Honored Contributor

Ralph Lauren Fall-Winter Fashion Show "The Pulse Of Fashion"

Beautiful styles.  I have found ever since I studied fashion in college that his designs always choose the most wearable elements of fashion and elevate them while keeping them available in mainstream retail.

Tights, high boots, and everything you've seen out and about done to work together and give you fresh ideas.

What do you like the best?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsVFJfCdeOY

Honored Contributor

Re: Ralph Lauren Fall-Winter Fashion Show "The Pulse Of Fashion"

Strong menswear orientation, but feminine. 

Love the brown/cocoa tone

Give that girl, in the gold skirt a whip Woman LOL

24769950429_d766f6e2a0_o.jpg

download (7).jpg

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

What stood out to me was the lushness of the fabric.  I loved the brown colors in the 1st few minutes.  And the plaid.  The blue velvet, embroidered topper was gorgeous (not that I'd wear anything like that lol).  Lots of pretty dresses.  Those jeans were cool!

What I didn't like:  The gunslinger look of some of the collection; men's ties; and the big clown-like collars.

Thanks for posting @ECBG

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Trusted Contributor

Thank you.  I will have to rethink my perging.  Some of the pieces I have had for years are back.  If they fit I will definitely wear them on occasion.  I still enjoy the pant suits and blouses with ties, etc.  Everything but the long dresses.  Liked the shoes.  Since an accident my knees and hips can not tolerate even 2 inches. Those styles did not work in the office at the college.  Actually visitors call many in my town " old hippies and granolas".    We have 2 very liberal colleges.  We still have protestors in the intersections quite frequently.  You will see all manner of dress but most would not come close to stylish.  It is a friendly town for the most part.   Parents bringing their children to college say they would rather drive in NYC than here.

Respected Contributor

@ECBG

Oooh, love the tone-on-tone browns/greys, soft suedes, below-the-knee pencil skirts!

Respected Contributor

Loved seeing so many timeless classics. I have a washable suede midi skirt I haven't worn in years and I'm thinking I can pull it out again and wear it with a turtleneck, low-slung suede belt and boots and I'll be stylin'! Smiley Wink Now if we could only drop down out of the 90's...

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

Beautiful styles.  I have found ever since I studied fashion in college that his designs always choose the most wearable elements of fashion and elevate them while keeping them available in mainstream retail.

Tights, high boots, and everything you've seen out and about done to work together and give you fresh ideas.

What do you like the best?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsVFJfCdeOY

Thank you for posting. It brought back a lot of memories when I wore a lot of Ralph Lauren clothing. Since I am now retired I don't have as much need for his clothing but I still have some blazers and silk blouses that I love. My favorite is a suit I purchased with a cinched in waist jacket and a riding skirt that I wore with his leather boots.

His new styles are really reminiscent of years ago with a slight twist. I would not wear the ties but his skirts look really pretty and I like the idea of the fuller leg pant. He knows how to cut a pair of pants where they fit like a dream.....he cuts for tall women. Maybe that's why over the years I have had so much luck with his clothing.

I enjoy his flagship store in New York. It's like a museum.

Honored Contributor

Thank you for the fashion @ECBG

Respected Contributor

Oh to be 5'10" and size 2..............

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MacDUFF wrote:

What stood out to me was the lushness of the fabric.  I loved the brown colors in the 1st few minutes.  And the plaid.  The blue velvet, embroidered topper was gorgeous (not that I'd wear anything like that lol).  Lots of pretty dresses.  Those jeans were cool!

What I didn't like:  The gunslinger look of some of the collection; men's ties; and the big clown-like collars.

Thanks for posting @ECBG

@MacDUFF,I've been in retail enough to realize that the "extreme styles" come down to ready to wear very sparcely.  You may run into one or two of those collars the first year, then they'll die out.

Now I'm working in a major "boutique" of sorts.  Unfortunately, national health care has caused most of retail to end full time positions unless you're a manager, then you can't get any hours.  Everyone in retail predicted this and they were right.  If I'm lucky, I may get ten a week!  I wish I were more active!