Honored Contributor

Re: Ralph Lauren Fall-Winter Fashion Show "The Pulse Of Fashion"

@ECBG wrote:

@MacDUFF wrote:

What stood out to me was the lushness of the fabric.  I loved the brown colors in the 1st few minutes.  And the plaid.  The blue velvet, embroidered topper was gorgeous (not that I'd wear anything like that lol).  Lots of pretty dresses.  Those jeans were cool!

What I didn't like:  The gunslinger look of some of the collection; men's ties; and the big clown-like collars.

Thanks for posting @ECBG

@MacDUFF,I've been in retail enough to realize that the "extreme styles" come down to ready to wear very sparcely.  You may run into one or two of those collars the first year, then they'll die out.

Now I'm working in a major "boutique" of sorts.  Unfortunately, national health care has caused most of retail to end full time positions unless you're a manager, then you can't get any hours.  Everyone in retail predicted this and they were right.  If I'm lucky, I may get ten a week!  I wish I were more active!

That's an inflammatory comment, and you know it's more complicated than 'blaming' national healthcare for retail operating issues. Is that a snide political bash??? Why bring that on a fashion discussion thread???

Included in that mix - Slow recovery from recession, shift to online purchasing, changing demographics - what the younger demo's buy, how, where, when.  Of course greedy + inept executives running these organizations are also to blame. 

Macy's is hiring, maybe in your area so you can add hours/days. It could lead to full time. Too many times people pigeon hole themselves and give up, get bitter, blame the government.  

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Chi-town girlI've been in retail for the last seven years.  As stated before, the ones I worked with said that would happen because companies wouldn't have to offer health insurance.  Also, in looking for a new retail position because a woman who couldn't work with anyone in the store was added to our area as a last resort,  I left because of her hatefulness and have been in the market until a few months ago, ten months studying the market.  All the sales positions that were not management have turned part time.  I have followed Indeed.com, which lists all the positions in detail, and couldn't find full time sales in a store.  None.  At all.  Everywhere I have been, I have been a top seller because of my ability to style.

You have been studying the job market in the past few years?

So, you tell me, where have all the full time positions gone?

I'm stating my opinion and I have the background to stand on.

Respected Contributor

I'd give my eye teeth to have the brown plaid coat.

Absoultely stunning clothes, and perfect makeup and styling. ----Oh, to be young again!!!!

Trusted Contributor

I love and have worn Ralph Lauren for many years. His fabrics are wonderful and I don't mind( too much ) paying the price because the styles are classic. 

Ive learned that for me at least that fit and fabric are most important. 

His Fall 2016 runway show is to die for. The Winter 2017 is equally impressive. 

My favorite line was the Blue Label which was discontinued about three years ago and replaced with Polo Ralph Lauren which I like but the sizing is slightly different and the fabrics not as sumptuous,but the prices are lower. Of course,I love the Collection line which is shown on the runway,but the prices! In my next life. 

Honored Contributor

@hennypenny wrote:

Absoultely stunning clothes, and perfect makeup and styling. ----Oh, to be young again!!!!

@hennypennyOn the Ralph Lauren site many of the clothes in the highest tier will be offered.  About Christmas they'll take deep discounts.  You may be able to get it.  I'd join the site.

Respected Contributor

ECBG, I think I will!

We used to have a RL store here, then had to shop for his stuff in Beverly Hills. We would trek down for mr henny's clothes. Now he lives in shorts, orvis shirts and crocs. Ahhhh well.

That coat is calling my name!

Esteemed Contributor

@hennypenny wrote:

@hennypenny  ...Plaid Cashmere Topcoat - Collection Apparel Coats - RalphLauren.com   Gorgeous!

Honored Contributor

@hennypenny wrote:

ECBG, I think I will!

We used to have a RL store here, then had to shop for his stuff in Beverly Hills. We would trek down for mr henny's clothes. Now he lives in shorts, orvis shirts and crocs. Ahhhh well.

That coat is calling my name!

@hennypennyForgot to mention Ralph Lauren  is 1% on Mr Rebates.  I have some really unusual things from the site.  Just watch and check every few days.  If you haven't, also subscribe.  They'll send you a percentage off you can use with any order and it has no time limit.

Respected Contributor

Thanks, will check into it!