Honored Contributor

Re: Raise your hand if you think you own 20 or more pairs of black pants, including capris & jea

@Mindy D 

I live in NY - and wear them all year around.  Sleeveless t-necks in the summer.  The reason for the large number .... I've cut the sleeves off a lot of them because I needed some sleeveless ones.  

I have a long torso - so a longer top is a necessity.  I also have a long thin neck and prefer a tall snug collar.  I wear turtlenecks about 95% of the time and rotate the collection so they last forever.

Forget about QVC ... every t-neck I tried had a floppy collar.  QVC has to appeal to the widest audience. 

• When Renee had her orignal  acetate spandex City Knits collection (gee, that was a long time ago) .... I bought several t-necks and still wear them.
  • Simonton had a couple that were a great fit .... stll wearing those too.
  • Coldwater Creek also had a Travel Knit collection of acetate spandex and I have a couple of those also.
  • Same with Chico's Traveler collection of acetate spandex .... still wearng those also.  Long sleek body and long snug collar 

Today, my prime sources for turtlenecks is (1) LandsEnd, (2) Chico's, and (3) Amazon. 

For the long ones with the tallest snug collar and overall snug fit (good for layering) - Amazon is good. 

LandsEnd has the widest variety off fabrics and fits and the very best color selection*.  I've been buying them from there for about 20 years. 

Chco's had/has some nice rayon blend fabrics - a bit "dressier" feel. 

*While black is my primary color choice - I dohave other colors that go with each of the knit/crochet sweaters and jackets that I make.. 

--------------------------------------------

@Mindy D wrote:

@ALRATIBA 

@ALRATIBA wrote:

Guilty ....

But, I have more black tops than I have black pants.  38 black turtlenecks. (That's JUST turtlenecks - no idea how many black tops total.)

@ALRATIBA @@The 38 black turtlenecks is the most I have heard of anyone owning. That is amazing. I bet you have some very pretty ones. This season, I had trouble finding a longer length black turtleneck for me. I found one from Isaac on waitlist, but QVC cancelled my waitlist. I have quite a few blacks in a smaller size than I need. I was hoping to find one for me this year.

I'm retired now, and live in a very hot climate, so I would only need a couple of them in a cotton and maybe one in a sweater, since I would get little chance to wear them in the very few colder days we have here in S. Florida. It's kind of a shame that I own many cashmere turtlenecks in every color but they don't fit right now. I can't bear to part with them.