Respected Contributor

ReFORMED SHOPAHOLICS. Week of July 3

Good morning.,I made a grocery store run to get food for part of the week. Amie will not eat beef, m will not eat pork so it will be several,different varieties of chicken dishes. Lol.

My prednisone is wearing off so I am in more pain with movement. At least it was good for vacation..

Have a bit of cleanup to do..need to get stuff out of syds room...she has way too much..but it is her room.

we have had so much rain...we have not had to water much. Our street is pretty well done but they need to fix the grassy areas that were torn up. 

Linda..hope dh slept last night. 

Claudia...is your day going well.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: ReFORMED SHOPAHOLICS. Week of July 3

[ Edited ]

Good Morning/Afternoon!  Sorry your prednisone is wearing off, Barbara.  When is your next infusion?  I hope you have fun with all your company.  Really something to have six grands at one time, but....

DH isn't crazy about beef, and does not eat pork (except for bacon sometimes, which I don't think he realizes is pork), so I use lots of chicken and turkey as well as having vegetarian meals.  It does require some imagination, and I'm not always that creative.  My latest "find" is chicken sausage -- they have different flavors, etc., and DH seems to be willing to eat it.  

That is something about all the rain.  Glad your street is pretty much done.

Hope all is well with you today, Claudia.  I know you have your hands full taking care of R as well as your furbabies.

DH did pretty well yesterday and last night, thank goodness.  But, he is having more and more trouble with eating and drinking, and is quite nervous about falling.  But, I guess that is just normal progress of the disease. 

I talked to his DD last night, and she seems to understand how difficult things are here.  When I told her that he might not be able to go to day services, she suggested I hire someone to come in before the two weeks.  She also seemed to understand the probability that he will be living there permanently.  All that is good.

I took an early morning walk since they are predicting highs of 105 degrees plus with no rain here, even hotter in Tucson (110).  I'm really looking forward to cooler temperatures in Oregon.  Hope that I'm not disappointed.

Have a good day!

Hugs,

Linda

ETA -- hope you can change the date in the heading, Barbara.

Respected Contributor

Re: ReFORMED SHOPAHOLICS. Week of July 10

Linda..lope the date got fixed..yikes..

so so glad that his dd is so supportive. She has a good idea if he can't go to day care anymore.

Respected Contributor

Re: ReFORMED SHOPAHOLICS. Week of July 10

Linda..if you can cut and paste under a new header please do....I cannot manage that on my iPad.😜

Respected Contributor

I'm sorry the prednisone wore off, Barbara. I hope the infusion is not too far away.. you will certainly have a busy household this week.

It's a hot sunny day here. I just finished cleaning up the yard and hauling the garbage out front. Earlier R sighted in some muzzleloaders. I went along. It took 2 hours. Good thing I had my Kindle.

Linda, I think DH's daughter has a good idea if he can't attend day services.. I've tried some of the chicken sausage and it's quite good. R however prefers beef and venison. He will eat chicken and fish but it's not a favorite.

I got my exercise today hauling R's gear up a trail to the area he uses to sight his muzzleloader.. I had cut down on Griff's meds but upped it again because he and TT have had arguments. TT has instigated a couple disagreements so it's not all Griff's fault.

Tomorrow is another VA appointment. Tuesday R has lab work at the local clinic then we take Bo for his yearly shots.

Trusted Contributor

Good afternoon ladies -- such struggles for some of us.  I hope it makes us stronger.  We have to ride the ups and downs as they come, I guess.  Some weeks are better than others.

It's good to spend time with family when we can.  We hope to do that later this month.  It's difficult when we live so far away from each other.

I hope to have a better week with spending.  Bought some LOGO pants last week, had friends in town to golf and go out to dinner.  It was an expensive week, but will try to get back on the wagon this week.  Fingers crossed.

Have a good, positive day ladies!!

Esteemed Contributor

Sorry that I cannot change the title, Barbara.  I do understand about the I-Pad.

Hi 3suwm5 -- I think you meant to post this on the other tread -- two of us post on both threads, but this one is much smaller -- usually only three of us.  You might want to look for the Shopaholics thread and post there as well.

Linda