Respected Contributor

Rayon From Bamboo....Good/Bad?

Just watched the last show some with Hot in Hollywood lady on.  Her top she said is made from rayon from bamboo I believe....is this a more denser fabric?  Top looked beautiful...it was the one day only but I am not sure of this fabric.  Both her and host said white is not see thur....I just don't believe that...they always seem to be see thur!

Thoughts

Respected Contributor

Re: Rayon From Bamboo....Good/Bad?

[ Edited ]

This will be my 1st tee with this fabric. I’ll find out as I ordered 3 (white being one of the colors). Hoping to get a lot of wear out of them this summer. Love the Laurie Felt line.

Valued Contributor

I know there are sheets that are "rayon from bamboo" 

Respected Contributor

@AmericanBulldogMom  I did order 2 of them also to try but as usual am having second thoughts!  I guess we will both find out then....just hope they wash nice also that's another concern.

Respected Contributor

@tsavorite They went fast so we had to decide fast. LOL! I always hang dry my clothes so I’ll do that with these also. For washing, I plan to wash these on the gentle cycle for safe measures. Fingers crossed for us 🤞🏻

Honored Contributor

No two items are ever the same but everything I have purchased (which is not a lot, I admit) that was made of bamboo has not held up well.  I might have just had bad experiences but until I hear a lot of testimony to the contrary, I will just wait this fabric out.

Honored Contributor

I bought some bamboo towels years ago and they are still the best.They look like new and they dry you off really well.I have bought towels since and they don’t dry as well.So I don’t know if there is a quality difference with some bamboo products or if they have found a way to make it less expensive and not as good.

Honored Contributor

I've been buying yarn made from bamboo for years.

It makes a fantastic yarn ... dyes well, nice sheen, is soft and has a wonderful draping.

Other than what I've made with the yarn, I'm not aware I've ever had anything else made from bamboo.

Trusted Contributor

I slept on bamboo sheets several years ago. I found them to be a little scratchy. Not a fan of bamboo in clothes or anything that touches the body. 

Open my heart and you will see, engraved inside, Italy - Robert Browning