Reply
Honored Contributor
Posts: 16,432
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Really? $121.00 Casual Shirt?


@blingqueen023 wrote:

@DebbieDD wrote:
There are shirts like this in every price range, just as is the case with most things. You can probably find one that costs $20 all the way up to $2000 for designer. Dies not have to be anything special either. Just buy what works for you.

I never understand why people choose to comment on price which often come across as insulting to those who choose to buy the pricier item.

Well said!   Not everbody's retired!!


@blingqueen023, being retired doesn't at all indicate any particular income level.


~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor
Posts: 16,767
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Really? $121.00 Casual Shirt?

What is there to "understand" about pricing?  That is what the price is.  Either. you like it or don't, need it or don't, can afford it or can't, want to spend that much or don't.

 

What is there to understand about that?  Some do, some don't.  Isn't everything that way from canned peas to cars and houses and vacations? Things come in all price ranges now. 



Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,585
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Really? $121.00 Casual Shirt?


@suzyQ3 wrote:

@blingqueen023 wrote:

@DebbieDD wrote:
There are shirts like this in every price range, just as is the case with most things. You can probably find one that costs $20 all the way up to $2000 for designer. Dies not have to be anything special either. Just buy what works for you.

I never understand why people choose to comment on price which often come across as insulting to those who choose to buy the pricier item.

Well said!   Not everbody's retired!!


@blingqueen023, being retired doesn't at all indicate any particular income level.


@suzyQ3 that's your inaccurate opinion.   

Honored Contributor
Posts: 27,044
Registered: ‎06-11-2011

Re: Really? $121.00 Casual Shirt?

Honored Contributor
Posts: 16,432
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Really? $121.00 Casual Shirt?


@blingqueen023 wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@blingqueen023 wrote:

@DebbieDD wrote:
There are shirts like this in every price range, just as is the case with most things. You can probably find one that costs $20 all the way up to $2000 for designer. Dies not have to be anything special either. Just buy what works for you.

I never understand why people choose to comment on price which often come across as insulting to those who choose to buy the pricier item.

Well said!   Not everbody's retired!!


@blingqueen023, being retired doesn't at all indicate any particular income level.


@suzyQ3 that's your inaccurate opinion.   


What the heck, @blingqueen023 ?

 

Surely we have many retirees/elderly who struggle or whose income is limited. But there are also countless wealthy people in this group, a group who is often targeted by retailers.

 

It was a simple and factual statement on my part; please don't make this personal. If you have facts that dispute it, that's fine.

 

From Bloomberg ( and there are many such sources):

 

One of every six retirees in the U.S. is a millionaire (if you include the value of their homes), according to the new report. Their average wealth has risen more than 100 percent since 1989, to $752,000, and the share of those who are millionaires has doubled.


~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,585
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Really? $121.00 Casual Shirt?


@suzyQ3 wrote:

@blingqueen023 wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@blingqueen023 wrote:

@DebbieDD wrote:
There are shirts like this in every price range, just as is the case with most things. You can probably find one that costs $20 all the way up to $2000 for designer. Dies not have to be anything special either. Just buy what works for you.

I never understand why people choose to comment on price which often come across as insulting to those who choose to buy the pricier item.

Well said!   Not everbody's retired!!


@blingqueen023, being retired doesn't at all indicate any particular income level.


@suzyQ3 that's your inaccurate opinion.   


What the heck, @blingqueen023 ?

 

Surely we have many retirees/elderly who struggle or whose income is limited. But there are also countless wealthy people in this group, a group who is often targeted by retailers.

 

It was a simple and factual statement on my part; please don't make this personal. If you have facts that dispute it, that's fine.

 

From Bloomberg ( and there are many such sources):

 

One of every six retirees in the U.S. is a millionaire (if you include the value of their homes), according to the new report. Their average wealth has risen more than 100 percent since 1989, to $752,000, and the share of those who are millionaires has doubled.


@suzyQ3 what the heck? who said this was personal? i sure didn't.   I will leave it at this.  You have your opinion and I have mine.  it's been stated.  One thing I've learned on these boards is to not say too much because the OP always states things that haven't been said at all.   Just not worth the aggravation that causes.  Enjoy the rest of the weekend.  

Honored Contributor
Posts: 16,432
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Really? $121.00 Casual Shirt?


@blingqueen023 wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@blingqueen023 wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@blingqueen023 wrote:

@DebbieDD wrote:
There are shirts like this in every price range, just as is the case with most things. You can probably find one that costs $20 all the way up to $2000 for designer. Dies not have to be anything special either. Just buy what works for you.

