Honored Contributor

Re: Ralph Lauren May Be Pulling Back

Ralph Lauren put yesterday's entire show online.  I think it's fabulous!  Christy Turlington makes a cameo model walk at the very end.

I saw it on the RL Instagram page, but it's probably also on youtube and other places.  

It's 12 minutes long. 

“My Spring 2024 women’s Collection is about a new kind of romance—cool and sophisticated. It’s about the freedom of creating a personal style through the artistry of faded denims and painterly florals, the modern sophistication of timeless icons reimagined in black and gold, or the eclectic mix of bold colors, shine, and luxurious handcrafted details. These are the stories of the woman I design for, whose individuality and artistic spirit are a canvas for her own self-expression.”

—Ralph Lauren

Honored Contributor

@kze @Bookplate @Caaareful Shopper , Found it on Youtube.  I was surprised becasue neither NYFW.com nor Runway360 has it listed in their schedules 

@ECBG You like the color seasons.  You should watch the show.  I think the greens in the first part of the show are my greens, but not the bright greens used later in the show.  There was a short gold skirt I liked.  Later in the show he does a lot of brighter purples and jewel tones I'm guessing are your colors.  There is a tunic over gold pants near the very end I liked very much but it's open down the sides except for a belt holding it together, so that's a no for me.  But, I have to say, what was he thinking with that dress that looked like it's covered in gold loose straw?

Trusted Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

When did he show?

Apparently yesterday, Sept. 8

Honored Contributor

He's 83 and looks great.   This is a photo at his runway show yesterday.

Screenshot 2023-09-09 at 5.54.52 PM.png

Trusted Contributor

@ROMARY wrote:

BookPlate:

I love this style look.  

I just might (semi-) 'copy', only with a higher waist bottom.

Me too.  The wallpaper-patterned jeans are awesome, although I think the one knee rip, if that is what I am seeing, could go.

Trusted Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

@kze @Bookplate @Caaareful Shopper , Found it on Youtube.  I was surprised becasue neither NYFW.com nor Runway360 has it listed in their schedules 

@ECBG You like the color seasons.  You should watch the show.  I think the greens in the first part of the show are my greens, but not the bright greens used later in the show.  There was a short gold skirt I liked.  Later in the show he does a lot of brighter purples and jewel tones I'm guessing are your colors.  There is a tunic over gold pants near the very end I liked very much but it's open down the sides except for a belt holding it together, so that's a no for me.  But, I have to say, what was he thinking with that dress that looked like it's covered in gold loose straw?

@Icegoddess You mean this little number?  I am thinking pumpkin picking....

nyfw ralph lauren

Esteemed Contributor

@Icegoddess @Bookplate I like it. I have no where to wear it, but it works here in the Southwest if I went anywhere except curbside pick up.

Back in the day, I would have made an entrance in this number.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Icegoddess wrote:

@Icegoddess 

Gold is a main color in your palatte.  It would make a wonderful edition!

Winter's green is blue based like the basic green crayon into forest green.

The "straw" is his interpretation infringe- a major thing this year.

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

Ralph Lauren put yesterday's entire show online.  I think it's fabulous!  Christy Turlington makes a cameo model walk at the very end.

I saw it on the RL Instagram page, but it's probably also on youtube and other places.  

It's 12 minutes long. 

“My Spring 2024 women’s Collection is about a new kind of romance—cool and sophisticated. It’s about the freedom of creating a personal style through the artistry of faded denims and painterly florals, the modern sophistication of timeless icons reimagined in black and gold, or the eclectic mix of bold colors, shine, and luxurious handcrafted details. These are the stories of the woman I design for, whose individuality and artistic spirit are a canvas for her own self-expression.”

—Ralph Lauren

@Caaareful Shopper 

On youtube, there is 8 minute scroll of still photos of models in designs.  That's all I found.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ECBG Try entering:

The Ralph Lauren Collection Spring 2024 Runway Show.

It's the official video from Ralph Lauren.  In its entirety it's over 28 minutes long.  But you can fast forward to about minute 16:08, that's when it truly begins.