Respected Contributor

Have you SOLD any item to the Real Real?

The site says they have some locations that a representative will meet you personally to review your items. 

Or did you ship to the company for acceptance?

Do you send photos?

I will take a little less than EBay just to avoid any goofy buyers. 

Or maybe there is another option?

Honored Contributor

No, I haven't sold anything but I did buy an original Oscar de la Renta necklace.  It was amazing just to experience it!!!  Unfortunately,  it was SO heavy I would have immediately got a sick headache .

Honored Contributor

I've sold several things through the Real Real.  

Sign up and talk to a consultant.  We emailed each other.  She sent me a pre paid box to send my items to them.  They listed them for sale.  They would up selling very quickly.  They have a payment schedule.  It's all spelled out on their website.

I sold some LV accessories and a couple of Ferragamo scarves.  They authenticated them and priced them fairly.  They were in perfect condition.  

Valued Contributor

I have not sold to the Real Real, but have bought both bags and clothes.  If you're selling bags, try fashionphile and yoogi'scloset.  Take pics of your items, fill out their forms and they will give you an offer via email.  Then, send your items and if they match your description, you can get payment via Paypal or Check. Don't expect to get any where near what you paid for your items, but offers will vary.  I've sold to both and sold on ebay and Tradesy.   

Frequent Contributor

@granddi  Hi! I have sold many items on Real Real.  I have them send me the label and box and I pack myself.  I have been most successful selling designer handbags and jewelry such as Ippolita and Alexis Bittar.  You can find what designers they accept on their website.  Good luck!