I never understand why people choose to comment on price which often come across as insulting to those who choose to buy the pricier item.

Well said!   Not everbody's retired!!


@blingqueen023, being retired doesn't at all indicate any particular income level.


@suzyQ3 that's your inaccurate opinion.   


What the heck, @blingqueen023 ?

 

Surely we have many retirees/elderly who struggle or whose income is limited. But there are also countless wealthy people in this group, a group who is often targeted by retailers.

 

It was a simple and factual statement on my part; please don't make this personal. If you have facts that dispute it, that's fine.

 

From Bloomberg ( and there are many such sources):

 

One of every six retirees in the U.S. is a millionaire (if you include the value of their homes), according to the new report. Their average wealth has risen more than 100 percent since 1989, to $752,000, and the share of those who are millionaires has doubled.


@suzyQ3 what the heck? who said this was personal? i sure didn't.   I will leave it at this.  You have your opinion and I have mine.  it's been stated.  One thing I've learned on these boards is to not say too much because the OP always states things that haven't been said at all.   Just not worth the aggravation that causes.  Enjoy the rest of the weekend.  


@blingqueen023, fine, but I'm sorry, the facts are that your statement is not correct. You are entitled to your opinion; you are not entitled to your facts.

 

As for the stuff about OPs, I have no clue, so no comment.

 

You have a good weekend, too.


~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,585
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Really? $121.00 Casual Shirt?


@suzyQ3 wrote:

@blingqueen023 wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@blingqueen023 wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@blingqueen023 wrote:

@DebbieDD wrote:
There are shirts like this in every price range, just as is the case with most things. You can probably find one that costs $20 all the way up to $2000 for designer. Dies not have to be anything special either. Just buy what works for you.

I never understand why people choose to comment on price which often come across as insulting to those who choose to buy the pricier item.

Well said!   Not everbody's retired!!


@blingqueen023, being retired doesn't at all indicate any particular income level.


@suzyQ3 that's your inaccurate opinion.   


What the heck, @blingqueen023 ?

 

Surely we have many retirees/elderly who struggle or whose income is limited. But there are also countless wealthy people in this group, a group who is often targeted by retailers.

 

It was a simple and factual statement on my part; please don't make this personal. If you have facts that dispute it, that's fine.

 

From Bloomberg ( and there are many such sources):

 

One of every six retirees in the U.S. is a millionaire (if you include the value of their homes), according to the new report. Their average wealth has risen more than 100 percent since 1989, to $752,000, and the share of those who are millionaires has doubled.


@suzyQ3 what the heck? who said this was personal? i sure didn't.   I will leave it at this.  You have your opinion and I have mine.  it's been stated.  One thing I've learned on these boards is to not say too much because the OP always states things that haven't been said at all.   Just not worth the aggravation that causes.  Enjoy the rest of the weekend.  


@blingqueen023, fine, but I'm sorry, the facts are that your statement is not correct. You are entitled to your opinion; you are not entitled to your facts.

 

As for the stuff about OPs, I have no clue, so no comment.

 

You have a good weekend, too.


@suzyQ3  You don’t count as anything to me to tell me i’m Not entitled to my facts.  I don’t take orders from you and never will.  I just stated an opinion and you couldn’t handle it obviously.  This is whyI don’t post much on these boards.  You say something and you have to make a mountain out of a molehill.  As you always do. So be it.  

Honored Contributor
Posts: 16,767
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Really? $121.00 Casual Shirt?


@blingqueen023 wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@blingqueen023 wrote:

@DebbieDD wrote:
There are shirts like this in every price range, just as is the case with most things. You can probably find one that costs $20 all the way up to $2000 for designer. Dies not have to be anything special either. Just buy what works for you.

I never understand why people choose to comment on price which often come across as insulting to those who choose to buy the pricier item.

Well said!   Not everbody's retired!!


@blingqueen023, being retired doesn't at all indicate any particular income level.


@suzyQ3 that's your inaccurate opinion.   


@suzyQ3 Some make more retired than before; some had so much to begin with it doesn't matter.  All people are different. 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 27,031
Registered: ‎03-12-2010

Re: Really? $121.00 Casual Shirt?

Well, either you think it's worth it or you don't...if you don't like it or think it's worth the money, don't buy it.

 

That's what's usually said here.  I agree.  It's easy for me to NOT buy it at that price.