Respected Contributor

So I bought 2 new pairs of crops this year, one the new pink and one the navy.

Both are perfect in the package, crisp and no wrinkles, just washed the pink pair and here with go, fabric is stiff and plenty of wrinkles...really?

Put them on the gentle cycle, partially dry, took them out and couldn't even smooth out the wrinkles out of the fabric.

It's really a hit or miss with the pants, crops and capri's, I really believe what factory and country of origin do they come from, some are really nice and others are just a mess.

Valued Contributor

I don't know if it is the country, Nantucket, I think it is the quality of the fabric. I have so many pairs of crops and capris that never wrinkle in the wash, made in China, but they are older. I didn't buy the new ones from the Q, I am really afraid of what the heck d&co is doing these days.

Respected Contributor
On 5/5/2014 Raider Fan said:

I don't know if it is the country, Nantucket, I think it is the quality of the fabric. I have so many pairs of crops and capris that never wrinkle in the wash, made in China, but they are older. I didn't buy the new ones from the Q, I am really afraid of what the heck d&co is doing these days.

My old one's are pretty nice yet but wanted to try a colored bottom, realizing now that I'm so happy I didn't go crazy and just bought the pink.

I used to buy a lot of D&C but I too are afraid of all the returns I'll have, like they say, "it ain't what it used to be".

You are correct, it is the fabric.

Esteemed Contributor

I also noticed the pants and crops and Capri's are getting wider and wider in the waist. I take a small in the real world in QVC'S world of fashion in these pants and other clothing a XX-small. If this keeps happening I will not be able to order them at all.

Super Contributor

Did you put them in the dryer? You said "partially dry." How did they look when you took them out of the washer, did they look wrinkled. One time my dryer broke in the middle of the cycle of my sons shorts and they were partially dry and all wrinkled, which never normally happens when they run the full cycle and fully dry, they never wrinkle. I don't put any of my clothes in the dryer, I have D&Co tops and pants, I hang them to dry and they never wrinkle.

Esteemed Contributor

A couple of years ago I purchased a pair of D&C crops and a pair of Bermuda type shorts. Both came out a wrinkled mess and were thrown in the goodwill bag. I got them to wear at home while gardening and wouldn't even wear them that way. I washed as you did. Horrible. I won't purchase again.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Honored Contributor

That would be a sign of poor quality fabric. Why don't you iron them ? Or maybe if you let them dry completely in the dryer then took them immediately out and folded them. I wash my D& Co pedal pushers in the washer on hot water, dry them completely in a hot dryer and take them out as soon as they are done, fold them and they are always wrinkle free. i have some cheaper ones from Walmart that I have to touch up with the iron after washing.

Honored Contributor

I wonder if those of you who say their items come out of the dryer wrinkled are getting them out as soon as they are dry, because any clothing that is left sitting in the dryer is going to be wrinkled no matter how good a fabric it is.

Regular Contributor

I recently purchased a HE washer and noticed that sometimes, depending upon how they are loaded, the clothing can twist or come out wrinkled for no apparent reason. You're supposed to load in loose heaps. Sometimes I have to chant "loose heaps" to myself when I am loading or I forget (like when I am doing ten things at once and thinking about some of them while loading if you know what I mean). Could it be that?

I fully dry mine and try to get them out right away, and straighten out any pockets, bottoms, or other things that need flattening that could otherwise be a problem. I do not iron, so they better come out right! I have tons of D&C capris crops leggings and pants.

Honored Contributor

But did you follow the instructions on the care tag ??? I know I have a bad habit of laundering pieces the way I think they should be laundered. But that's often not what the care tag says.