Honored Contributor

Now that we've figured out what garment measurement fits us, why all of a sudden are they briefly flashing a range of measurements?   Just give me the chest measurement of the garment, and I'm quite capable of determining if it'll fit me.  I do not like this change!  If they eliminate garment measurements, I'll quit buying; the only advantage to buying on live TV over a catalog is to get this information.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I caught Jill's d&c show yesterday and didn't notice anything had changed.  I did notice though that she spoke a lot about sizing, which is always good.

Honored Contributor

what was going on during the Susan G. show with those ridiculous measurements up on the screen had like 21 inches for 1X tops.

then had for 42 in. hips like a 3 x size , huh?

I turned it off if they can't get realistic measurements up on screen I'm not going to go to all the trouble of calling them up and telling them of their mistakes or doing the research.

something was seriously wrong with that show or I'm going blind.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Now that we've figured out what garment measurement fits us, why all of a sudden are they briefly flashing a range of measurements?   Just give me the chest measurement of the garment, and I'm quite capable of determining if it'll fit me.  I do not like this change!  If they eliminate garment measurements, I'll quit buying; the only advantage to buying on live TV over a catalog is to get this information.

I'm not sure what you mean by a range of measurements?

But, I cannot just go by a chest measurement to know if a top will fit me.  If the top is longer, I need the hip/sweep measurement because I'm a pear shape so I'm smaller on top.   

Esteemed Contributor

I still regret when QVC powers convinced themselves their sizing was so consistent that hosts no longer needed to address garment measurements and sizing during presentations.  I know that system is never coming back, but I personally thought it was a significant factor in helping customers choose a size, and deciding whether or not a clothing item would be something which would fit their body well.  I realize that sizing info is online, but if I'm lying in bed watching QVC on TV, I should not have to get up to check QVC.com in order to see basic information I require to make a purchase.  

This is my opinion, but as dull as stating measurements and fit can seem to some, it is that type of service which separated QVC from other TV retailers and from other stores selling women's apparel via catalog and internet.  I for one would rather hear a bit less about social media pages and other useless chatter, and more about the product being aired.  There would still be sufficient time for personalities to sparkle and come through, and they could probably fit a couple more products into every hour.