Super Contributor

Re: Really, QVC.......you miss Joan?

On 9/7/2014 too cute said:

Can we talk? Joan was brilliant, creative, and absolutely fearless! While both QVC and Joan Rivers Worldwide benefited from their association, she deserves more than the forced smiles and tearful eyes from show hosts. She helped to build your company. Grow up!

I couldn't have said it better. I'm very very disappointed how QVC decided to tribute Joan. Generic and she deserves wayyyyyyyyy better. I'm hoping they read this and give Joan her due respects!!! Joan was always the underdog in life and I was hoping QVC would have went all out for her with something really special. I also may add that yes Johnny Carson was good but JOAN WAS BETTER!
Occasional Contributor

As far as the remark if any of the hosts went to Joan Rivers funeral, Jane Treacy, Jill Bauer, Lisa Robertson, Rick Domeier, Marybeth Roe and Kathy Levine were there. Jill posted a picture on her facebook page.
Super Contributor

On 9/7/2014 vaccinia said:

It saddens me when someone finds the need to criticize someone else for the way they express their grief.

Why are people so mean
Super Contributor

On 9/7/2014 VaBelle35 said:

For crying out loud, grow up. She was a wonderful woman and a big part of QVC, but get real already.

And you know what? After the funeral today, don't be surprised if the banner comes down. I'm not sure how long you all think we need to stay in mourning here, but it's going to come down eventually, so get your panties prepped.

Omg u are beyond rude and cold hearted
Honored Contributor

On 9/8/2014 blossompie said:

It saddens me when someone finds the need to criticize someone else for the way they express their grief.

It's not about criticism it's about what's right and Joan deserved more than a 30 second video. Sorry but that's how I feel. A billion dollars she brought in and a 30 second clip?? Umm ok
Maybe something else is being planned. There really hasn't been sufficient time to plan a special show-perhaps to tie in with the offering of her new items that have recently been uploaded to the web site, and others that are in production. That is not Q's expertise--memorium type shows that CNN or ABC etc pull together with their massive production operations. Plus Q needs to plan & coordinate with David Dangle/Joan's company. Have you posted your wishes in the Suggestion section? Q should read these comments and suggestions, plus those about continuing her line, new bee pins etc. But, I also believe Joan left instructions or her wishes as it pertains to what should occur with her various business ventures, and that needs to be honored. We probably won't know the business plan for at least weeks if not longer. It would be great if Q continued with the scheduled Sept 12th shows to promote the new items, planned clearance items and to share what they can about the future. Lots of great ideas on this board-hope Q is reading them...

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Super Contributor

On 9/8/2014 Chi-town girl said:
On 9/8/2014 blossompie said:

It's not about criticism it's about what's right and Joan deserved more than a 30 second video. Sorry but that's how I feel. A billion dollars she brought in and a 30 second clip?? Umm ok
Maybe something else is being planned. There really hasn't been sufficient time to plan a special show-perhaps to tie in with the offering of her new items that have recently been uploaded to the web site, and others that are in production. That is not Q's expertise--memorium type shows that CNN or ABC etc pull together with their massive production operations. Plus Q needs to plan & coordinate with David Dangle/Joan's company. Have you posted your wishes in the Suggestion section? Q should read these comments and suggestions, plus those about continuing her line, new bee pins etc. But, I also believe Joan left instructions or her wishes as it pertains to what should occur with her various business ventures, and that needs to be honored. We probably won't know the business plan for at least weeks if not longer. It would be great if Q continued with the scheduled Sept 12th shows to promote the new items, planned clearance items and to share what they can about the future. Lots of great ideas on this board-hope Q is reading them...
I agree Joan probably did have this discussed if something should happen. And in time we will find out but as far as a tribute I still think more should have been done. She made QVC a lot of money not only from her line but she gave the network a lot of publicity that I'm sure led to sales from other lines who tuned in to see joan. She deserved more Also let's not confuse Joan with the typical QVC vendor with a phony smile telling the viewer their Soap is going to change your life or that their perfume will make a tall dark handsome stranger offer a proposal if you wear it, she was a personality a legend a icon.
Esteemed Contributor

I just don't understand what more people want from QVC. Should the hosts be falling apart from grief, tearing their clothes and falling on the floor in tears? QVC'S on line tribute to Joan is lovely and appropriate. Perhaps something more will follow in the form of a tribute show but I don't get what more people want.
Super Contributor

On 9/8/2014 KathyPet said: I just don't understand what more people want from QVC. Should the hosts be falling apart from grief, tearing their clothes and falling on the floor in tears? QVC'S on line tribute to Joan is lovely and appropriate. Perhaps something more will follow in the form of a tribute show but I don't get what more people want.

I agree.

Super Contributor

On 9/8/2014 Colonel Meow said:
On 9/8/2014 KathyPet said: I just don't understand what more people want from QVC. Should the hosts be falling apart from grief, tearing their clothes and falling on the floor in tears? QVC'S on line tribute to Joan is lovely and appropriate. Perhaps something more will follow in the form of a tribute show but I don't get what more people want.

I agree.

Who said we who loved Joan expected the hosts to rip off their clothes and cry? What we feel is she deserved something better than what they did. And yes I'm hoping something is planned for the future regarding a deserving tribute to Joan but your taking our meaning out of contex just to be a smart rhymes with lass and it's not appreciated. If you aren't interested in Joan than why are you on this thread??
Honored Contributor

~ house cat ~