Esteemed Contributor

Rave for DG Jacket

[ Edited ]

I got the glen plaid Diane Gilman blazer that was the TS on HSN a month or two ago.  It's so well made, I just have to rave about it.  I'd never bought any DG items before and had no idea what I was getting, but I'm extremely impressed with the quality.  When I worked, I thought nothing of spending $250 for a high quality blazer.  This DG blazer was so cheap!  I might buy more DG in the future. Who knows?

OK, this jacket was too big around the middle for me, so I had to move the buttons over about an inch  (seriously, Diane, not all old ladies are big around the middle).  The blazer is so lovely (and timeless!)  I didn't want to send it back.  I will wear it for years, I'm sure.

Wore it to a function yesterday and so many ladies came up to me and asked where I'd got it.  A hundred compliments!     

Did anyone else here get that blazer?  What are your thoughts?   (oh, and an honorable mention to DG's dress slacks with the wide elastic waistband)

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

I did not get the blazer but have several of DG's tops and are very happy with them.  She is one of my "go to" brands on HSN.  However, I do not order any of her pants because I am not the body type she designs for.

Honored Contributor

@tototwo 

I'm glad you're enjoying it! I bought 2 the last time she did a blazer ts and was very happy with them.

I have a few of her things, tops and jeans, and the only complaint I had was with the super stretch. Only had the one pair of bermudas but I thought that material was awful! Broke down rather rapidly to a stretched out mess!

The virtual is a much better performer...

Respected Contributor

I ordered the Diane Gilman blazer when it was a TS. In fact, I eventually ordered a second one.  (solid and plaid). I had been concerned because it wasn't available in a petite sizing, but the regular works just fine. It's an exquisite jacket!

I used to order many Gilman fashions--before she started focusing mainly on jeans. I'm happy that she's expanding her horizons once again.

Contributor

I also bought the plaid jacket from DG and I love it.  I sized down and it is  not boxy at all.  I have worn it to work with black,  burgundy as well as gray trousers and its looks great with all of them.  Very good quality!  This was a great buy!

Respected Contributor

I bought a few and agree with you.  LOVE these jackets!  I also bought the matching pants in both plaids, burgundy and black.  I have both plaid jackets but I'm not one who would ever wear them together with the matching pants for that head-to-toe plaid look.  They look great with other things, though.  They don't wrinkle and they look so good on.  I love DG and although I've been happy with most of her items, I did not expect to love these ponte items as much as I did.  She did a fantastic job with these.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks all!  I'm happy to see so many of you bought it and love it too!

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt