fabric - there are enough high and low "lights" that a color match / mismatch wouldn't matter.  

Even with my long torso - it's quite long.  I plan on wearing it as a "shacket" (shirt/jacket - or is that a shirket?  Smiley Wink ) over a sijky turtleneck - color to be determined.  I need to check my t-neck supply.

-------

@millieshops wrote:

@ALRATIBA I agree. I don’t wear lots of black, but when I want a column of it under a sweater or jacket, I like the blacks to match -  with that purplish cast to the TSV, I wouldn’t mind the non-match most times.

----------------------