Honored Contributor

I love short jackets.  I love short tops period!  I'm petite and thin.  I have a small waist and slim hips too. Not curvy at all.  This stuff is rarely on QVC. They have sometimes short jackets & shrugs, but makes sure it's with the long  26-27" top.

Respected Contributor

I had an outfit in the 80's similar to this (different color).  I was thinner back then.  Would never attempt to wear it now.

Honored Contributor

Re: Really Short Jackets

[ Edited ]

@Carmie 

White House Black Market has a short black and white Chanel inspired jacket if you're interested.

Honored Contributor

@SaveTheTurtles wrote:

@ECBG  I agree this outfit even looks dated. I am not a fan either.

@SaveTheTurtles 

I'll do solid matching top and bottom, this pattern is too much.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like the look/style of O/P's first photo. 

Monochromatic, classic/classy/etc.  Nice, neutral color. 

This short jacket 'blends in', so to speak.  Nothing overly dramatic about the short length.

And the high waist trousers meet the short jacket in the right place.

I haven't read the other posts yet.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

Weren't short jackets the trend a few years ago? Remember when we were hammered with short moto jackets?  

Usually styles don't return this quickly.  I think they are always in style, though, like blazers and become trendy every so many years.

I have worn short jackets, but it depends whether I like a certain one on me.  I prefer longer blazers.  

@Foxxee 

"Short" jackets work well on many .... shorter and petite women and those that are short waisted. 

I don't call them short ... they are jeans jacket length.   Works perfectly for me, and I have at least 15 jean jacket-style jackets, including linen, leather, polished cotton and one of my faves, a black lace jacket.  

Regular Contributor

I was young once . Looks good on her . Enjoy !

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Another style for the very young/very thin.

I'm not young but I am thin. This style looks good on me.

Trusted Contributor

@SportyShorty07 wrote:

I love crop jackets because at 4'11", they're the perfect length on me Smiley Very HappyHeart!

4'11" here too and I that's the length of jackets that look the best on me.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think it's a beautiful jacket/top that looks elegant with the matching pants. I really don't care what someone considers "in" - if I like it then I'll wear it. I'm only 5'3" so I prefer the shorter jackets....longer jackets (excluding outerwear) are always way too long, and petite jackets are too short for my arms.