Valued Contributor

Since March, 2020 when the lockdown started, I have been existing in night pajamas and "day pajamas" -- mostly comfy jeans and t-shirts or yoga pants and hoodies. Yesterday for the first time in over a year I actually wore a real outfit -- Belle Gravel's capris in a red gingham with one of her red tops and matching gingham jeans jacket. I thought, "Oh no. I'm going to be so "trussed up" in real clothing, but I didn't feel that way at all. I find her clothing so comfortable. I just wish the straight leg jeans I have had front pockets that stayed INSIDE the jeans. They constantly pop out. Maybe I'll stitch them shut and just use the back pockets. Maybe it's the way I'm built. I don't know, but no other jeans I own do that. I think the linings need to be a little longer. Anyway, I love her presentations and I love her clothing. 

Briggsie

Honored Contributor

I hear people say they have been living in pf's and nightgowns for a year and a half and I wonder why.  I can't even relate to it, much less understand it.  I was in the house so, of course, I wasn't wearing dress up clothes or fancy clothes.  But, I still got up, showered and got dressed in comfortable clothing.  Leggings and sweaters/knit tops and thick socks became my uniform.  Maxi skirts and socks in the summer months.  I wore my jewelry sometimes I put a little makeup on.  Dressing nicely and looking pretty made me feel good.  It made me feel like myself while everything outside was scary.  It's nice to hear that you are enjoying getting dressed again.

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree I can't relate to all day PJ's either.  I guess if you already wear yoga pants or sweats on a regular basis, I can see that becoming your daily "uniform".  I have been wearin jeans and a T-Shirt daily for years, so that didn't change for me.  My morning routine didn't change either.  And I still make the bed every day.  Luckily, I still had church to get dressed up for except for about 3 months.

Honored Contributor

I also got up showered, dressed and put on make up and jewerly...every day.  I did not do anything differently than any other time in my life.  

Sometimes I got ready for bed earlier than usual.

On my days off and I know I will be scrubbing floors or working in the yard, I do dress a bit differently.  For some reason when I work outside, I get really dirty!

Honored Contributor
I also don't understand wearing PJs for the past year+ but to each their own. I followed my same routine, but I am retired, maybe that's the difference, switching from dressing for work, to just normal dressing for my more casual life, of jeans and top, after my morning shower.
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

Re: Real Outfit -- Gravel

[ Edited ]

@BriggsiePeawiggle wrote:

Since March, 2020 when the lockdown started, I have been existing in night pajamas and "day pajamas" -- mostly comfy jeans and t-shirts or yoga pants and hoodies. Yesterday for the first time in over a year I actually wore a real outfit -- Belle Gravel's capris in a red gingham with one of her red tops and matching gingham jeans jacket. I thought, "Oh no. I'm going to be so "trussed up" in real clothing, but I didn't feel that way at all. I find her clothing so comfortable. I just wish the straight leg jeans I have had front pockets that stayed INSIDE the jeans. They constantly pop out. Maybe I'll stitch them shut and just use the back pockets. Maybe it's the way I'm built. I don't know, but no other jeans I own do that. I think the linings need to be a little longer. Anyway, I love her presentations and I love her clothing. 

Briggsie

@BriggsiePeawiggle, I think that the phase "day pajamas" in your post is a misnomer. What you describe is more what I think of as casual dressing. I wear jeans and t-shirts or sweaters, pandemic or no pandemic.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Valued Contributor

Hey..........I guess some of you didn't get it. I wasn't wearing actual PAJAMAS for a year. I was getting up and showering every day and changing into comfortable clothing that I CALLED my day pajamas. Of course, right away there are comments about being in pajamas for a year and denigrating me for it. Sorry I posted it now. 

Briggsie

Valued Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@BriggsiePeawiggle, I think that the phase "day pajamas" in you post is a misnoner. What you describe is more what I think of as casual dressing. I wear jeans and t-shirts or sweaters pandemic or no pandemic.

EXACTLY!!!  I just used the term "day pajamas" as a joke. I guess some people thought I was actually wearing pajamas for a year. Smiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOL

Respected Contributor

Hey..........I guess some of you didn't get it. I wasn't wearing actual PAJAMAS for a year. I was getting up and showering every day and changing into comfortable clothing that I CALLED my day pajamas. Of course, right away there are comments about being in pajamas for a year and denigrating me for it. Sorry I posted it now. 

Briggsie

I thought it was pretty obvious -- your description was adequate, and I enjoyed the humor.

Honored Contributor

Re: Real Outfit -- Gravel

[ Edited ]

Briggsie

It was clear to those of us who read a post before responding. Smiley LOL  Some don't and just have to add their 2 cents.