Honored Contributor

Re: Randy from Say Yes to the Dress

At first I thought the gown pictured had a gold belt, then I realized it was her midriff.  Seriously why would a bride want her midriff exposed?

I cannot imagine the guests' reactions at first glimpse of the blushing bride.

Honored Contributor

Two piece with the exposed midriff is a trend now. Many shown this season on SYTTD. I'm not a fan. Can't imagine Randy is either, but he's also trying to sell by keeping up with trends.

Thanks for posting, I want to check out his other dresses.

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Honored Contributor

The dresses are very similar to what you always see on the show. Pnina see through mid sections, mermaids with ruffles, etc. The one with the cape is unique, and there's one with a modified capelet.

How about this one..um..my eyes went straight to there  kleinfeld-randy-fenoli-wedding-dresses-spring-2018-026.jpg

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Honored Contributor

Two piece prom dresses have been popular for over ten years.  Prom and wedding wear often mirror eachother.

Image result for pictures of two piece prom dresses

Esteemed Contributor

Ugh, that 2 piece wedding dress is just so inappropriate.

Respected Contributor

Yes, many prom dresses are exposed midriff style. It all depends on how it looks on. I don't care for this wedding dress.

Esteemed Contributor

Never for a church wedding.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Greeneyedlady21  Lol, my eyes went there too.  The bottom of the dress is beautiful, the top - no way.  

Honored Contributor

I just guess I'm the rare one that isn't very conservative in clothing. I think this 2-piece wedding dress is adorable! I wish I had this choice for my end of July wedding. Hotter than blazes, humid like a terrarium this dress would have been perfect!! Heart

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

@febe1 wrote:

Never for a church wedding.

I said on this board once that I thought many of the dresses in SYTTD were not appropriate for church and  I was told in no uncertain terms that MOST people these days do not get married in churches anymore, and that I was not in touch with the modern world etc. So - I suppose we are both out of touch. The past few weddings I have attended were in churches, but at my age we don't go to a lot of weddings.However, a friend of mine is a lay minister and she has assisted at many church weddings in the few years I've known her.