Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: Really, QVC.......you miss Joan?

although I didn't care for her type of comic. I did admire her for her work ethic and her generousity. From what I have read and heard, she was a very very caring and giving person. It is still hard to believe she is gone

Super Contributor

On 9/9/2014 mydora said:

although I didn't care for her type of comic. I did admire her for her work ethic and her generousity. From what I have read and heard, she was a very very caring and giving person. It is still hard to believe she is gone

She was very generous. Joan had many ups n downs and that IMO gave the gratitude she didn't take it for granted. A true star
Super Contributor

She was very well remembered the entire weekend by QVC and in very good taste I might add. They had a large picture of her on their web site and each new host that came on throughout the day and night had something to say. I think they handled the very sad situation very well.........!!

Super Contributor

On 9/9/2014 NanaS said:

She was very well remembered the entire weekend by QVC and in very good taste I might add. They had a large picture of her on their web site and each new host that came on throughout the day and night had something to say. I think they handled the very sad situation very well.........!!

Well your certainly entitled to your opinion . Personally yes it was handled in good taste but as far as the tons of money she made for QVC and the fact that Joan has been in the public eye for fifty years I felt she deserved more. Jeanne Bice was entertaining and a larger than life personality but she wasn't an icon and when she left after her qvc apperences she went home until her next date unlike Joan who was a constant in our lives. When Joan left QVC we would still see her in interviews,online,fashion police etc etc. Joan was not just the average vendor we got to know she was a Star
Respected Contributor

I can't even imagine the millions of dollars Joan brought to QVC. Enormous! If no one continues her line, what will the Q do to bring in that amount of money?

Super Contributor

On 9/9/2014 di-mc said:

I can't even imagine the millions of dollars Joan brought to QVC. Enormous! If no one continues her line, what will the Q do to bring in that amount of money?

Media reports have it at a billion dollars
Regular Contributor

Not sure what they could have done but I take a different opinion on something else. I have seen two pics of the QVC people at the memorial service posing outside with big smiles on their faces. This is a memorial service for someone who passed away very unexpectedly and they are posing like they are at a wedding. Seemed more than a bit inappropriate to me. Also to the person who said JR was better than Carson I have to agree to disagree with you. while I found her very funny and very nice when I met her once, as an interviewer, no one could beat Carson. That's just my two cents for the night.
Honored Contributor

On 9/9/2014 di-mc said:

You DO realize that Joan's profits on the sales were much higher than what QVC got from it, don't you?

Super Contributor

On 9/9/2014 Jackie6 said: Not sure what they could have done but I take a different opinion on something else. I have seen two pics of the QVC people at the memorial service posing outside with big smiles on their faces. This is a memorial service for someone who passed away very unexpectedly and they are posing like they are at a wedding. Seemed more than a bit inappropriate to me. Also to the person who said JR was better than Carson I have to agree to disagree with you. while I found her very funny and very nice when I met her once, as an interviewer, no one could beat Carson. That's just my two cents for the night.
I agree and thought it looked like tourists taking selfies in New York. Poor taste imho
Super Contributor

On 9/9/2014 blossompie said:
On 9/9/2014 Jackie6 said: Not sure what they could have done but I take a different opinion on something else. I have seen two pics of the QVC people at the memorial service posing outside with big smiles on their faces. This is a memorial service for someone who passed away very unexpectedly and they are posing like they are at a wedding. Seemed more than a bit inappropriate to me. Also to the person who said JR was better than Carson I have to agree to disagree with you. while I found her very funny and very nice when I met her once, as an interviewer, no one could beat Carson. That's just my two cents for the night.
I agree and thought it looked like tourists taking selfies in New York. Poor taste imho
I'm the one who made the Carson comment and that's my opinion. Yes Johnny was good but Joan asked the gossipy questions and I loved it