Frequent Contributor

Really, QVC.......you miss Joan?

I see her memorial photo on your Web page has been relegated to a small bar instead of a streaming full shot. I would have thought you would at least leave it streaming through her funeral on Sunday. According to all news reports her lines on QVC sold over a billion dollars for your bottom line......that should deserve a little recognition.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Really, QVC.......you miss Joan?

If you click on that bar, you see a very lovely picture and the beautiful video compilation of Joan on QVC...it brings a both a smile and some tears. There are over 3,856 replies from people who apparently appreciated Joan and also appreciate QVC for remembering her. They've had the bigger picture of her up for days... they ARE, after all, a shopping channel. And at some point, this will all go away.

I don't think this in any way shows any disrespect for Joan at all, and I'm sure all the people at QVC who knew her and were friends over the years, are heartbroken. Whether or not her picture is in the center of the home page of this website takes nothing away from that.

Honored Contributor

For crying out loud, grow up. She was a wonderful woman and a big part of QVC, but get real already.

And you know what? After the funeral today, don't be surprised if the banner comes down. I'm not sure how long you all think we need to stay in mourning here, but it's going to come down eventually, so get your panties prepped.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

Mine is still a full photo.

Occasional Contributor

Can we talk? Joan was brilliant, creative, and absolutely fearless! While both QVC and Joan Rivers Worldwide benefited from their association, she deserves more than the forced smiles and tearful eyes from show hosts. She helped to build your company. Grow up!

Honored Contributor

QVC has paid major tribute to Joan and I appreciate them for that.

Also, outside of the QVC "family," almost none of the tributes to her even mention her success here. That surprises me, but does not dismay me. Her world was extremely varied and she lived well, succeeded well in many aspects of that life. In fact, just an hour ago, my BIL, a Jewish man just a bit older than Joan, brought up her death. When I mentioned a photo tribute to her that I saw last night right before midnight, he said "Oh, I forgot about that part of her life."

I'm headed in a few days to the funeral of one of my best friends. She died this week, too. She was also 81, also a widow, also leaves, among others, a daughter Melissa's age, etc. As well as I knew her, as much as we talked over the years, I expect to hear stories this week I've never heard before. I expect to see people I wasn't even aware had known her. And I also know from my initial talk with her oldest son that life in the family is already going on - because it has to, because it should, because it will.

One of the most amazing and wonderful aspects of Joan was her energy and her ability to move successfully from one aspect of her life to another. We and QVC honor her best by living and giving, rather than by sitting and crying.

Honored Contributor

On 9/7/2014 too cute said:

Can we talk? Joan was brilliant, creative, and absolutely fearless! While both QVC and Joan Rivers Worldwide benefited from their association, she deserves more than the forced smiles and tearful eyes from show hosts. She helped to build your company. Grow up!

What is it you suggest that they do?

Frequent Contributor

I have previously suggested they have an hour of air time paying tribute to her and her life, that's right QVC, how about not selling your products for one single hour to pay respect to the woman who contributed immensely to what QVC is today.

Esteemed Contributor

On 9/7/2014 millieshops said:

QVC has paid major tribute to Joan and I appreciate them for that.

Also, outside of the QVC "family," almost none of the tributes to her even mention her success here. That surprises me, but does not dismay me. Her world was extremely varied and she lived well, succeeded well in many aspects of that life. In fact, just an hour ago, my BIL, a Jewish man just a bit older than Joan, brought up her death. When I mentioned a photo tribute to her that I saw last night right before midnight, he said "Oh, I forgot about that part of her life."

I'm headed in a few days to the funeral of one of my best friends. She died this week, too. She was also 81, also a widow, also leaves, among others, a daughter Melissa's age, etc. As well as I knew her, as much as we talked over the years, I expect to hear stories this week I've never heard before. I expect to see people I wasn't even aware had known her. And I also know from my initial talk with her oldest son that life in the family is already going on - because it has to, because it should, because it will.

One of the most amazing and wonderful aspects of Joan was her energy and her ability to move successfully from one aspect of her life to another. We and QVC honor her best by living and giving, rather than by sitting and crying.

Very well stated. Joan would be right in the middle of everything if she were alive, but she's not. I doubt seriously that she would want people arguing and fighting and trashing QVC because of her death. {#emotions_dlg.unsure}

Respected Contributor

Perhaps some of you have forgotten already - Nolan Miller also passed away. He was quite a staple for QVC for some time, and a charming, delightful man and true gentleman. I know he was very close to Mary Beth, and I personally have missed him through the past years. The kind of a man with whom you couldn't possibly find fault. His jewelry was beautiful, and I really treasure those pieces I have, like a ring with a pearl on each end - he said it was the first ring he ever designed.

But QVC is a business. They have to look toward the future, not dwell in the past. For me, all the comments made by the hosts and by QVC have been quite special and appropriate, but all things must come to an end and QVC will have to discontinue their comments and tributes to Joan, just as they did with Nolan Miller. It would be foolish of us to expect anything else.

Thank you QVC for the tribute you have paid to one of your long time vendors, Joan Rivers.