Regular Contributor

Re: Really, QVC.......you miss Joan?

regarding the hosts' remembrances, I really think they were showing respect for Joan's dislike of sentimentality as Lisa mentioned and kept it simple as she would prefer. They were speaking from the heart of their personal memories and I found it very touching and I know how difficult it was so kudos to them. I would like to be able to see all of the hosts' talks since I only was able to see a few of them.

Honored Contributor

I don't recall a lengthy tribute to Jeanne Bice either, who has made a significant contribution to QVC's sales dollars. The best tribute they might do would be to find a way to continue JR's product line for her fans. But that might be up to her daughter.

Respected Contributor

Did any of the QVC hosts or executives go to Joan's memorial in NYC today? I wonder.

Honored Contributor

On 9/7/2014 GraceCO said:

Did any of the QVC hosts or executives go to Joan's memorial in NYC today? I wonder.

I'm thinking the funeral service was by invitation only. Not sure who was on the list of invitees.

Contributor

"Oh, Grow Up!" -Joan Rivers

Respected Contributor

On 9/7/2014 Krimpette said:
On 9/7/2014 GraceCO said:

I'm thinking the funeral service was by invitation only. Not sure who was on the list of invitees.

That's true. I hope her closest QVC friends were invited--so many of them clearly loved her.

Super Contributor

On 9/7/2014 kittymomNC said:

If you click on that bar, you see a very lovely picture and the beautiful video compilation of Joan on QVC...it brings a both a smile and some tears. There are over 3,856 replies from people who apparently appreciated Joan and also appreciate QVC for remembering her. They've had the bigger picture of her up for days... they ARE, after all, a shopping channel. And at some point, this will all go away.

I don't think this in any way shows any disrespect for Joan at all, and I'm sure all the people at QVC who knew her and were friends over the years, are heartbroken. Whether or not her picture is in the center of the home page of this website takes nothing away from that.

VERY WELL SAID ! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Super Contributor

WHEZY, it blows my mind that a woman could be so low-class and trivial to post a thread this pitiful at a time like this. You have just shown thousands of people your true colors.

SHAME ON YOU. {#emotions_dlg.angry}

Super Contributor

On 9/7/2014 too cute said:

Can we talk? Joan was brilliant, creative, and absolutely fearless! While both QVC and Joan Rivers Worldwide benefited from their association, she deserves more than the forced smiles and tearful eyes from show hosts. She helped to build your company. Grow up!

I loved watching this beautiful inspirational Tribute to Joan....

Thank you QVC for providing this to all of us...

Why all the negativity from some... She was wonderful.. Brought laughter, & Joy to all of us..{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

So sad that there are some not such nice comments from some...{#emotions_dlg.sad}

Trusted Contributor

On 9/7/2014 Remee said:
On 9/7/2014 kittymomNC said:

If you click on that bar, you see a very lovely picture and the beautiful video compilation of Joan on QVC...it brings a both a smile and some tears. There are over 3,856 replies from people who apparently appreciated Joan and also appreciate QVC for remembering her. They've had the bigger picture of her up for days... they ARE, after all, a shopping channel. And at some point, this will all go away.

I don't think this in any way shows any disrespect for Joan at all, and I'm sure all the people at QVC who knew her and were friends over the years, are heartbroken. Whether or not her picture is in the center of the home page of this website takes nothing away from that.

VERY WELL SAID ! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

I typed my own post, but then realized that I couldn't say it any better than you. Thank you.