Super Contributor

Re: Really, QVC.......you miss Joan?

Thank you for posting that. Hopefully that will shut them up?

I swear this place never ceases to amaze me!

Super Contributor

On 9/8/2014 blossompie said:
On 9/8/2014 Colonel Meow said:
On 9/8/2014 KathyPet said: I just don't understand what more people want from QVC. Should the hosts be falling apart from grief, tearing their clothes and falling on the floor in tears? QVC'S on line tribute to Joan is lovely and appropriate. Perhaps something more will follow in the form of a tribute show but I don't get what more people want.

I agree.

Who said we who loved Joan expected the hosts to rip off their clothes and cry? What we feel is she deserved something better than what they did. And yes I'm hoping something is planned for the future regarding a deserving tribute to Joan but your taking our meaning out of contex just to be a smart rhymes with lass and it's not appreciated. If you aren't interested in Joan than why are you on this thread??

My goodness, that's a bit rude. I liked Joan just fine, and I'm entitled to read and comment on any thread I care to.

And when doing so, I generally try to refrain from insulting other posters who simply disagree with my opinion. No need for name-calling.

I'm off to bed, but I do wish you a good night. Smile

Super Contributor

On 9/8/2014 KathyPet said: I just don't understand what more people want from QVC. Should the hosts be falling apart from grief, tearing their clothes and falling on the floor in tears? QVC'S on line tribute to Joan is lovely and appropriate. Perhaps something more will follow in the form of a tribute show but I don't get what more people want.

I agree.

Who said we who loved Joan expected the hosts to rip off their clothes and cry? What we feel is she deserved something better than what they did. And yes I'm hoping something is planned for the future regarding a deserving tribute to Joan but your taking our meaning out of contex just to be a smart rhymes with lass and it's not appreciated. If you aren't interested in Joan than why are you on this thread??

My goodness, that's a bit rude. I liked Joan just fine, and I'm entitled to read and comment on any thread I care to.

And when doing so, I generally try to refrain from insulting other posters who simply disagree with my opinion. No need for name-calling.

I didn't call you names. Your the one who took what we said about the tribute and twisted it into something else. All I'm saying a few other loyal Joan Rangers is that we felt she deserved more. Now what do we have Lisa Rhinna, oh well now there's a sincere woman. Yuk
Honored Contributor

Were any posters invited to her service?
Regular Contributor

I agree.

I didn't call you names. Your the one who took what we said about the tribute and twisted it into something else. All I'm saying a few other loyal Joan Rangers is that we felt she deserved more. Now what do we have Lisa Rhinna, oh well now there's a sincere woman. Yuk

I am certain that it would warm anyone's heart to know that this is the manner in which they might be remembered.

Respected Contributor

Qvc has a lot of other vendors. Not everyone was a follower of Joan. I'm sorry for her loss, and I recognize her popularity among her fans. However, I never even was aware when she was on, and I'm.sure I'm.not the only one. Her items did not interest me. Likewise her other ventures. My point in saying that is that not everyone who.purchases from QVC was a Joan customer. So for them to shut down programming, therefore pre empting other vendors does not make sense to.me. They had a nice online tribute, some hosts attended her funeral, hosts have spoken and written about her. I would think that is appropriate. But now business must continue.
If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Honored Contributor

On 9/7/2014 whezy said:

I see her memorial photo on your Web page has been relegated to a small bar instead of a streaming full shot. I would have thought you would at least leave it streaming through her funeral on Sunday. According to all news reports her lines on QVC sold over a billion dollars for your bottom line......that should deserve a little recognition.

They gave more than a little recognition ...... but the size of the photo certainly doesn't show disrespect! The media will milk her career and service for all they can get, but it's time to move on, honoring her legacy. {#emotions_dlg.unsure}

I hope David Dangle continues to represent the line ... and they don't close down the fashion and jewelry companies.

Esteemed Contributor

On 9/7/2014 par52 said:

I have previously suggested they have an hour of air time paying tribute to her and her life, that's right QVC, how about not selling your products for one single hour to pay respect to the woman who contributed immensely to what QVC is today.

So you want a hour set aside for QVC people to do nothing but talk about Joan??? It would have to be just QVC people and people from her company because others who knew her would be unable to appear due to contract limitations. Video tape of Joan would also have to be limited to,taped QVC shows since QVC can hardly show tape from other sources such as news programs.
Honored Contributor

When Jeanne Bice passed away, I believe the first QF show where Angel was the rep for the line, was a tribute show to Jeanne. However, they sold QF merchandise the entire show.

I suspect that perhaps they will do that for Joan. Q isn't going to shut down programming to do nothing but talk about Joan. This is a shopping channel. They are on air to sell merchandise.

Super Contributor

Once again my meaning was taken out of contex. I'm not saying QVC has to stop programming and honor Joan all day, all I'm saying is Joan was more than a vendor she is a legend icon and deserved something more. Jeanne Bice was great but she was not in the same category as Joan. Good Lord some of you just have to be combative. There are many Joan Rangers out here who agree with me and want more from QVC regarding Joan. Sorry but selling stuff while remembering someone is tacky