Honored Contributor

Re: Really? $121.00 Casual Shirt?

If you like it and can afford it, go for it.  But, IMO, one does not have to spend over $100 to get a shirt that "lasts for years." I have $20 shirts that I've had for years and still look as good as new.

And as someone said if I had that much to spend on a shirt it would not be from QVC but from a b&m store where I could see it, feel it and try it on.

Respected Contributor

@libbyannE wrote:

I’m not buying that shirt because I don’t happen to need it, but that price for that shirt is in keeping with the marketplace. I’ve seen similar for $140 to $149. No big deal.

Really??  We must shop at different "marketplaces".  I promise I can do better.

Respected Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

I didn't see the shirt but I wouldn't call $121 dollars for shirt expensive.  It might be more than I want to pay but it's not some out of this world price.  I have paid and $90 to $100 for Ralph Lauren's classic button down no iron shirts.  I believe Chico's version is also around $90.  We all have different lifestyles and different incomes, that's what makes the world goe round.

@chrystaltree: I couldn't have said it better myself. I probably wouldn't pay that much for a shirt, but, if you want the shirt and can afford it, why not? 

Respected Contributor

If you like this brand check out A308785 their button front peplum top in the blue. The very best (and only) "jean" jacket I own. IMHO. Perfect and worth the moola.

No Image Found

Frequent Contributor

There are shirts like this in every price range, just as is the case with most things. You can probably find one that costs $20 all the way up to $2000 for designer. Dies not have to be anything special either. Just buy what works for you.

I never understand why people choose to comment on price which often come across as insulting to those who choose to buy the pricier item.
Respected Contributor

@DebbieDD wrote:
There are shirts like this in every price range, just as is the case with most things. You can probably find one that costs $20 all the way up to $2000 for designer. Dies not have to be anything special either. Just buy what works for you.

I never understand why people choose to comment on price which often come across as insulting to those who choose to buy the pricier item.

Well said!   Not everbody's retired!!

Frequent Contributor

That price was a big turn off for me. I’ve noticed that Qvc keeps raiseing the prices of its clothing and other goods and this seems to be another step in that direction. I believe if they keep increasing prices people will shop elsewhere.
Frequent Contributor

P.S. But To those who love that top and can afford it, buy it and enjoy. I was only commenting generally about increasing prices on QVC.
Esteemed Contributor

That’s what Side Stitch cost and ladies buy it.

Honored Contributor

I didn't love the shirt, so I wouldn't want to spend even 39.99 on it.

But I certainly can imagine there are lots and lots of people who have clothing bugets for casual wear that include that price and prices several times $121.