Honored Contributor

Re: Really, QVC.......you miss Joan?

QVC was but one aspect of this remarkable woman's remarkable life and career. QVC has recognized Joan and her passing in a way that seems appropriate to me and my guess is they will continue to do so in some way. I get it that many of us are feeling her loss significantly and, not knowing her, have no real way to commiserate with others or mourn her passing, as do those who were actually fortunate enough to have her as part of their real lives. Still, it's important to be both realistic and fair with regard to expectations about what QVC should and shouldn't do to commemorate her life and her death.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Occasional Contributor

For heaven's sake. They just can't please everyone I'm sure. They have had every host sometimes multiple times talk about what Joan meant to them and run the tribute video. I think they have done a lovely job honoring their friend Joan.

Super Contributor

They have done quite a bit, Hosts have had heartfelt sentiments on air, hosts wearing her pins, tributes on homepage and facebook. They did a fabulous job!

Respected Contributor

On 9/7/2014 whezy said:

I see her memorial photo on your Web page has been relegated to a small bar instead of a streaming full shot. I would have thought you would at least leave it streaming through her funeral on Sunday. According to all news reports her lines on QVC sold over a billion dollars for your bottom line......that should deserve a little recognition.

QVC did. I think yesterday or a few days ago there was a full banner picture of Joan Rivers on QVC's front page and a few hosts said some nice things about Joan, too.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Trusted Contributor

It saddens me when someone finds the need to criticize someone else for the way they express their grief.

Trusted Contributor

I think QVC has done a very effective and appropriate job of memorializing Joan Rivers. I have seen her relationship with QVC mentioned in several news articles about her life and death. No criticisms from me.

Valued Contributor

On 9/7/2014 stevieb said:

QVC was but one aspect of this remarkable woman's remarkable life and career. QVC has recognized Joan and her passing in a way that seems appropriate to me and my guess is they will continue to do so in some way. I get it that many of us are feeling her loss significantly and, not knowing her, have no real way to commiserate with others or mourn her passing, as do those who were actually fortunate enough to have her as part of their real lives. Still, it's important to be both realistic and fair with regard to expectations about what QVC should and shouldn't do to commemorate her life and her death.

Perfectly said.
Super Contributor

On 9/7/2014 whezy said:

I see her memorial photo on your Web page has been relegated to a small bar instead of a streaming full shot. I would have thought you would at least leave it streaming through her funeral on Sunday. According to all news reports her lines on QVC sold over a billion dollars for your bottom line......that should deserve a little recognition.

AMEN! I also think she deserves more than a 30 second video in between set changes. Very disappointed
Trusted Contributor

Maybe the OP would like QVC to shut down all programming for a few days. Your post is ridiculous. QVC management and hosts have done a great job honoring Joan. If you click on community and forums there is still a beautiful photo and dedication of Joan. Maybe you should look before posting.
Respected Contributor

"The show must go on", and QVC just followed her words because they are a company in the business of selling items, and they did post a very nice acknowledgement regarding Joan's passing.

Of course they will miss her as she was their vendor and friend for so many years.

QVC made profits from Joan's items, and so did Joan, and we as the purchaser's also benefited......so all in all it was a win win situation for everyone.

Joan remarked publicly that she was so thankful for her association with QVC, and the sales stemming from QVC, as well as for her QVC fans. Joan had stated publicly without QVC she never would have made so many friends, and had so many sales.

We all will miss her, but nevertheless as Joan always said "The show must go on"......and it shall.