Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Really? $121.00 Casual Shirt?

@suzyQ3 

Too bad the defensiveness of some gets in the way of their ability to understand.  Sorry you had to get the brunt of all that.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sooner wrote:

@Blingqueen023 wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Blingqueen023 wrote:

@DebbieDD wrote:
There are shirts like this in every price range, just as is the case with most things. You can probably find one that costs $20 all the way up to $2000 for designer. Dies not have to be anything special either. Just buy what works for you.

I never understand why people choose to comment on price which often come across as insulting to those who choose to buy the pricier item.

Well said!   Not everbody's retired!!

@Blingqueen023, being retired doesn't at all indicate any particular income level.

@suzyQ3 that's your inaccurate opinion.   

@suzyQ3 Some make more retired than before; some had so much to begin with it doesn't matter.  All people are different. 

Exactly, @Sooner . That's really all I was saying to @Blingqueen023 

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@Blingqueen023 wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Blingqueen023 wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Blingqueen023 wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Blingqueen023 wrote:

@DebbieDD wrote:
There are shirts like this in every price range, just as is the case with most things. You can probably find one that costs $20 all the way up to $2000 for designer. Dies not have to be anything special either. Just buy what works for you.

I never understand why people choose to comment on price which often come across as insulting to those who choose to buy the pricier item.

Well said!   Not everbody's retired!!

@Blingqueen023, being retired doesn't at all indicate any particular income level.

@suzyQ3 that's your inaccurate opinion.   

What the heck, @Blingqueen023 ?

Surely we have many retirees/elderly who struggle or whose income is limited. But there are also countless wealthy people in this group, a group who is often targeted by retailers.

It was a simple and factual statement on my part; please don't make this personal. If you have facts that dispute it, that's fine.

From Bloomberg ( and there are many such sources):

One of every six retirees in the U.S. is a millionaire (if you include the value of their homes), according to the new report. Their average wealth has risen more than 100 percent since 1989, to $752,000, and the share of those who are millionaires has doubled.

@suzyQ3 what the heck? who said this was personal? i sure didn't.   I will leave it at this.  You have your opinion and I have mine.  it's been stated.  One thing I've learned on these boards is to not say too much because the OP always states things that haven't been said at all.   Just not worth the aggravation that causes.  Enjoy the rest of the weekend.  

@Blingqueen023, fine, but I'm sorry, the facts are that your statement is not correct. You are entitled to your opinion; you are not entitled to your facts.

As for the stuff about OPs, I have no clue, so no comment.

You have a good weekend, too.

@suzyQ3  You don’t count as anything to me to tell me i’m Not entitled to my facts.  I don’t take orders from you and never will.  I just stated an opinion and you couldn’t handle it obviously.  This is whyI don’t post much on these boards.  You say something and you have to make a mountain out of a molehill.  As you always do. So be it.  

@Blingqueen023, I apologize: The actual wise saying is "You're entitled to your opinion; you're not entitled to your OWN facts." Oh, and thanks for not getting personal. :-)

On a more serious note, when someone has a hair trigger temper or overreaction to innocuous comments or anything else, it's not a healthful or enjoyable way to live. We all have our moments. It's good to sit back and take a deep breath.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

@suzyQ3 

Too bad the defensiveness of some gets in the way of their ability to understand.  Sorry you had to get the brunt of all that.

@GingerPeach Heart

Respected Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

@suzyQ3 

@GingerPeach  Oh please if one of @suzyQ3  Cronies said her opinion that she didn’t like it would have been ok.  Keep your two cents to yourself.   Anything that’s said that your princess doesn’t agree with the calvery comes out.  How pathetic!

Honored Contributor

I have paid this price for tops I loved...not retired yet, but I don’t think that will make a difference in what I pay for my clothing, once I am.  

Many of us have planned for our retirements and expect that our lives will go on more or less the same when that day comes.  

Esteemed Contributor

If I wanted one, I would buy it.  For the price I would expect it not to be made in China.  I’d rather spend $100 on my horse and my local animal shelter.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

When did one's choices in purchasing power become a war zone?  

I admit I am on the edge of buying one of the blouses in this line when I find the exact style that appeals to me.  I have, in the past, paid a lot more for blouses than these.  I still have them and wear them.

That said, I can ride a horse, but I'm in no one's cavalry!

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~