Regular Contributor

Re: Really, QVC.......you miss Joan?

The Dash Inspirational Movie - Making a difference in your life!

http://play.simpletruths.com/movie/the-dash-poem/

Joan rest in peace! You are now one of those beatufiul angels who are among us

Regular Contributor

On 9/9/2014 Jackie6 said: Not sure what they could have done but I take a different opinion on something else. I have seen two pics of the QVC people at the memorial service posing outside with big smiles on their faces. This is a memorial service for someone who passed away very unexpectedly and they are posing like they are at a wedding. Seemed more than a bit inappropriate to me. Also to the person who said JR was better than Carson I have to agree to disagree with you. while I found her very funny and very nice when I met her once, as an interviewer, no one could beat Carson. That's just my two cents for the night.
That was my exact thought when i saw the pics.
Honored Contributor

I think Q did more than enough to recognize Joan. It may sound harsh but I don't understand the need for a business to mourn for a lengthy time.

As for the rest of us, Joan was not our best friend or a relative. She was a tv icon who did a lot of nice things and was very successful. People admired her whether or not they liked her style of comedy. That's quite a legacy.

Honored Contributor

On 9/8/2014 KathyPet said: I just don't understand what more people want from QVC. Should the hosts be falling apart from grief, tearing their clothes and falling on the floor in tears? QVC'S on line tribute to Joan is lovely and appropriate. Perhaps something more will follow in the form of a tribute show but I don't get what more people want.

ITA. I thought their tribute was very well thought out, and very sincere, It was also very timely. They had their sympathies out the day she passed. They really meant it, and the Hosts tributes to her were very heart felt. You could tell she was respected and loved there at QVC